[SCRIPT] Ship/Factory Hijacker v1.02

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 11:12

If that was all, it would make as much sense for the Boron to outlaw water pistols.
My thoughts exactly. Why it entered my mind to try to make it more effective, but luckily I did not try to make something myself but started out searching the mods here instead.

EDITED POST

---My ideas before I found this was that using SOS on a ship would hamper it's overtunes and rudder, maybe lowering of the pilots fightskill to simulate a loss of control of ships systems.
The idea being that a sluggish ship would be easier to handle and make it to bail.

---Taking over stations. You might have seen uberex plug-in where one uses marines? That is a nifty idea I think. If you have to take over a station you'll need to beam over 10 marines/mercenaries (that will be lost to you since they will stay and police the station).
If the hacking attempt is unsuccessful they are lost due to station security not being neutralised (laser sentries and such).

Might borrow some code or ideas from uberex script maybe?

Thank you for making this nice script, now it makes sense why the SOS system is outlawed :thumb_up:

EDIT - For my game I think I'll edit the script so I'll need either one of Lucikes Technicians onboard, or a Marine/Mercenary with Hacking skill.
Only small ships can be hacked.
Un-piloted ships needs no wares or technician, like the original SOS.
I always edit scripts to become harder, almost never easier - must be something wrong with me :P

----> I sold myself on my own idea. Gonna adapt the script to lower aggression/fightskill of pilot and remove engine tunings and rudder. That will make the pilot bail easier or just make the ship easier to defeat.
Big ships will be harder to hack and will ofcourse not bail; maybe Big ship hacking will need onboard personal on player ship.
If one can use Cycrows SOS script simultaneously then I'll use that too as a legal way to claim un-piloted ships.

Stations, guess I'll stay away from that until I know what I am doing...
----> I'll use Uberex script for station takeovers. Might adjust it to make it harder. Users have noted it is quite easy taking over stations.

END EDIT
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

hankbender
x3tc

Post by hankbender » Thu, 24. Mar 11, 09:52

so i download and istall this script (witch sounds like a bit of genius) with the beta and try it out on a duke carrier. couldent get it to go first i get a beep software fail and nothing after that i tried wile knocking down the hull tried while not fireing hell even tried upside down :idea: but i got a insane amount of loot even some stuff the duke ship couldent have carried (ka gear)
anyway when i hear back to my factory in midnight star i see that the argon titan is paying me a little visit. now ive always been a friend to the argon never take a crap in your backyard my gran used to say. i figure must have been my patroling dragons so i reload last save i skip the duke attack send my patrol to the nerest trading station and follow the titan from wasteland. and we're all buddy buddy till he jumps into midnight the goes all monkey apeshit on me .
just wondering if this is a game glitch or maybe the script told the argon millitary of my bad intentions?

Iceciro
x3tc

Post by Iceciro » Sat, 23. Jul 11, 14:40

I've noticed the script seems a little finnicky, but if you mash the button and meet the requirements, it usually takes.

I have however, noticed a rather severe/annoying bug when it comes to this script and missions; unlike a bail forced by damage, the pilot/crew that ejects from the ship do not become the new mission target; it remains targeting your ship. At least, in my most recent use of it to snag a pirate m6.

This means your options are either keep the ship and suck up the mission failure, or blow up the ship.

Killa17
x4

Post by Killa17 » Sat, 30. Jul 11, 04:32

Iceciro wrote:I've noticed the script seems a little finnicky, but if you mash the button and meet the requirements, it usually takes.

I have however, noticed a rather severe/annoying bug when it comes to this script and missions; unlike a bail forced by damage, the pilot/crew that ejects from the ship do not become the new mission target; it remains targeting your ship. At least, in my most recent use of it to snag a pirate m6.

This means your options are either keep the ship and suck up the mission failure, or blow up the ship.
Sell it. Shipkilled fires and you still get a gain.
XenTech Industries: Currently engaged in corporate warfare with The Phanon Corporation.
-----------------------------------------------------------
[ external image ]

Iceciro
x3tc

Post by Iceciro » Sun, 31. Jul 11, 03:06

I actually wanted to take the ship in that case, though; it was a corvette. So the selling it at a shipyard thing doesnt help there.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Mon, 4. Jul 16, 11:11

your li nk goes to the Escapist site no dl

crazed nerd

Post by crazed nerd » Tue, 2. Aug 16, 19:37

Here I found this link as a backup download
http://www.x1tp.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=116

It has the same filename apparently so I think it is the latest version.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 21:58

Broken d/l link. :-(

I so wanted this in my AP playthrough.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 22:50

The backup link posted by crazed nerd above works fine.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

rudi_pioneer
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] Ship/Factory Hijacker v1.02

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 20:39

Is it X3FL compatible?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 10:04

Likely. Best to make a backup of your savegames, "scripts" and "t" folder and try it out for yourself.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 20:03

Confirmed, works! Plugin manager will show a notice that it's wrong game, but won't prevent you from installing it.

Successfully captured a ship and station

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”