[TC] experimental elctro-magnetic pulse cannon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

machilleus
x3tc

experimental elctro-magnetic pulse cannon

Post by machilleus » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 06:46

I just bought a Spitfyre and I need one. Where are they and how do I get one?
-Machilleus

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 07:08

you buy one from one of the weapon bases

Aldrin Weapon Production Base M Alpha: -274, 0, 106
Aldrin Weapon Production Base M Beta: -307, -22.5, 44.7

machilleus
x3tc

Post by machilleus » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 07:20

but the pulse cannon doesn't show up as an selling item on these bases (i.e. it isn't listed)
-Machilleus

machilleus
x3tc

Post by machilleus » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 07:29

Also, is there any place to get a jumpdrive in Aldrin, or do you have to either bring a carrier or sacrifice a ship to get a new ship from Aldrin out of the sector?
-Machilleus

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 07:39

hurp im dumb:

Unknown Aldrin Base: 55.1, 5.51, 157
Unknown Aldrin Base: -266, 3.04, -63.6
Unknown Aldrin Base: -299, 3.04, 150

are the EQdocks, there -might- be one in there.

then theres the forge (possibly) located here:

EEMPC forge: 99.0, 11.8, 97.8.

theres no place in aldrin that sells JDs.

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 13:51

*gives some of his 299 E-EMPCs to machilleus*

Commodity Logistics Software MK1* does wonders.

*script endorsed by Egosoft and part of the official bonus pack

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 14:39

i will usually jump a TL in with M3s that carry jumpdrives and other equipment then outfit the ships that way.
The TL can hang around to collect useful weapons and missiles.
[/i]
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

machilleus
x3tc

Dang Terran Rep

Post by machilleus » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 16:43

Well, thankfully the EEMPC forge is still there. Unfortunately, I still don't have the Terran rep to buy them (does it seem strange to anyone else that you can purchase Terran ships that you cannot buy weapons for). So, I guess tonight's gameplay will be spent making friends with the Terrans. I hear that combat missions in Heretics End are good for this. I was also gonna drop a couple of sector traders in Terran space. Any other suggestions?
-Machilleus

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 16:47

Taxi missions work well too. Oh and be careful what missions you pick. I've noticed long ago that the Terran reputation is fragile, to say the least.
If you abandon a mission or fail it, you'll lose lots of rep.

And if you run into freight-scan missions in Terran space, don't take them. There is no Terran police license in the game, hence scanning anything in their space is illegal and might affect your rep and probably even alert their forces.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 17:08

Two ways to get a Spitfyre out without a long journey. 1 is to bring in a TM, since it's able to dock at them, and the other is bring a TM with ships that have jump drives, and transfer those to other ships, and then leap out the now empty ships with the TM.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 19:12

Make sure you leave some sector traders in Aldrin to keep the stations alive. Also, you may want to use scout save on the weapons forges.

lubnius
x4

Post by lubnius » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 19:21

If you have completed Aldrin plot and still have Neptune sector connected to TUS via HUB, send your ships to Earth Torus, you can find JD there with E-Cells.

BTW how to get the achievement "Reunion" ?

machilleus
x3tc

Post by machilleus » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 21:24

are STs safe in Aldrin? Also, what is "scout save"?
-Machilleus

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 21:32

are STs safe in Aldrin? Also, what is "scout save"?
AFAIK there's nothing that could kill and Aldrin ST except boredom and the asteroids. Scout saving is where you park a cheap M5 at a station to stop the GoD engine from deleting it. This is most often employed to stop Terran and Aldrin weapon production from disappearing.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 21:35

machilleus wrote:are STs safe in Aldrin?
Yes, completely safe.
machilleus wrote:what is "scout save"?
The game engine removes unused stations from time to time. Having a ship of your own docked at rarely used stations (like Terran ones) will prevent their removal. Also, having UTs in Terran space helps in this regard and it's how I, unknowingly, saved Terran and Aldrin stations in my game.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 21:41

machilleus wrote:are STs safe in Aldrin? Also, what is "scout save"?

Idk if I named it (doubt it) or heard it (likely) but like Thunders said "scout save" is where you buy a bare-bones M5 (because it's the cheapest option) and dock it any station that you want to prevent from dissapearing. This is effective because the game engine will not remove a station that has one of your ships docked to it.

I set myself a challenge in my latest game start to scout save all 31 Terran weapon factories (Terran start is the only way to even have a hope of doing this). In my first run I'd already lost two warhead forges after a mere 6 hours of flying time, and by the time I got access to the Moon at 27 hours of flying time, the Shadow factory was gone. The second time I got them all by saving the warhead factories first (at 3 hours flying) and getting an early jumpdrive to shave 14 flying hours off the plot line (which gets you access to the Moon). No joke - that's a race against time.

Terran stations that go POOF can be brought back by pumping enough into the Terran economy that the game engine decides to restore them. Aldrin stations are different - once they go POOF, they never come back.

Scout Save is your friend! :)

LynkDead
x3tc

Post by LynkDead » Fri, 5. Nov 10, 19:27

machilleus wrote:are STs safe in Aldrin? Also, what is "scout save"?
Just for a quick piece of advice: AFAIK, a lot of people use Springblossoms as STs in Aldrin. Aldrin is so huge that speed really helps, and Sprinblossoms have enough cargo space to work effectively.

I have 4 Springblossoms holding down the entire Aldrin economy pretty easily. 3 would probably do it as well.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”