Medium Orbital Weapons Platform

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ps2cho
x3tc

Medium Orbital Weapons Platform

Post by ps2cho » Wed, 4. May 11, 06:37

Where can I buy these at?

I did a search, but couldn't seem to find much...I did find a "script", but is this platform not included in the game as standard to purchase?

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Wed, 4. May 11, 06:39

Not in Vanilla. Look in the Mods section.
-- GD

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Wed, 4. May 11, 08:51

SRM has OWP's in its Shipyard Pack. I think Cadius designed the Terran ones. They look pretty neat, but I haven't tested any of them thoroughly. I've used a couple Gungnirs in just one battle, and they were nice to have provided I could keep the enemy in range. Only thing I can't figure out is a way to keep them easily supplied... they can use missiles if you want them to, and are armed not only with PSP's, but also with MAML's which need ammo... I couldn't get CLS 1 to recognize them as stations (as a consumer) even after activating them with the hotkey. I think the game considers them ships, their icon looked like an M2 icon. I could probably get CLS 2 working if I cared, but I just reverted to an older save after trying them out for that little bit.

I suppose this post of mine belongs in the SRM thread though. If you wanna chat more about them, I'll see ya there.

:)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 4. May 11, 10:40

owp's are classed as M1's

i've played with them both as player owned as ai controlled and to be honest until i re-wrote their combat logic they were about as useful as lasertowers (expensive sitting ducks)

i wouldn't bother if i was you
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 4. May 11, 12:33

Curiosity overwhelms me LV. What precisely was wrong with their combat logic?
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Wed, 4. May 11, 12:43

They don't stick to targets until they're dead. At least for me they didn't seem to, even when targets stayed within range and arc of their turrets. They just shoot wtf they want, and switch when they want. That makes a big difference with highhull for SRM. Can cause you and your other ships/OWP's to take more damage than necessary, or even lose a larger battle that's otherwise equal... (IR generates a lot of large battles in comparison to vanilla). Really it's a problem for all ships though, even when I tell them to attack a target they don't always stick to it if they 'pass' it. Not sure what OWP excuse is, target never gets passed as long as you maneuver your ship to keep them in OWP sights. /shrug

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”