So here we are, A DID story

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

KextV8
x4

So here we are, A DID story

Post by KextV8 » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 21:57

Start: Suicidal Squid, But for writing purposes, the race is Argon.
Pilot: Adrian Delou
Rules:
1. No stealing or selling the ship from deliver ship missions
2. No Nvidium Mining(other than as required by plot)
3. No repair laser use on ships other than M5/M4/M3
4. No derelict ship claiming.
5. No purchase of non-bailing ships. AKA-No buying M6, TM, TL, M7, M1, M2
6. No OTAS ships at all.

Log Entry:768-05-01

A simple delivery job they said. There wasn't supposed to be any trouble, and certainly not a volley of missiles streaming through space. Of course, the promises never seem to match up with reality. It all resulted in this, being stranded aboard Atreus Headquarters after being rescued from my escape pod by a passing Boron patrol. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful of course; a cold death in space isn't the best way to go. After contacting my previous employer OTAS to see about ship replacement and getting back to work, it seems my contract was terminated when the cargo I was supposed to deliver exploded, along with the ship carrying it. 14 years of faithful service dismissed that easily, they can choke on an argnu burger. Might as well head to the bar and drink myself stupid on the last few credits I've got. These Boron stations take alot of getting used to, the humidity is crushing, almost like walking through a swamp, and the air has a strange bite to it; breathing it just doesn't feel normal. The walk to the bar is taking a while, this place is enourmous, so suppose its time to check a terminal for a shortcut. In retrospect, passing through less frequented back passages on an unfamiliar foreign station was probably not the best of ideas, but at the time there was nothing to lose, and it paid off. As I walked through one of the passageways there was an interesting scene. Now picture this out of these supposed "peaceful" Boron, one squid standing there, just putting away something, another laying on the ground haphazardly, a new hole in his body. At my entrance, the one I assume caused the mess immediately turns, draws a disruptor pistol, and levels it right at my chest. Without a moments hesitation I said "I didn't see nothing". Since I'm alive and writing this log I suppose anyone reading it knows I didn't eat it right there. That Boron fellow simply nodded once, turned around and dissapeared through an access panel, leaving me standing next to a dead body. Searching the corpse yielded an access card to Hangar Y28-3B in the docking bay. Change of plans, no bar. Reaching the hangar revealed a small Octopus M5 class scout ship. Better than nothing, and that fellow wont be using it anymore; time to get back to my life and find some work.

Taking a few minutes to familiarize myself with the controls, I noticed the ship already had a destination set, a little place called Veil of Delusion. Not one of the nicer places in existence but if the ship is known I figured I might be able to find work, and with that I departed the docking bay. The ship is fast enough and I let the autopilot mostly handle the trip while I tried to take a nap. Before I could even close my eyes the comms light up: A Boron Police vessel hails me and insists I'm carrying illegal goods, and I best be proper and quick about ejecting them unless I wanna be space dust. Note to self, check cargo holds next time you obtain a ship. Having just recently been in a similar situation I accepted his proposal and launched the space fuel from my cargo hold into space, to the sound of a loud warning claxon.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4048/15789418.jpg

Checking the scanners, there appear to be two Khaak Capital ships as well as numerous smaller craft, thats my cue to set course away from the fleet and try not to get blown to bits. Lucky for me, and unlucky for the Khaak, the Boron military patrol that picked me up was still in the area. After a massive battle there were quite a few missiles strewn across the field for me to scavange. The proceeds went directly to improving the engine performance and cargo hold of my newly aquired Octopus, with enough left over that I decided maybe some software or weapons were in order. Hailing the nearest ship and asking where the nearest Equipment dock, I was informed I should head through the north gate, into Queen's Retribution. Trip to Veil of Delusion canceled due to good fortune. Upon arrival I leave a purchase order for the dock engineers to install 4 Impulse Ray Emitters, Fight Command Software mk1, Special Command Software, and I head off to get some much needed rest.

Assets:

Octopus,
1mj shield
4 Impulse Ray Emitters
Fully Tuned and Cargo Expanded
4,025 Credits

Return to “Creative Universe”