X3TC Matter/Anti-Matter Warheads

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Reaperc89
xr

X3TC Matter/Anti-Matter Warheads

Post by Reaperc89 » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 01:22

Hello everyone. So I just purchased myself a Katana and a loadout of Matter/Anti-Matter launchers, but I've come to the conclusion that no one seems to have a stock of the warheads. All indicated patrol/defense outposts are out of stock, and the actual warhead manufacturing factories dont even exist in the sectors that all the maps I've looked at point to.

Any info on what is up with my situation?

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 01:36

The fabs were probably removed by GoD. Unfortunately, AFAIK you can't build your own. Maybe there is one in Aldrin left if you have unlocked that sector.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Reaperc89
xr

Post by Reaperc89 » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 02:29

Who are GoD? Also, why would none of the outposts have any warheads in stock, even though it claims they should carry them?

I'm wondering if you have to progress to a certain point in the terran story before they become available?

Khift

Post by Khift » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 02:46

Reaperc89 wrote:Who are GoD? Also, why would none of the outposts have any warheads in stock, even though it claims they should carry them?

I'm wondering if you have to progress to a certain point in the terran story before they become available?
GoD is the economy engine. I don't know what it actually stands for, but one thing it does is if an NPC factory sits idle for too long then GoD removes it. Unfortunately because the Terran economy is so poorly balanced almost all Terran tech factories get removed; in your case, GoD has removed all of the MAM warhead factories.

You have four options:

1. Fly a different ship. Sucks, but it's the easiest option.
2. Check out Aldrin. I find they're often overfull on Terran ammo and the lower end missiles. Won't help out with weapons, though. If you don't know what Aldrin is, keep doing the Terran plot. You'll find it.
3. Station 50+ local traders in Terran space and pray they help the economy recover (GoD will respawn factories in areas that have had consistently good economy).
4. Install one of several mods that let you buy Terran factories and buy a MAM warhead fact for yourself.

Something to note: GoD cannot remove a station if you personally have a ship docked in it. Therefore, if you want to stop important stations from being ate by GoD buy a ton of M5s and dock them at any at-risk station you want to keep. In my game I have an M5 at every single Aldrin station and any remaining Terran tech station. Doesn't help you get any stations back, but it'll stop further hemorrhaging.

Reaperc89
xr

Post by Reaperc89 » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 02:53

Good to know, thanks for the info. Looks like I am flying a centaur till I can afford a skiron or a heavy centaur or something.

Fly safe

Neeros
x3tc

Post by Neeros » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 03:19

Really sounds like someone needs to mod god, as it seems a bit broken.

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 03:21

I thought from patch 2.0 terran factories wouldnt be removed anymore. Hmm

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 03:22

Neeros wrote:Really sounds like someone needs to mod god, as it seems a bit broken.
Actually, GoD works pretty much exactly as He was designed. The Terran economy is broken so the player can fix it, or so they tell me.
Last edited by Shootist on Sun, 2. Jan 11, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.

Reaperc89
xr

Post by Reaperc89 » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 03:22

I purchased the game through steam, so it is up to date by default as far as I know.

Slightly off topic, but this sucks as the centaur costs a heck of a lot more than the katana did. Boo.

Seleucius
x3tc

Post by Seleucius » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 03:50

Khift wrote:4. Install one of several mods that let you buy Terran factories and buy a MAM warhead fact for yourself.
Am I missing something, or is that totally unnecessary? Don't want to throw out any spoiler tags, but I'm fairly positive you won't need a mod or anything to build your own. Anyone verify?

Khift

Post by Khift » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 04:09

Shootist wrote:
Neeros wrote:Really sounds like someone needs to mod god, as it seems a bit broken.
Actually, GoD works pretty much exactly as He was designed. The Terran economy is broken so the player can fix it, or so they tell me.
I would buy that if you could purchase and place Protein Paste & Carbo-Cake factories. But, since you can't, even with an infinite amount of traders in Terran space and perfect goods distribution there is still an upper limit to how many factories can be sustained and that limit is still significantly lower than the starting array of factories.

Simply put, the Terran economy works like this:

(E-Cells) -> Protein Paste
(E-Cells) -> Water
Protein Paste + Water -> Terran MRE -> feeds Terran weapon factories (EMPC, MAML, MAM Warhead & SSC forges - presumably PSP as well but I have no forges left to check)

(E-Cells) -> Carbo Cake
Carbo-Cake + Protein Paste -> C-Ration (+ Water) -> feeds other Terran tech factories (Poltergeist, Spectre, Wraith, Phantom, Ghoul, EMP Rifle & MAM Mine factories - presumably Shadow as well, but I have no factories left to check)

The vanilla Terran economy can only get it's Protein Paste and Carbo Cake from USC Orbital Logistics Docks -- and those replenish them in very small numbers. As a result, there is not enough Protein Paste and Carbo Cake to produce sufficient MRE and C-Ration to maintain all of the factories in Terran space.

