I read somewhere there will be X online?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Boo8er
x3tc

I read somewhere there will be X online?

Post by Boo8er » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 23:53

I heard that the X series will be an Online game. I would like to know if that is true I saw it on a wikipedia article about space flight simulators can anyone confirm that it is true?

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 00:08

My advice: Don't believe everything written on Wikipedia. And now...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Catra

Re: I read somewhere there will be X online?

Post by Catra » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 00:10

Boo8er wrote:I heard that the X series will be an Online game. I would like to know if that is true I saw it on a wikipedia article about space flight simulators can anyone confirm that it is true?
i can confirm this about multiplayer:

[ external image ]

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 00:10

Catra? Horse, plx.

As to your question, have a look around the forums! There's a large amount of posts and discussion about this, opinion of the majority being that X is very much a single-player universe and making it into multiplayer would change things and not for the better.

edit: damn it, I was late with my horse request!

breytac
x4

Post by breytac » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 04:07

Eve Online

Very much like the X games. Just be prepared to spend a lot of in-game currency to get anywhere. And if you think X's learning curve is steep, you ain't seen nothin.

vlasticz
x4

Post by vlasticz » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 11:29

:lol: :roll:

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 17:04

You obviously haven't seen everyone's favourite (seems to be) argument, a new one does seem to crop up at least once every month. I think we're due one soon actually, we need someone to make a new 'Why X needs online' thread really. egosoft.com just wouldn't be the same without these threads. :lol:

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 17:08

[SOLAR]INFERNO wrote:You obviously haven't seen everyone's favourite (seems to be) argument, a new one does seem to crop up at least once every month. I think we're due one soon actually, we need someone to make a new 'Why X needs online' thread really. egosoft.com just wouldn't be the same without these threads. :lol:
+1 to this.

theres not many repetative threads(think this is the only one LOL) that i can throw my deadhorse into and be done with it. :P

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 17:10

theres not many repetative threads
Really?
UFOs, rants about the UI, M7 threads, M6 threads etc. seem to crop up pretty often. But as was said, the forums wouldn't be the same without 'em. :D
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 17:12

Master of the Blade wrote:
theres not many repetative threads
Really?
UFOs, rants about the UI, M7 threads, M6 threads etc. seem to crop up pretty often. But as was said, the forums wouldn't be the same without 'em. :D
well yes theres those.

but i cant just post my deadhorse gif then leave, i actually have to stay and discuss stuff to justify the existence of the gif :P

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 20:36

The problem for us "vets" is it hard to find anything really new to read here nowadays .
Often it is because there are new players who are having the same problems,questions and ideas that we all had when we started.
Whereas it is nice to be able to help newcomers,it does get a bit boring seeing threads that have been beaten to bits a dozen times or more,still cropping up again every month,like some sort of ghost that won't settle.

That is why it is always best to use the various search methods first,before posting.
I find this helpful,not just for myself,but for answering questions on this site.
http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_search ... gosoft.com

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 21:06

My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 23:32

:D Nice Gazz :D

B1zmark

Post by B1zmark » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 05:42

Read a bunch of the responses on other threads regarding this, including the poll.

Seems its mostly old-school players that dont want an online variant of this - and i could literally tear these arguments apart for pages at a time, but it would be a waist of text. Instead i'll just give you an example of what this kind of anti-progress attitude results in.

The Tribes 2 community boycotted the Tribes: Vengeance 'prequel' release on the UT engine. The result of this (actually very well made and marketable) game flopping killed the Tribes franchise. All community projects failed despite the community saying they could do it themselfs.

MMO's make money. Online capable games have more life-span and generally sell better. Want more X? Move with the times.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 10:37

Yawn...

Another person who's been here for 5 seconds and thinks they know what's best for the X community.

Hint 1...

Tribes <> X

Hint 2...

If we wanted an MMO we would be playing Eve...

Hint 3...

Egosoft seem to be doing well enough catering for the single player genre...

It's really that simple... :roll:

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 11:10

While some gentle ribbing regarding the frequency of this topic may be ok, it's getting into the realms of being unacceptable conduct.

This thread's going no-where good, so now it's going south.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”