[Discussion] Generic X3TC S&M questions III

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sticks
x4

Post by Sticks » Sat, 18. Jan 14, 22:25

Is it possible to get a a new universe map (i want a flat universe map) with a currently active save or do i have to start anew? cant seem to get it working, i am just putting the file "00749.bod" into this path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon\objects\cut" but nothing happens when i load the savegame.

Furthermore some sectors are missing (just on the map, not ingame), probably due to the fact that i use X3AP with XRM and X3 Plots for AP, can i get them to show up again? for example "Dark Space Cluster" and "Privateer Gate" are there, but there is no square on the universe map.

Thanks in advance!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 19. Jan 14, 18:36

Sticks wrote:Is it possible to get a a new universe map (i want a flat universe map) with a currently active save
Yes, that is possible. The bod file is just responsible for displaying the sectors in the galaxy map.
Sticks wrote:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon\objects\cut
The directory is wrong. The file has to be put into the objects\cut folder within the X3 Terran Conflict directory not within the addon folder, even if you play X3AP.
Sticks wrote:Furthermore some sectors are missing (just on the map, not ingame), probably due to the fact that i use X3AP with XRM and X3 Plots for AP, can i get them to show up again? for example "Dark Space Cluster" and "Privateer Gate" are there, but there is no square on the universe map.
That sounds as if the bod of either of these mods you are using does not include all sector positions and therefore some of these sectors are not displayed. In anyway, when you install a bod with all of the sectors entered, the sectors should be displayed again.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sticks
x4

Post by Sticks » Sun, 19. Jan 14, 22:11

I put it in the correct folder and now it works like a charm, thank you!

akruppa
x3ap

Reduce collision damage

Post by akruppa » Wed, 22. Jan 14, 21:09

Is it possible to modify the damage dealt by objects colliding in space? It seems rather silly to me that these are ships with massive hull and shields that can shrug off a beating from incredibly advanced weaponry, but bumping into each other smashes both to smithereens. Reducing the damage would also reduce the impact of the headlong auto pilot; it might still drive you into stuff but at least it wouldn't blow up the ship.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 05:55

I'm having a strange problem with one of my scripts that is forcing me to delay releasing it. My script runs fine on my controlled ships, however, when it runs on [PLAYERSHIP] the script appears to be automatically terminated upon docking. Is this a normal built in behavior for the player ship command to be stopped automatically upon docking? If so, what is the established pattern for working around it?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 05:59

Is the script running on Task 0?

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 06:14

Yes it is.

Here is the script of the command that gets started from the global script map when my command is used on a ship:

Code: Select all

$none = array alloc: size=0
[THIS]-> set command: [COMMAND_SHOPPING_ASSISTANT]
= wait 3000 ms
$result = [THIS]-> call script 'plugin.zanzal.shopping.command' : needed.list=$shopping.list wanted.list=$none wanted.max.stops=3

if $result == [FALSE]
display subtitle text: text='Shopping Failed.' duration=10000 ms
else
display subtitle text: text='Shopping Successful.' duration=10000 ms
end
One would expect that the subtitle is displayed unless the player takes control of the ship cancelling the autopilot. Unfortunately, the subtitle is not displayed on docking either. The property screen shows that no command is running the moment the ship docks and no subtitle gets displayed.. So docking is cancelling the autopilot as best I can tell, but then what is the pattern to get around this? Run the task on something other than task 0? But then how does the player regain control of the ship.. I assume there must be a pattern to work around this problem but what it is I do not yet know.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 08:16

zanzal wrote:So docking is cancelling the autopilot
Yes.

what is the pattern to get around this? Run the task on something other than task 0?
Yes.

But then how does the player regain control of the ship..
A menu choice or hotkey could do it. Or wait until the command completes.

But what are you trying to do? It is unusual to try to run an autopilot command on the playership, because almost anything that the player does will cancel the task (such as docking, for example). Also, wouldn't it be strange for the player to lose control of his/her ship?

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Fri, 31. Jan 14, 00:42

Thanks Dr. B for confirming the issue is standard behavior. Yes, running on task 0 is great for ensuring that the player can't lose control, but if it cancels on docking then it is not ideal behavior for a script that requires the ship to make a purchase at the station it is docking at. I guess I'll have to find a work around for it.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 31. Jan 14, 00:52

Run your script on Task $PageID.

Or do not allow the script to run on the playership. The majority of autopilot scripts exit immediately if [THIS] == [PLAYERSHIP].

Texhnolyzed
x3tc

Post by Texhnolyzed » Sun, 16. Feb 14, 23:22

Is there a mod that works with the latest version of AP, that allows you to dock a TS at TL ships?

Post by Guest » Sun, 16. Feb 14, 23:39

Texhnolyzed wrote:... a mod ... to dock a TS at TL ships?
... XRM aka X3RebalanceMod ^^ (the best mod i´ve ever played)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 00:05

"Improved Capital Ship hangers", part of Catta Fett's DOGS Vanilla safe mod collection adds a pair of larger docks to capital ships, as you ask. I think it was updated for AP 3.x. You can test it easily enough: You should be able to find Pteranodons for sale at some of the Boron shipyards (both with and without the mod).

• (Re: XRM: It has good points and bad points... it is not for everyone.)

Post by Guest » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 00:15

DrBullwinkle wrote:
  • (Re: XRM: It has good points and bad points... it is not for everyone.)
... that´s the reason Y I´m playing Xtended now (I´m into playing new plots) ;)

Texhnolyzed
x3tc

Post by Texhnolyzed » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 14:10

I'm already using XRM . Now the question would be if it actually works with that mod.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 14:14

XRM + "Improved Capital Ship Hangars" are going to conflict. XRM changes both TShips and scenes (as does ICSH).

I thought that XRM already allows you to dock a TS or TP to most TL's?

Texhnolyzed
x3tc

Post by Texhnolyzed » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 22:52

I tried it with the Orca, but it didn't allow me to dock a TS.

Post by Guest » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 13:48

Texhnolyzed wrote:I tried it with the Orca, but it didn't allow me to dock a TS.
... albatross does (in XRM)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 14:12

Texhnolyzed wrote:I tried it with the Orca, but it didn't allow me to dock a TS.
For some (all?) larger XRM ships, there are limits on the number of non-fighters that can be docked regardless of the max hanger size.

Do you have any other potentially conflicting ships already docked at the Orca by any chance?
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Sat, 22. Feb 14, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 19. Feb 14, 10:08

Hello all,

Anyone know of a mod/script that rotates the gate model, plus it's wall file for pathing if needed, by 90 degrees?

Systems tend to be relatively planar so turning right or left after jumping is common, which can lead to player capital ships bumping into one of the four gate nodules if they try to turn 45 degrees while moving forward after jumping. Not an uncommon angle as most stations will be within the forward 90 degrees and hostiles often attack trade lanes between gates.

Since X lore people can drag around gates and stations, it would make sense to me that they'd rotate gates or sectors to put the four gate nodules above and below the sector plane. And similarly that someone might have tried that here :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”