X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tresstarling
x3ap

Post by tresstarling » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 14:24

hi i have downloaded and installed this but can't seem to make it working.
i can't see the option for xtc on launcher and can only start the vanilla version :cry: .

i can't for the love of god figured WHY.
i have clean install with no mod ever installed, not even bonus pack (the same clean install i used for litcube universe mod) but just my old save game (of course i have played the vanilla u know).

so far i have download the mod (xtc 2.0).
installed it on my clean install x3tc folder.
installed patch 2.2.
AND the untested x3ap too (for science)

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 10. Jun 15, 14:26

@blackmilan: yes, this type of mission does not exist in XTC. As the Devs explained once (iirc) it's because this feature would 'collide' with the new types of fabs in XTC (weapons, missiles e.g.) and the Expansion.

@tresstarling: must be an issue with your installation. Are you sure that you installed XTC into the same directory as the x3.exe ?

tresstarling
x3ap

Post by tresstarling » Wed, 10. Jun 15, 19:06

zazie wrote:@blackmilan: yes, this type of mission does not exist in XTC. As the Devs explained once (iirc) it's because this feature would 'collide' with the new types of fabs in XTC (weapons, missiles e.g.) and the Expansion.

@tresstarling: must be an issue with your installation. Are you sure that you installed XTC into the same directory as the x3.exe ?
it's ok, this morning i found out the x3tc.exe running my old vanilla game in steam directory. i have fixed it.
care to recommend me some challenging game start. i'm a bit interested with the xenon

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Thu, 16. Jul 15, 03:37

the split start (with the M5) is challenging, if you are combat oriented.
You can start right away with fighting (very carefully though...), unlike other starts where you have to (boringly) trade for a combat ship/weapons.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Tue, 21. Jul 15, 22:05

hello all its been a while since i was able to remember my account details, that and having too much fun in xtended , which brings me to my next question,

is it possible for one of the dev team to draft up a all plots complete/skip mod/script for Xtended? , my reasons for this , some of the plots like to just hang no matter what i do , namely the boron/atf one and that crazy paranid one yet i enjoy my install has green lettering and i only have a couple of listed compatible scripts installed [via extract , copy paste,]

question 2 could i install tc rock maker script [which allows player to make asteroids with yeilds of their choosing] without breaking or borking anything if i install it in the same way as mentioned above,

sorry for being a PITA

many kind regards
You've got the flying skills of a large asteroid

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 15:56

Is there any difference between the x3_universe files between the X3TC and X3AP versions of Xtended? If there isn't, I'd like to replace the AP with the TC one.

I'm asking because the X3AP version inexplicably has the Argon Prime theme, 8100, playing in every single sector in the mod. :roll:

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 16:19

Saber15 wrote:Is there any difference between the x3_universe files between the X3TC and X3AP versions of Xtended? If there isn't, I'd like to replace the AP with the TC one.

I'm asking because the X3AP version inexplicably has the Argon Prime theme, 8100, playing in every single sector in the mod. :roll:
There are differences and there is also a fix available for the issue you're describing. It's somewhere on the X-Tended forums on TXU but I honestly don't remember where anymore.

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Sun, 26. Jul 15, 00:28

enenra wrote: There are differences and there is also a fix available for the issue you're describing. It's somewhere on the X-Tended forums on TXU but I honestly don't remember where anymore.
I found the file but I can't download it because it's an attachment and can't register because all it asks for is to verify my email before booting me back to the forum main page. :?

http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/239 ... post222509

adb0899
x3ap

Salvage Claim Software

Post by adb0899 » Sun, 26. Jul 15, 12:58

Salvage Claim Software is suppose to be in pirate bases? i can't find a pirate base that has the Salvage Claim Software, is it a specific pirate base? i'm in the argon space btw

i don't feel like taking the time to increase my rep with the teladi.

i've tried at a skull pirate base of in the corner of New Horizon, couldn't find one there.

Dazzard
x4

Re: Salvage Claim Software

Post by Dazzard » Sun, 26. Jul 15, 19:06

adb0899 wrote:Salvage Claim Software is suppose to be in pirate bases? i can't find a pirate base that has the Salvage Claim Software, is it a specific pirate base? i'm in the argon space btw

i've tried at a skull pirate base of in the corner of New Horizon, couldn't find one there.
Pirate bases spawn randomly. They also have random equipment in so just keep looking ;)

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Sun, 26. Jul 15, 21:55

zazie wrote:
Zhaphadon wrote: ... producing a lot of weapons with the faunus is kind of annoying...
By the way are nova cannons also to "big" for the faunus' cargo?

And last but not least... is there a way to skript a better boarding chance?
zhap
Boarding Chance For Xenon ships: If there is such a Mod I don't know it. But it is advisable to attack Xenon Bigships first with x+1 Marines that are NOT fully trained (Cannon Fodder) and to send your top-notch Marines in a second wave. again: Send x+1 Marines, because your losses with only x Marines will be much higher. Of course you must master the timings.
oooor you can fiddle with the Boarding modifiers in XTC's difficulty settings menu.

because that's totally a thing you can do.

