Does your trading rank increase when using sector/universe trader?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Matthew94
xr

Does your trading rank increase when using sector/universe trader?

Post by Matthew94 » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 00:49

I'm just wondering as I don't want my cash to increase but still be limited in the things that I can buy.

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 01:06

LOL wut?

Sector & Universe Traders exist to generate money, & it is only when they do so (Buy Low, Sell High, the difference is income) that they contribute your Trade Rank.

However Trade Rank doesn't, AFAIK, influence what you can buy from whom, but rather how much you get offerred for Mission where the reward amount is influenced by your Trade Rank vs your Combat Rank (it presumably also influences just what the missions themselves are).

What the Races & factions will sell to you is determined by your "Race Rep" with them, & that is also influenced by your Mk3 Traders trading with them (the more they trade with a race, the greater the positive effect on your rep with them, unless they get caught carrying illegal wares).

If the above doesn't contain an answer to your question, that's because I wasn't actually able to parse your post into coherence.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 01:41

Thanks for the friendly response /s You could have just asked me to rephrase my question instead of being an asshole.

I got mixed up with trading rank and race relations. I wasn't sure if they increased as you were not the one physically doing the trading because in other games I've played automating certain things actually had negative effects.

You did answer my question, thanks.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 16:50

JAFA_NZ wrote:However Trade Rank doesn't, AFAIK, influence what you can buy from whom, but rather how much you get offerred for Mission where the reward amount is influenced by your Trade Rank vs your Combat Rank (it presumably also influences just what the missions themselves are).
I /think/ it also affects prices at shipyards/EQDs; it certainly used to in X3:R
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 17:01

No it doesn't :) the only thing it effects is trade mission payout

ObadiahtheSlim
x3tc

Post by ObadiahtheSlim » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 19:11

Snafu_X3 wrote:
JAFA_NZ wrote:However Trade Rank doesn't, AFAIK, influence what you can buy from whom, but rather how much you get offerred for Mission where the reward amount is influenced by your Trade Rank vs your Combat Rank (it presumably also influences just what the missions themselves are).
I /think/ it also affects prices at shipyards/EQDs; it certainly used to in X3:R
Race Rank determines the shipyard/EQ dock prices. I'm pretty sure that equiping cost of my Vultures was cheaper once the Teladi liked me a bit more.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 21:58

ObadiahtheSlim wrote:
Snafu_X3 wrote:
Race Rank determines the shipyard/EQ dock prices. I'm pretty sure that equiping cost of my Vultures was cheaper once the Teladi liked me a bit more.
Prices are fixed at average price at Equipment docks and trading stations. Race rank only effects mission payouts and what you can buy at stations, EDs/SYs etc.

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 01:00

Race Rep does affect how much you get paid for ship hulls when selling to Shipyards.

As does the race of the Shipyard in relation to the SHip (best is same race).

I did read once that different shipyards may pay different amounts for identical ships, but my testing of this theory was flawed on a number of fronts, & so I have to consider this one theoretical (& I don't really worry about it, as it appears it's likely to be within a single digit percentage of delta if there is any truth to it).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”