[TOOL] Changeling - X3:TC Editor and Change Manager [v2.8.1 - Sa-07-May-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 24. May 11, 02:23

Roger is the MDMk2 issue a random event or should those of us who use EES not use MDMk2 for the time being?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 24. May 11, 02:29

Personally, I'd rather you concentrated on getting the basic mod merging completed.

That way, those who just want to merge ship mods and other "basic" mods, can get on with it.

EES and suchlike are, imo, "specialty mods" that should be an added extra, not the main product.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 24. May 11, 02:42

joelR wrote:Roger is the MDMk2 issue a random event or should those of us who use EES not use MDMk2 for the time being?
It is debatable, and the issue with laser swapping needs to be investigated much further than I can really justify spending time on for now.

LitCube's original report indicates that there could be issues with turrets never being equipped at all. If you have not witnessed it then MD Mk2 is probably safe to use.

If you have witnessed it then there are a couple of options:-
  1. Utillise the "non-swap" patch that I will release alongside EES v2.6 and manually hack a version of MD Mk2 to disable the swapping (both Reg and Adv versions use the stock MCSI commands for the swapping - I can point you in the direction of what commands need to be commented out in what script if you wish to do this)
  2. Utilise an a complete replacement for the MCSI weapon swapping commands such as MARS or perhaps MEFOS (I don't think MEFOS works for AI ships though)
I have run some personal testing with switching enabled and MD Mk2 and it can work ok, but my personal testing is not conclusive enough to make a recommendation.

I will look further into these issues when I start work on the new Equipment Spawning project. But for now, I recommend you to use your own judgement.
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Tue, 24. May 11, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 24. May 11, 02:56

apricotslice wrote:Personally, I'd rather you concentrated on getting the basic mod merging completed.

That way, those who just want to merge ship mods and other "basic" mods, can get on with it.

EES and suchlike are, imo, "specialty mods" that should be an added extra, not the main product.
True, but they also can serve as excellent band-aids for some merging concerns ;)

My next Changeling release is going to be a big one, the intermediate release 2.5.1 hinted at a few of the changes. But one of the main things I will be trying to introduce is importing of existing mods and shifting content around. I am also going to try to get the exporting to work as well.

Some of the features I am keen to look at are those that will assist with converting mod content from Vanilla to XTC (or other conversion mods) and visa versa. These however, are possibly a couple of releases away.

Another of my pet features is the start editor which I hope to introduce in the next release (either in part or in whole).

I will post an update soon with regards to will and will not be included the next release of Changeling.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 29. May 11, 23:38

EES v2.6 - Final Release
The final release of EES is now available for download, please note the updated EES ReadMe.txt file. I will keep EES v2.6 available for download, but as per my previous announcement EES v2.6 will be the last release formally supported by me.

Please keep an eye out for the complete redesign of the EES concept that I have on the drawing board. Estimated release date of first offering is still to be determined but it will be in an independent thread.

Changeling v2.9 - Progress
Sorry for the delay in this update but the current planned changes for Changeling v2.9 are as follows.
  1. Import/Export of Mod ZIP packages
  2. Redesign of application Tools menu to make it more user friendly and less error prone
  3. First draft of TFile editing (both in context of mod and imported game data)
  4. MARS 7047 Global Parameters editor (tentative)
  5. First beta of game start editor (tentative)
Release date to be confirmed.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 16:06

Ok, just a quick update to let those of you that are eagerly waiting for 2.9 that the project has not been abandonned and that I am still alive ;)

On a more serious note, due to RL getting more busy as of late I am having to juggle my priorities a little and have dropped the ball on this one. My plan is to release v2.9 some time in the next fortnight (at latest Su-26-Jun-2011) and the included features are likely to be a subset of what I wanted to release, but I will try to include as much as possible.

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 02:58

Hi Roger...

Have been using the excellent EES script for a long time but i think i have found my 1st oddity in my game, i use the SRM mod.

Anyway all Khaak Destroyers and Carriers only appear to mount the Beta Kyon Emitter rather than the Gamma....

