Raising combat rank as fast as possible

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

XanII
x4

Raising combat rank as fast as possible

Post by XanII » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 11:47

I am stuck at battlemaster combat rank and would liketo proceed to next level as quick as possible with zero casualties. It takes ages though. managed to raise my level from 22% to 33% in 3 different sessions lately but that is soooo sloooow.

What more can i do to raise my rank quickly?

I do theese now:

- i use a couple of M2 and M7 ships to wreck enemies as fast as possible. i.e. i take a M2 and jump in quickly and clean up khaak sectors hitting targets of worth like khaak stations, M1/M2 ships and M6 if in range. I ignore smaller craft. I avoid hunting targets.
- I do the same in Xenon sectors staying close to gates. entering a xenon sector and venturing to the middle parts seems to be the riskiest. Q spawning behind one can ruin your day if you are checking your other ships and dont immediately notice how a Q is tearing your Ray or Osaka a new one.
- If i see a huge group of Pirate fighters swarming w/M1 or M2 in tow then i jump in and take it out in the pirate sectors.

Does killing a J with 20 fighters inside it count so that you get points for the docked fighters too? or just the J?

What more can i do to raise the rank quickly?
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 11:55

You only get fight rank for killing things yourself. So don't take wingmen

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 12:22

Indeedy, I only use ai controlled ships to kill stuff so my rank doesn't increase too much this time in my 3rd playthrough.

Anyway just jump in an m2 and park it in a xenon or kha'ak sector and watch the explosions. I think that's the quickest way to gain fight rank as they respawn constantly in those sectors. Maybe bring 30-40 laser towers and dump them all at a gate to keep it clear until you return. Just fly into them to scoop them up again.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 13:24

The fastest way. Acquire a Skirnir and build a shadow missile complex. Jump to any sector and clean it up of everything in just one minute. Jump o the next sector, rinse and repeat.

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 15:05

XanII,

A long time ago, while browsing some Russian sites, i found this table, which shows the increase in your combat rank when you destroy various objects:

Code: Select all

object     gain        bounty
---------- ----------- -----------
astronaut  0           0
station    100 - 1099  0
TL         50 - 249    0
TS         2 - 3       500
M0         0           0
M1         100 - 1099  10000
M2         50 - 549    10000
M3         30 - 129    5000
M4         15 - 39     1000
M5         2 - 3       500
TL_P       0           0
TS_P       5 - 12      500
GO         0           0
M6         50 - 249    5000
TP         2 - 3       0
lasertower 5 - 14      0
M7         50 - 399    10000
It's for X3R and was compiled by someone, who calls himself ULIX. Perhaps the values were changed in TC, but i seriously doubt it. At least the bounties earned with a police license are still the same.
Your ship Your Python was destroyed in sector Split Fire by Spacefly.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 15:11

^ Interesting read. thanks for that.

I have forgotten about the long range missiles. i have 3x M8 filled to the hilt with missiles. I could use that one too for quick sweeps.

I fly solo all the time. no wingmen.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

ash_kcs
x3tc

Post by ash_kcs » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 16:15

Yeah M8s are cool but they're only good for anti-cap ship roles, what ol' vbruzual was talking about is the M7Ms with their anti-fighter and anti-capital ship missles and torpedoes, he mentions the Terran version, I have no experience with this but the commonwealth ships work just a good.

Get your a good OTAS aquilo or Split Cobra, or that thing that he said, with flail barrage missles and hammer heavy torpedoes, or that thing he said, and jump into the xenon sector and just start firing off missles, these beauties track down any hostiles and beat it to death with big sticks! And when their primary target is lost, they move on to the next one. Like he said: useful for clearing sectors in minutes!
"He said you drink when you're lonely, no I drink when I want, he said you'll never be sober, sure why would I want that? I only drink to be merry, but unfortunately, I'm in the wrong prison cell and the wrong company"

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 11:08

I believe a good sport would be to jump into an M8 and then jump in.

If someone opens fire on me right away then it's time to retreat but if there is enough space then i could jump the M7 Griffin with me to keep fighters away. Then fire away with the M8 until barrels melt.

Rinse and repeat for awhile.

The M7M tactic is good but requires sick amounts of resupplying. I do have 2xM7M loaded to the hilt but i keep theese for missions.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 11:44

Osaka with all SSCs in the OFF Kha'ak sectors....A few game days after OFF is finished. What you need is mass murder on something with no long term consequences. The bugs do just fine here.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 13:16

fastest way to X-Treme-

1. Kill all Xenon in Core-Sector's area.

2. Camp the north gate of Black Hole Sun, and kill all the reinforcements
travelling south to repopulate Xenon Core-Sector's area.

Took me 11.5 days.

Sehnsucht1985
x4

Post by Sehnsucht1985 » Thu, 24. Mar 11, 20:22

Kor'ah wrote:Osaka with all SSCs in the OFF Kha'ak sectors....A few game days after OFF is finished. What you need is mass murder on something with no long term consequences. The bugs do just fine here.
I can confirm this; it works well and as long as you use the Attack All command, it's pretty much risk free. Just monitor the initial wave - it might give you a beating. I'm running an Osaka with PSP's in front, 6 left and right and SSC in all others.

You may also do this in a Boreas; mine is equipped with all PPC in front / left / right and Flak in everything else that can take it.

Up to and including Crusader rank (at least for me) I could let it sit overnight and the rank wouldn't go down. But once you hit Battlemaster it can't keep up with the diminishing rank after being AFK one hour+.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 24. Mar 11, 20:47

stockpile shadows.
Get a skirnir.
Carve a path of destruction from emperor mines to heavens assertion, then start trolling the pirate sectors, then the 3 xenon core sectors, then back to the paranid.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Thu, 24. Mar 11, 21:27

TBV wrote:fastest way to X-Treme-

1. Kill all Xenon in Core-Sector's area.

2. Camp the north gate of Black Hole Sun, and kill all the reinforcements
travelling south to repopulate Xenon Core-Sector's area.

Took me 11.5 days.
At last, someone with the right idea, but you can do better.

Reinforcements for Xenon sectors leave from the nearest shipyard, so if you kill all but one shipyard, you can coral all the Xenon cap-ships. I'd leave the shipyard in Core023 then clear all the other Xenon sectors. Whilst doing that, I had Osaka and Boreas protecting the gates in Grand Exchange and Zyarth's Dominion to prevent any escapes (an occasional Q and some fighters were quick enough to get through). Then I'd just fly from Grand Exchange to Core023 killing everything that moved; clear the sector North of Core023, then jump back to the Grand Exchange gate and repeat.

You can't just sit in Core023 as the cap-ships won't leave the shipyard. If you really want some fun though, you can stack them all up then jump out and back in again; be prepared for a battle though!
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”