The lack of NPC bulk traders is another factor that significantly accelerates the downfall of the Terran economy, but even with additional traders provided by the player you can only recover up to the maximum limit defined by the supply of Protein Paste & Carbo Cake.

Terry Duncan1
x3tc

Post by Terry Duncan1 » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 04:12

Never seen a MAM Warhead factory for sale, you can buy a factory for the weapons but not the ammo, making it slightly useless is nowhere is making the ammo. Cant quite remember, but there is one of the bigger Terran missiles that there is no factory for either.

Rather sucks if you play the game the first time and dont know to flood Terran space with traders or turn it into a giant parking lot!

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 04:23

I understand the rather simplistic economic model, thanks. :teladi:

The Terran economy can be stimulated. It will build what you need. At least it does for me. Though I have run into difficulties with Hall Plating facilities being reconstituted.

Khift

Post by Khift » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 04:31

Shootist wrote:I understand the rather simplistic economic model, thanks. :teladi:

The Terran economy can be stimulated. It will build what you need. At least it does for me. Though I have run into difficulties with Hall Plating facilities being reconstituted.
Are you saying GoD can cause factories that weren't originally extant to appear? This isn't my understanding of how it works (although admittedly I haven't tested it). From what I understand, GoD can only recreate a factory that has despawned or been destroyed. If that's the case, given that there are no Protein Paste or Carbo Cake factories in Terran space to start out with, there never will be, and the above all stands.

bodrum
x4

Post by bodrum » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 04:49

From what I understand, GoD can only recreate a factory that has despawned or been destroyed..
That is how it works - a master list of terran stations can be seen here (kudos to em3e3 for creating it):
http://www.altanetworks.com/x3/tc_stati ... se&race=18

if you stimulate the terran economy back up to the maximum this is the ultimate target, to get the whole lot to respawn
Spoiler
Show
Its important to note that you CAN buy protein paste, MRE and carbo cake fabs once you've completed the aldrin expansion plot, but theres no fab for creating C_Rations (Food Preperation Facility) so saving those with parked rapiers is the most important thing to do early in the game if you want to save the terran economy

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 04:55

I'm not sure if GoD will build entirely new fabs, but it can definately build any map factory - not all of which are present at the start of the game (although I don't know if there are any unbuillt Terran fabs).

Also, Terran sectors get planetary supply. Not that I can remember any of the details...

bodrum
x4

Post by bodrum » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 05:04

I'm not sure if GoD will build entirely new fabs, but it can definately build any map factory - not all of which are built at the start of the game (although I don't know if there are any unbuillt Terran fabs).
Ive never managed to get any terran station not on that list to spawn, although Ive never got them all back, maybe God starts creating new stations once they are?
Also, Terran sectors get planetary supply. Not that I can remember any of the details..
USC Orbital Supply Bases and USC Orbital Support Stations spawn small quantities of lots of stuff, and they wont get removed by GoD but dont produce anywhere near enough food products on their own for all terran stations

Seleucius
x3tc

Post by Seleucius » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 05:12

Seleucius wrote:
Khift wrote:4. Install one of several mods that let you buy Terran factories and buy a MAM warhead fact for yourself.
Am I missing something, or is that totally unnecessary? Don't want to throw out any spoiler tags, but I'm fairly positive you won't need a mod or anything to build your own. Anyone verify?
Okay. Seriously. Proof and everything that this is a non-issue. I've been making my own ammo and missiles, along with weapons, for some time now, take my word. I'm not crazy.

@bodrum: Try the 'USC Food Supply Factory.' Player-built stations are sometimes different.

bodrum
x4

Post by bodrum » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 05:50

USC Food Supply Factories just use protein paste and energy to make MREs - I know, Ive got a bunch of them (complexed along with protein paste blending facilities and carbo cake factories).
Its the Food Preparation facilities that make C Rations, and unfortunately you cant buy them at the Terran shipyard

Carl99
x3tc

Post by Carl99 » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 11:43

Except thats got several issues:

1. From a fluff PoV this econemy has been running in total isolation perfectly for the last several centuries. Even if it's not upto a war of attrrition, t's capable fo handling quiet times like these without an issue. It should not be collapsing without player interferance to the degree it does.

2. You ca;t control what GoD will respawn. As i understand it, it's perfectly possibble for GoD to spawn only PSP forges to replace all the missing weapons forges. And several station types will virtually never respawn. Eithier because they're not on the list or because nothing consumes their output.

Lastly:

I'm aware the the issue with SSC's is down to the formulae used for factories. But i had trouble understanding it when i saw it in a previous thread. Anyone care to give me a detailed SSC centric lead through?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”