Mobile mining help!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

docarter26

Mobile mining help!

Post by docarter26 » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 21:42

Ship = Mercury
Mobile drilling system = eqp
Ore collecter = installed
mineral scanner = installed
Special command softerware Mk1 = installed
All other ship ext I could get at eqp dock is installed to but these items are what I was told I would need to mine.

I can not use the MDSystem even thou I install it , I do not have the option to fire it.
I do not have the option to collect ore in my specail command option just collect wars , Reprov wiing, equip wing, resupply wind is all I get.
I break a roid up with a missile and then I can target the smaller peaces, no option to collect to i break again and it disepears of screen, with still no option to collect ore.

How do I fire the mobile miner system ounce installed on my mercury ship?
How do I get the command to collector ore when I have the special command software MK1?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 22:06

With the ship extensions you say you have on your Mercury, in the Special section of your ship commands there should be 'Collect Rocks in Sector' and 'Mine Minerals'.

You have to install the MDS in the Mercury's rear turret and then get into the turret yourself (press F1) to be able to fire it yourself. Thus you will end up firing backwards from the ship so you need to face away the ship away from the rocks you want to hit. With the MDS installed you do not need to use a missile to break a full-size asteroid.

When the rock is small enough for you to collect it, that is when any further shooting will cause it to disappear rather than break into smaller pieces. So the ones that you shot at that disappeared were the ones that you should have run over with the ship to collect them.

docarter26

Post by docarter26 » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 22:15

so ounce I have the rock small enough I just run over it to pick it up like cargo?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 22:17

Yes.

docarter26

Post by docarter26 » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 22:24

Seems that when a ship is in a wing I lose the special command to collect ore and other commands.

I see what you are saying about turrent view I thought that was just a camara view lol. thanks for all the help time to try and mine some shit.

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Thu, 27. Jan 11, 20:11

I wouldn't mine some shit - it'll make the cargo bay smell real bad. Stick to ore and silicon.

You probably don't have the 'mine and 'trade minerals' command (under trade) because you haven't set the mining laser as the ship's gun. Once you do that, you can set it and forget it. Mining is boring and best left to the ship's autopilot while you go travelling the sectors.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 27. Jan 11, 21:12

No the laser wasn't the missing orders issue. As the OP said, when the ship is put in a wing, then you don't get those commands in the wing orders (especially apt if every ship in that wing is not fitted out or suitable to mine or collect). Wing orders are not the same as individual ship orders.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”