[TC] passengers what can I do with them besides enslavement

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Strategist
x4

passengers what can I do with them besides enslavement

Post by Strategist » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 07:04

Can I do anything with these passengers I rescued from flouting helplessly in Xenon space besides enslaving them, and does anyone know a script are something that would allow me to make some use of them are at least drop them off at the nearest trading post without having to just eject them like cargo?

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 07:14

space chaff, eject 1 by 1 for max effect. :)

IIRC, you can "view" a passenger, and they might have a destination listed.

S&M stuff are asked in S&M :)

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 07:23

Catra wrote:space chaff, eject 1 by 1 for max effect. :)
I love it when you talk cruel.

Shock223
x3tc

Post by Shock223 » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 08:31

Progress-M wrote:
Catra wrote:space chaff, eject 1 by 1 for max effect. :)
I love it when you talk cruel.
:o :gruebel: :roll:

anyways, there isn't much you can do at all other than enslave them or use them for target practice.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 12:01

In a moment of in-game whimsy, I filled a fitted-out Angel Luxury TP with some weed and booze and a few dozen Pirate babes (such as Melissa Marval and her friends who had wisely decided to donate their ships and service to my Corporation). Now known as 'The Fallen Angel' the TP tours the Goner sector Elysium of Light offering a bit of comfort and pleasure to the otherwise bored Militia and traders. It may also have educated a few self-rightous Goners in its travels too!

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat
x4

Post by CuriosityKillsTheMADCat » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 12:11

Alan Phipps wrote:In a moment of in-game whimsy, I filled a fitted-out Angel Luxury TP with some weed and booze and a few dozen Pirate babes (such as Melissa Marval and her friends who had wisely decided to donate their ships and service to my Corporation). Now known as 'The Fallen Angel' the TP tours the Goner sector Elysium of Light offering a bit of comfort and pleasure to the otherwise bored Militia and traders. It may also have educated a few self-rightous Goners in its travels too!
:lol:

MFG

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat
Fähiger Pilot wie DU sein...
"When ships to sail the void between the stars have been invented, there will also be men who come forward to sail those ships."
Johannes Kepler, Somnium, 1634 A.D.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: passengers what can I do with them besides enslavement

Post by Nanook » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 23:18

Strategist wrote:Can I do anything with these passengers I rescued from flouting helplessly in Xenon space besides enslaving them, and does anyone know a script are something that would allow me to make some use of them are at least drop them off at the nearest trading post without having to just eject them like cargo?
If you 'eject them like cargo', they'll fly to the nearest station, dock and then disappear into the station.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 04:42

:fg: Hay all!. Nanook what happens to ejected helpless slaves when you eject them in a sector without any stations, or better yet :mrgreen: take them to a Xenon or Khaak sector and send them on there merry way :P (What would happen??)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 21:14

'Slaves' are no longer individuals and are stacked like any other cargo into crates. If you eject 'slaves', you eject a cargo container full of them and the cargo container explodes after a few minutes as it runs out of energy.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Ten
x3tc

Post by Ten » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 13:57

I have another question regarding this.

If you have your people in the cargohold for a longer period of time, do they die?

Because I had a few people in my hold [With life support ofcourse] for a few days, and no they're gone... And I'm quitte sure I haven't ejected them or sold them.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 18:21

@ Ten: Passengers stay for as long is there is life support. (The only exception I know of is when a boarded ship turns blue and has more remaining contents than its now-reduced cargobay can cope with - then passengers/marines may well disappear.)

Frankly the most common reason for losing passengers/marines is briefly transferring the CLS to another ship in error, realising the mistake and quickly moving it back - too late for those onboard though.

Ten
x3tc

Post by Ten » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 20:50

Now that you mention it .. I did do that. XD!

danichols
x4

Post by danichols » Sat, 13. Nov 10, 15:57

Eject him as you fly by a EQ dock and see if you can hit a window of some poor smuck working on "Things that go bunp in the night", and scare the wobblies out of him.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”