Factory production increase mod for X3 TC?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Silveressa
x4

Factory production increase mod for X3 TC?

Post by Silveressa » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 04:40

For X3 TC I'm hunting for a mod to increase the production output of owned factories (specifically missile and ammunition factories) but I'm having no luck finding one and hoping someone might point me in the right direction?

Failing that could someone explain to me what I need to alter to modify the production output? I opened the Tfactories.pck but didn't see any reference value for production output so am at a loss where to go to mod the file myself.
"Lesbian Gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 17:52

Buy another factory?

I am not sure that you can change output from a factory. If you can, then it would be by changing Relative Value ("relval") for the ware in the types\TWare files. The formulas for factory capacity and resource requirements are hardcoded and based on relval.

So multiple factories in a complex is the way to go.

If you are looking to cheat on factory production, then removing resource requirements works better. There are still some hard-coded "tricks". For example, if you try to remove the crystals from a Solar Power Plant (SPP), then the production rate of the SPP will be reduced. Dramatically. However, you can remove the resource requirements from a crystal fab without penalty. So SPP + Crystal Fab works with no other resource requirements.

You may have to experiment a bit to get the combination that you are looking for.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”