New to the Game - question about Home of Light sector

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JG53_Jaguar
x3

New to the Game - question about Home of Light sector

Post by JG53_Jaguar » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 02:10

Hi,

At the beginning of the game I got a mission to go to Home of Light sector and talk to a person that is on Terracorp Headquarters. I can't seems to find Terracorp Headquarters ship/station in the Home of Light sector, why ? I just came out of the jump gate and I did the scan no traces of Terracorp Headquarters, what gives ?

Thanks for your help

etchasketch
x2

Post by etchasketch » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 02:12

you probably havent flown near it enough, or targeted it...

when you come out of the north gate, fly directly to the west gate... the station is in your sights...

etchasketch
x2

Post by etchasketch » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 02:16

just so you know, the sector view only shows ships that are within scanner range, but more importantly, stations are only shown if they have entered scanner range of one of your ships, or you have targeted them directly using the 'T' key. This is a sort-of 'fog of war' effect.

In which case, the west gate probably wont be on your sector map either, and you need to turn 45 degrees right from the north gate, and fly towards a blue swirly circle (gate), and target it before it appears on your sector map.

i'm sure all this is in the manual.

JG53_Jaguar
x3

Post by JG53_Jaguar » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 02:17

Thanks a lot! I guess that means that my ship scanner ain't worth much. Is it possible to buy better scanner so that I can detect all ships/stations once I jump into a sector so that I don't have to fly through it to get a better picture ?

Thanks again for a quick response, now back to the game :)

csel
x2

Post by csel » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 02:21

Duplex Scanner and Triplex Scanner

etchasketch
x2

Post by etchasketch » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 02:22

yes.

you have a standard scanner at the moment. In the sector view you can see a dark circle around your ship with other ships displayed as little icons. outside that circle, you cant see ships in sector view.

yo can get Duplex scanners, which double the radius of the standard scanner (that dark circle), and Triplex scanners, which triple said radius.

enjoy

csel
x2

Post by csel » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 02:22

To add to my msg above.....

Those scanners will only increase the range

With a Triplex Scanner going into the middle will basically allow you to see everything

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 02:42

Best thing to do is to buy a Satellite or Advanced Satellite if you got the dough...when you enter a sector drop it and pick it up again...repeat for every new sector...this will pick up every station in the sector so no need to fly all over the place....NOTE: Gates, Pirate bases and any other stations that are outside the Satellite scanner range will not show up till you get near enough to them.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

etchasketch
x2

Post by etchasketch » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 05:15

and you can buy sector maps from some station BBS's.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”