Is there anything i can do about this, as its very annoying and breaking the immersion factor.

Thanks

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 13. Jun 11, 07:05

Sn4kemaster wrote:Anyway all Khaak Destroyers and Carriers only appear to mount the Beta Kyon Emitter rather than the Gamma....

Is there anything i can do about this, as its very annoying and breaking the immersion factor.
The simplest answer would be to edit the Kha'ak laser priorities list using Changeling and increase the bias for the Gamma Kyon Emitter so that it has a much higher chance of spawning. Priorities you might use could be:-
  • Alpha Kyon Emitter = 1
    Beta Kyon Emitter = 10
    Gamma Kyon Emitter = 100

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 17. Jun 11, 23:26

My initial planned release date of v2.9 has slipped to the right by a week due to an unexpected increase in demand on my time. New ETC Su-03-Jul-2011.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 20:44

Sorry for the delay, RL got very busy very quickly and I have not had as much spare time as I expected. Development of v2.9 has been on hold for a while and so the release date has slipped to the right again. :oops:

My spare time over the next couple of weeks is going to be a little unpredictable but I am hoping to be able to restart development and get a release out by the end of August (sooner if possible).

artao
x3tc

Post by artao » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 12:47

RL does that, hang in there!@! :D :D
Let me offer encouragement also on the completion of this project. As an end-user, it sounds very useful. To me, the best bit is the start game editing. I actually asked specifically about that in the forums recently, but more in regards to [R]. ... I was even starting to consider trying to come up with some sort of Python script to edit start games--but first I'd have to learn how to program in Python ;)
Thanks! :cool:
"Keep looking up!!" -- Jack Horkheimer (RIP)
l8r,
artao

System specs (if needed):
Win XP SP3 Home
Soyo K7VME mobo
Athlon XP1800+ 1.6Ghz CPU
1Gb DDR 233 RAM
ATI x700 256Mb DX9 Shader 2.0 (AGP 8x)
Soundblaster Live!
... and the standard drives, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc ...

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 29. Aug 11, 11:52

Been busy over the past month with RL stuff primarily (and some TDU2 chill time :roll:) so development has been on hold. I expect to restart development sometime soon. Will give another update in the next couple of weeks (perhaps with a release if I get time to have a good run at it).

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 04:38

Just checking on progress. I ha someone over on my forum ask about adding stuff to the Merge Mod, and since I dont ahve any of the modding tools loaded on my current computer, I've been sortof waiting for this tool to be ready to use instead. :)

Understand about RL. Its been that way with me as well. I havent touched any game stuff other than odd forum posts in yonks myself.

Still hoping this will get completed though. I'm hearing that not everyone will be getting Rebirth, and so some people are still hanging out for the merging of features in TC.

Personally I reckon its 50/50 if Rebirth holds my interest given its lack of resemblance to TC in terms of modding, so this tool may make it easier to breathe new life into TC for a lot of people.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 21:42

apricotslice wrote:Just checking on progress. ...
No Worries there, the project is not abandoned :) I want to see this project through probably more than anyone else.

At the moment I have my weekends and that is about it. I have set a personal absolute deadline of the end of this year for completing this project, but expect to see my next offering way before then.

Will see how much time I can squeeze out of this weekend ;)

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 13:48

So you're still going? Good good, I'll find the gamestart functionality particularly useful.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 19:55

EmperorJon wrote:So you're still going? Good good, I'll find the gamestart functionality particularly useful.
Yeah, it is still going... it is just time to work on it is a bit short at the moment but I still think that the EOTY deadline I have set myself is realistic.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 29. Oct 11, 19:59

Only 2 months to go. ;)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 07:30

Due to my spending alot of time away from home over the past month or so progress has been stunted a bit. I will see what I can get done before the new year but we may be looking at a late January/early February release depending on the demands on my time.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 17:48

Take your time. :)
______
______

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 06:49

I have been busy over the past few months and not had any time to work on this, but I should be back on top of things in the next couple of weeks hopefully. I know this has been delayed time after time but this should be the last delay. I will be aiming at an end of March 2012 release including support for AP.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”