EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[TC] FROM NOTHING, A Rogue's Tale - Book I [COMPLETED]
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115, 116  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Falkirion

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 01:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Man I lurk for a while and miss out on writing. Ah well. SD do we have a confirmed survivors list or are we waiting to see who lived and who died? Actually just drop me a PM if my characters are gone. Or do we have creative license to ensure their survival?

Darshu

Location: Sandy beach in Florida with a little umbrella in my girlie drink...
PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 01:52    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I may not be the best to comment on how the story should progress from square one, but I would suggest a couple of things:

1. As part of the massive military assault on Drakhar's forces, the Terrans must have secured passage rights to move that much hardware into Commonwealth space (or not, as part of the AP plot). In which case, one or more of the CW races could have hacked into the accounts and siphoned away funds, identities, etc. Economic warfare goes hand in hand with military action, so it isn't a far cry to say that almost all assets were seized and/or frozen.

2. As loyal as Drakhar's friends are, you have to remember what happens when pirates get smashed. The survivors scatter and go to ground for a while evading authorities and "cleanup" efforts to sweep them aside. Part of the "revenge" arc for Drakhar could be finding his old comrades, perhaps discovering "moles" within his organization, finding out who is truly loyal, etc. Important ships and personnel, such as Legion and Ps'y can be re-acquired through boarding or purchasing, with the rationale that Drake is getting the ships out of hock. The Endless for example could have been sold at government auction, with Legion laying dormant and hidden inside the ship, with Drake tracking down the registry and buying/stealing it back.

3. Ships are an easier thing to deal with. I would say that Drakhar was rescued by one of his TMs, that maybe has a Solano and/or Tenjin in the hangars, that had evaded destruction/capture and was sifting through debris fields looking for escape pods. Over time in the story and through gameplay, the larger named ships can be "re-acquired" either through spawning them in to fit the story, or earned back via boarding/buying. So he can start out with a jumpdrive equipped TM, and a couple of fighters.

4. As part of the revenge arc, perhaps Drake can assume a fake identity, to make it easier to track down his various enemies. Rather than building up a vast new empire of destruction only to become a target again, run a leaner, less bloated operation using guerilla tactics to strike down enemies. Smaller and more streamlined factories, smaller defense forces, and only a few capitals hidden in deep space as a fast attack force to hit enemy strongholds once they're discovered.

So yeah, just a few ideas, take em or leave em! Very Happy

Triaxx2

PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 02:42    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nuts to that. The whole point of piratical type revenge is to go hilariously over the top so you can grind them to dust beneath the heel of your mighty armada.

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Darshu

Location: Sandy beach in Florida with a little umbrella in my girlie drink...
PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 03:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'm all for "hilariously over the top" but that can be achieved with one M7M in TC lol.

I just meant that rather than basically copy/pasting the previous story which was pretty over the top (one or more million credit paychecks to tens of personnel per day!) already, Drakhar could learn from the mistakes and experiences of the past and apply them to finally exact revenge/justice.

Or skip it all, realize the futility of vengeance and become a Goner priest!

Tohron

PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 04:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If you want to quickly make 300 million credits ingame, exploiting the Nividium stock market should do the trick. The basic ideas have been posted several times in the forums, though I can give a link to a detailed description if needed.

Of course, since you seem willing to go modified, I suppose you could just use the cheat package.

Triaxx2

PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 04:51    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yeah, but in TC, a Skirnir launching '0' barrages of Shadows is the single most hilariously over powered thing in the universe. Because of two technical errors. To whit, the swarm nature of the Shadow, which was an accident, and the fact that ordering 0 barrages is an infinite no use launch sequence.

Sadly it's not possible, because he's moved to AP due to save issues.

I'm not interested in cheating it in, mostly because I'm playing the game fair, but I've considered Nividium Mining. And decided it's too slow.

I'm going to go with boarding ships instead.

Tohron

PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 05:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Triaxx2 wrote:
I've considered Nividium Mining. And decided it's too slow.

The nividium stock exploit is anything but slow - if anything, the problem is that it makes obtaining billions of credits trivially easy. A Mammoth full of Nividium will make 450 million credits a round, though since the gain scales linearly with the amount of Nividium you have, it's still very viable with smaller quantities.

Here's a link to a thread where I explain what to do once the nividium is mined: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3833516

Of course, given how ridiculous this is now, some sort of metagame constraint on its use would make sense. Wink

Triaxx2

PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Oh, stock exchange. Means AP. I don't have an interest in AP.

Scion Drakhar

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Location: Milky Way galaxy. Sol system. Earth. Most of the time anyway.
PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I just had an odd picture in my mind. I see Drake in a suit and tie wearing Clark Kent glasses and reading the wall street journal over a cup of coffee.

O.o

Olterin

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Scion Drakhar wrote:
I just had an odd picture in my mind. I see Drake in a suit and tie wearing Clark Kent glasses and reading the wall street journal over a cup of coffee.

O.o

... In the trading station in orbit of Argon Prime. For some reason, I find it funny Laughing

As for how to transition to AP ... well, hmm. The TM with a Tenjin sounds like a reasonable enough asset list to survive the purge that would inevitably follow the dismantling of Drake's industrial basis.

My own question here would be, what happens to everyone in the interim, since AP is set I think several years after TC lorewise? I can just about picture Malcolm pulling a "Serenity" after Avarice (similar situations and all that), and I just might turn that into a shortish story if I have the time...

"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme
Triaxx2

PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Not to mention a similarity of nomenclature...

Olterin

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Triaxx2 wrote:
Not to mention a similarity of nomenclature...

... I assure you, at the time of writing said character I had no idea about Firefly Embarassed

"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme
Kirlack

MEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Scion Drakhar wrote:

O.o

No. Just no. That is so wrong.... Razz

Olterin wrote:
... I assure you, at the time of writing said character I had no idea about Firefly Embarassed

Really? I know Malcolm was suggested really early in the thread but I thought we were all Firefly fans? Razz I trust you have now made the effort to watch the series? Rolling Eyes Anyway, it doesn't matter one iota in the long run, does it? Very Happy

Triaxx2

PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If not, you should do it. It's pretty cool.

Tohron

PostPosted: Tue, 27. Mar 12, 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I suppose if you're looking for a Firefly-type ship, you'd be looking at a Zephyrus, Boa, or Chokaro - they all have good speed, and can dock over 2 smaller ships. To me, it seems like the Chokaro would fit the bill best, with its higher cargo space, and 3 docks is closer to 2 than 4.

Then again, I suppose a Hyperion would be even closer in those two categories - it's just way more heavily armed than the Serenity ever was.

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115, 116  Next