Question about Race Territories

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gazz117

Question about Race Territories

Post by Gazz117 » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 20:40

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/christophe ... CMapV2.jpg
(Image is too big to display here)

From the Picture i found above, each races territories seem strange to me...
i understand that the Boron Campaign caused the Boron to lost connection to some of it's colonies but what i don't get is how they colonised places past Paranid Territory; on the other side of the universe...

Argon control seems to be a line through the universe but how did the teladi manage to break through it? or the 8 sector that are pirate?

The Teladi territory is odd they are all over the place yet i don't recall them begin involved in a conflict which could of split them up like they are...
which also brings me to the split, their territories seems to be split up too more accurately put they are hounding the Boron because of their Relations with them.

i would like to also know where all races homeworlds are...
Argon Prime, Kingdom End and Paranid Prime are the only ones i know.

i thought that PTNI HQ might be the Teladi HW but i doubt it.

Also about the Khaar, how do you get to there sectors? and i would like to fight the Hive Ship which i have heard about, but i don't know where that is...

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 20:55

Most of the pirate sectors were former Xenon sectors which got "liberated" way back in the very first X game.

The "odd" pattern of the colonies is also due to the history of the X games. With every sequel there were new sectors added, and since monolithics "blobs" of systems would be a bit boring, the allegiance of the new sectors got scattered around. It's explained in-game by new gates being found and the fastest colonizer got the newest sector.

i would like to also know where all races homeworlds are...
Argon Prime, Kingdom End and Paranid Prime are the only ones i know.

Seizewell (Teladi), Family Pride (Split) and Earth (Terrans).

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 21:04

That is a complex story.
First, connected sectors are not necessarily close in space.
Then, the gate network was modified by the Ancients several times.
Finally, jumpdrives allow to bypass others territory.

In the X lore the homeworlds are :
Argon : Argon Prime (well, Earth could count)
Boron : Nishala (Kingdom End sector)
Teladi : Ianamus Zura (separated by a gate realign, thus Seizewell has become capital)
Split : Family Pride (rumors tell that Split were born elsewhere though, and forced to flee some hazardous event)
Paranid : Paranid Prime

The western pirates sectors were initially Xenon sectors, which have gone away after losing key batlles (mainly with the argon). The other pirates sectors are hostiles places left by the other races.
Right on commander !

Gazz117

Post by Gazz117 » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 21:17

Ah thanks, i am starting to understand it more now :)

but how do you get to the Khaar sectors?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 21:26

Khaak sectors are not connected by gates (they do not use that tech). You have to get their jump coordinates somehow.

In TC the Final Fury plot will give some of those to you. You may encounter khaak outposts bu using the unfocused jumpdrive as well.
Last edited by Geek on Sat, 19. Nov 11, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
Right on commander !

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat
x4

Post by CuriosityKillsTheMADCat » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 21:28

"but how do you get to the Khaar sectors?"

AFAIK, with the help of a plot mission!
Spoiler
Show
Final Fury (I`m not really sure about this)
MFG

CKTMC
Fähiger Pilot wie DU sein...
"When ships to sail the void between the stars have been invented, there will also be men who come forward to sail those ships."
Johannes Kepler, Somnium, 1634 A.D.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 00:02

CuriosityKillsThe MadCat is quite right, in TC the Khaak sectors are only opened up via that plot.

Lorewise, the Khaak are from a completely different universe (or possibly a cut off gate network) from the X-Universe, and were supposed to remain seperate from the network we know. The Ancients never intended such a hostile race to meet the inhabitants of the known universe. I think this also explains (in part) why the Khaak use gateless jumpdrives.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 09:19

As the X3R plot reveals, the Khaak were not hostile in the first place though. They were attacked by others races first (chiefly Paranids) in order to get nividium, their homeworld is allegedly destroyed.
Right on commander !

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 17:55

Geek wrote:They were attacked by others races first (chiefly Paranids) in order to get nividium, their homeworld is allegedly destroyed.
I don't think the Paranids had anything to do with the destruction of the Kha'ak homeworld. However, when they found a system full of Nividium-rich asteroids they naturally started mining them, and the Kha'ak living inside didn't take kindly to it!

Gazz117

Post by Gazz117 » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 18:13

Is it possible to stumble upon the Hive Queen outside Khaak sectors?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 18:17

I have never seen it myself, inside or outside khaak space.
Right on commander !

Gazz117

Post by Gazz117 » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 18:19

but is it defiantly in the game?
or was it removed like the Valhalla, except you can still script that it.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 19:07

pjknibbs wrote:
Geek wrote:They were attacked by others races first (chiefly Paranids) in order to get nividium, their homeworld is allegedly destroyed.
I don't think the Paranids had anything to do with the destruction of the Kha'ak homeworld. However, when they found a system full of Nividium-rich asteroids they naturally started mining them, and the Kha'ak living inside didn't take kindly to it!
I was of the impression that the Khaak homeworld had been destroyed following the test of a Paranid super weapon of some description (I could be wildly wrong on this of course), which used nividium as it's basic element, hence the Khaak hostility towards the Paranid and then the rest of the X universe.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 20. Nov 11, 00:07

Kirlack wrote: I was of the impression that the Khaak homeworld had been destroyed following the test of a Paranid super weapon of some description (I could be wildly wrong on this of course), which used nividium as it's basic element, hence the Khaak hostility towards the Paranid and then the rest of the X universe.
That certainly wasn't my understanding--do you know where you heard this?

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sun, 20. Nov 11, 01:48

pjknibbs wrote:
Kirlack wrote: I was of the impression that the Khaak homeworld had been destroyed following the test of a Paranid super weapon of some description (I could be wildly wrong on this of course), which used nividium as it's basic element, hence the Khaak hostility towards the Paranid and then the rest of the X universe.
That certainly wasn't my understanding--do you know where you heard this?
To be honest pjknibbs, it's been 6(?) years since i started absorbing information on the inhabitants of the X-universe, from the three games I've played (X2,3:R and TC), from suppositions here on the forums and a lot of different fan sites. It's entirely possible I read something along those lines on Argonopedia, or from an older thread right here. So, it could have been anywhere, and like I said, I could be wildly wrong.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”