Pirate Rep

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jacob Valance
x3ap

Pirate Rep

Post by Jacob Valance » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 14:38

How do i increase rep with the pirates? And where do i go to do it the most efficiently? I am running Xrm if this changes anything.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 14:49

In TC i just went to pirate space (terran start - so they hated me), wait for a hack mission or 2 in nearby sectors, and then do all the quests i could. Rep comes quick with quests.
Then i went on a trip to all pirate space and said hi to them (freight scan) to turn all neutral who haven't heard the news that i joined their ranks..

thelastslaith

Post by thelastslaith » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 16:42

just go looking for some random pirate bases. after a bit of playing they mostly get killed and respawn in random sectors. Eventually this normally means pirate safe sectors liek the far flung unknown sectors. These should be friendly no matter your rep, do some missions and your rep should increase. Build missions are the best because they give you a big boost and give you another station to get missions from.

Killing other races in pirate sectors doesn't gain you any rep Btw
TLS

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 19:42

Missions build rep fast, but even when you have good standing with the pirates there will still be red pirates. Either you or your OOS defenses will inevitably end up shooting at these red pirates, which will have negative effects on your rep.

Once you get your rep built up so the majority of pirates turn blue I suggest setting up a maintenance system for it. Steadily selling space fuel and/or space weed to pirate bases will counter the negatives from red pirates and will make you a pile of credits.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 21:28

Pirate missions are good for reputation.
Try to avoid assassination missions against friendly races.
Trading goods can be best.
Station hacks can be available at selected locations.
I have to say, I am harder on Pirates than the Kh'aak....
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”