I know I generally at the very least mess with the bail settings so pilots are more likely to value their skin over their ship, particularly Freighters.

but then, I'm an incorrigible brigand that makes off with dozens of the things a day and broadcasts 'A Pirate's life for me' and 'you are a Pirate' over the open comms a lot, so maybe that's just me.

(basically, XTC comes with an extensive and well-developed menu set for tweaking difficulty- at no point have I ever felt the need to get anything else to tweak any individual gameplay aspect, between the Difficulty menu and the AL menu.)
A tinker
And maker of models

adb0899
x3ap

Post by adb0899 » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 00:35

Dazzard wrote:
adb0899 wrote:Salvage Claim Software is suppose to be in pirate bases? i can't find a pirate base that has the Salvage Claim Software, is it a specific pirate base? i'm in the argon space btw

Pirate bases spawn randomly. They also have random equipment in so just keep looking ;)
do they spawn random, and disappear randomly? cause one did, and i dont know if it just got wiped out.

plus, is it found to be common for most pirate bases to not carry it? or a specific type of pirate? cause i visited a shark and skull base and neither have it.

Dazzard
x4

Post by Dazzard » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 00:51

adb0899 wrote:
Dazzard wrote:

do they spawn random, and disappear randomly? cause one did, and i dont know if it just got wiped out.

plus, is it found to be common for most pirate bases to not carry it? or a specific type of pirate? cause i visited a shark and skull base and neither have it.
I think they only "disappear" when destroyed. Though I don't think the base being with the skulls, sharks, bonehead, templar, axis or salamanders affect whether they have the SCS. TBH, I just buy it from the Teladi after doing some trade with them.

If you see several ships that have bailed in a sector or see a few pirate patrols, there is likely a pirate base in that sector. Watch the map for traders that seem to go outside the area where the stations are, it will be trading with that base. Or you may see the pirates coming from a base so you can use this to get a better idea where to look. Also, M5 class ships have a command (forget what it is called >.< ) that will reveal stations a little outside of scanner range, it is under the special section of the command menu. Use this to help you find those out-of-the-way hidden bases :)

adb0899
x3ap

Post by adb0899 » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 00:58

Dazzard wrote:
adb0899 wrote:
Dazzard wrote:

I think they only "disappear" when destroyed. Though I don't think the base being with the skulls, sharks, bonehead, templar, axis or salamanders affect whether they have the SCS. TBH, I just buy it from the Teladi after doing some trade with them.

If you see several ships that have bailed in a sector or see a few pirate patrols, there is likely a pirate base in that sector. Watch the map for traders that seem to go outside the area where the stations are, it will be trading with that base. Or you may see the pirates coming from a base so you can use this to get a better idea where to look. Also, M5 class ships have a command (forget what it is called >.< ) that will reveal stations a little outside of scanner range, it is under the special section of the command menu. Use this to help you find those out-of-the-way hidden bases :)
thanks, that makes sense.

soooo, it's not "pirate race" specific? all race pirate stations have a chance to sell the Salvage clam software?

Eversmile
xr

Post by Eversmile » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 21:35

My AL settings option in the settings menu is greyed out. Is that normal? How do I make it clickable? I haven't played in a very, very long time!

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 05:21

Eversmile wrote:My AL settings option in the settings menu is greyed out. Is that normal? How do I make it clickable? I haven't played in a very, very long time!
try saving and reloading- if this is in a brand-new game, the AL menu doesn't actually activate until you load the game. I assume there's an engine limitation responsible. otherwise, no clue.
A tinker
And maker of models

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Wed, 5. Aug 15, 02:44

hello again , i do not know if this is known or even fixable

i have noticed Khaak Kyon emitters along with pulsed beam emitters really seem to smash the framerates even on my beefy little laptop

could anyone either link a "fixed" version or tell me how to fix it since im ok with T file Editor.... :P

many thanks in advance

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 5. Aug 15, 12:31

darkstar one wrote:hello again , i do not know if this is known or even fixable

i have noticed Khaak Kyon emitters along with pulsed beam emitters really seem to smash the framerates even on my beefy little laptop

could anyone either link a "fixed" version or tell me how to fix it since im ok with T file Editor.... :P

many thanks in advance
Does this not happen in vanilla? From what I remember XTC should actually fix that issue appearing in vanilla. :s

Also, on a semi-related note, thexuniverse.com 's mailer should have been fixed for everyone now so those confirmation emails should be sent now.

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Wed, 5. Aug 15, 13:35

enenra wrote:
darkstar one wrote:hello again , i do not know if this is known or even fixable

many thanks in advance
Does this not happen in vanilla? From what I remember XTC should actually fix that issue appearing in vanilla. :s

Also, on a semi-related note, thexuniverse.com 's mailer should have been fixed for everyone now so those confirmation emails should be sent now.

it seems to be worse in xtended [im late game btw] then it ever was in vanilla...and i dont fancy uninstalling then reinstalling everything just to find out .... :P

Messyhead
x3tc

Post by Messyhead » Tue, 11. Aug 15, 08:38

Hi folks. I'm coming back to X3:TC after quite a break, and I'm now playing on Ubuntu on Steam.

Without having to read through 376 pages of posts, and I've already tried searching, can anyone tell me if it is possible to get this working on Ubuntu?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”