A modification for X³:Terran Conflict
The Terrans. A strong race, a proud race, a paranoid race. Like it was during the Terran Conflict, the terrans didn't maintain good relations with the other races. Quite the opposite was the case: Due to the fear of being attacked, the Terrans chose the offensive way and caused a massacre to the young nation of the ETNO. In the course of this war, the commonwealth races decided to break all relationships and to stop all trading activites with the Terrans.
But because the Terrans had lived autarchically for centuries before, that was no real problem for them, until their past catched up with them and huge fleets of Xenon ships were striking off to capture the sol-system...
This is the background story our modification 'ETNO Chronicles' is based on. 'ETNO' stands for Earliest Teladian Non-profit Organization. Founded by Isemados Sibasomos Nopileos IV the ETNO is now seen as an own race by the other commonwealth races.
We will mainly focus on changing the game mechanisms which almost haven't been changed since X-BTF.
What we also don't like is that most of the universe is just geared to the player: There will only be an invasion if the player accepts the corresponding mission, ships are produced without using resources and the player an his traders are almost unrivaled.
All in all, the universe seems like it is a player's marionette and the player doesn't feel like being part in a huge system in which he actually plays a minor role.
The most important changes we are going to make are listed below:
- All station do have an account
- All station refer to a company, which will make enterprising decisions dependent on its current economical situation
- Shipyards will need resources in order to produce a ship
- Four new races: ETNO, Split-rebels, Terraformer and Sohnen
- Hostile races will be at war, friendly races will support each other
- Sectors will be taken over and retaken
- A lot of new ships and new M9 classed ships
- No more use of Vanguard/Sentinel etc. Variations, but now there are Military/Police/Civil Variations with sharp distinctions
- Many ships are used from X2, which will complement the existing models
- Wide differences between ships of different races
- Completely reworked map with many new sectors
- More divsified sectors with objects positioned on all 3 axes
- New abandoned ships to find
- Glumski - Initiator, ideas, ships
- for sale - map, stations
- ScRaT - SE and MD scripts
- pantoffelhorst - modelling
- Draguun - SE scripts
- MH-Neugierig - testing, ideas
- Flippi - modding, map
- Striker304 - SE scripts, translations
- Reacecor - SE scripts
- h2o.AvA - SE and MD scripts
- DannyD- Italian Translation
- norden - SE scripts
As you might see, until now this mod has been only in german, and all team members are germans. But it's no problem if you don't speak any german, because all the team members also speak english as well as german, so we will be able to work multi-lingual. So don't worry about language problems.
So if you want to join our team, you can either direcly post here or you PM one of the team members (which is the better way), and we will inform you what you have to do then.
We know that we have taken on a big task, but we think it's doable.
If you have comments or ideas concerning the mod, then feel free to post them here.
You can also visit our developement forums if you want, but there is not much more informationabout the mod, so you better post here in this topic. Anyway, here's the link: ETNO-mod developement forums
The ETNO team