EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

New missiles bug !?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Zeron-mk7

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 1. Nov 10, 09:38    Post subject: New missiles bug !? Reply with quote Print

I found bug, when I add 16 new missiles (total are 24 missiles in the game).
I add in the x2story.obj and x2galedit.obj files max number of missile - 31 (do that with OBJ PATCH 15), after I add 16 new missiles, missiles work fine in the game, but in the weapon control menu, about 8 missile show wrong missile model (bod file), showed another missile model and one missile show laser model (bod file).
I 3 times or more rework, recreate Trocket file, but nothing changed (many times checked Trocket file, all parametrs are correct), I start
thinking maybe this is OBJ PATCH 15 bug - when add too many missiles he change something wrong in the obj files.
I don't know, maybe someone know about this problem or maybe someone is faced with the same problem ?
Here are 2 missile bug showed in the screenshots:

PostPosted: Mon, 1. Nov 10, 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I believe there are not many people out there who know how to manipulate the code. Since it's russians who first did this many except you to know how it works now Razz
Pandora uses a modified version too but we never experienced such a problem before. the only problem we had is how to know which bullet is linked to which laser, after adding about 100.
We never added new missles jet, we just added some new t-files for better control of the whole game. If we discover the problem we'll let you know Smile

Shadow

Topic - Gallery - www.x2-pandora.de - Freiheit
Chris Gi

PostPosted: Tue, 2. Nov 10, 00:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Are you sure you use correct Picture id's [Offset 1]? I think menus use picture ids instead of body ids - they should be the same.

Shadow dream

PostPosted: Tue, 2. Nov 10, 01:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

the menue uses the picture ID, correct. it would explain that if it was a wrong missle-body, but not how a laser-body got there ..? At least I hope zeron has NOT used laser-bodies with missles! Surprised (I would burry myself immediately if I'd discover that - the shame........)

honestly, that's the last thing I could think about here Razz

@Zeron: anyhow, what about those screens? You show us that the body changes. Did they change after a game-start (for what reason ever) or have you modfied anything while making those 6 screens?

Shadow

Zeron-mk7

PostPosted: Tue, 2. Nov 10, 09:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Chris Gi wrote:
Are you sure you use correct Picture id's [Offset 1]? I think menus use picture ids instead of body ids - they should be the same.

Yes, Picture ID and Body ID are the same - missile bod model, like I write in early, I checked many times Troket file, problem not in the Trocket file, because in the wares list rocket body shows correctly, but in ship weapon control menu shows wrong, shows other missile body, from 16 new missiles, shows correctly only about 5 - 7 missiles in the ship weapon control menu.
Shadow dream wrote:
At least I hope zeron has NOT used laser-bodies with missles!

Of course not.

Also, when I deleted only 2 missiles from Trocket file, Virus missile not showed laser bod model anymore, but showed, again other missile bod model in the ship weapon control menu.

About screenshots:
In the first 3 screenshots showed Wing missile example. I add new missiles in the equipment dock, in 1 screenshots see correct Wing missile bod model (screenshots from the equipment dock), 2 screenshots are from ship weapon control menu, in this menu missile shows incorrect, wrong, shows other missile bod model, in 3 screenshots see missile scene in space and missile works correct.
In the last 3 screenshots, showed Virus missile example. Problem are the same, but shows only weapon bod model, in the Trocket file are correct missile bod model number in the Picture ID and Body ID and they are the same.
I don't know, where are the problem, I will ask about this problem in the russian forum, maybe someone know about this problem.

PostPosted: Wed, 3. Nov 10, 00:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Zeron-mk7 wrote:

Shadow dream wrote:
At least I hope zeron has NOT used laser-bodies with missles!

Of course not.

phew, glad to hear that Very Happy

OK, now I understand the background of the problem properly. This one is realy odd! I have never seen, that the picture ID changes from menu to menu Surprised
It would be cool if you could CONTROLL this effekt! Such as for unknown objects that are not in your cargospace won't show the body. Rolling Eyes

As far as I'm aware of, this realy is an obj. problem. Sorry, but I have absolutely no plan how that thing works. I only saw some lines that Chris has posted in our forums, when he first got his hands on the code, and I just saw nonsense.
I have no clue about programming either, this might be the reason ^^ I admire him for beeing able to manipulate that thing

Shadow

Chris Gi

PostPosted: Wed, 3. Nov 10, 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If this is an issue with OBJ PATCH 15, noone here is able to help you. You need to contact the original author. I guess the Russian forum is your best bet.
I'm not sure how PATCH15 really works, but it's obviously limited in it's scope. Otherwise, a restriction on 31 rockets or 200 new ship slots is not understandable because X2 can handle 65536 missile types and 65536 ship slots...

You should consider using less rockets... similar to the laser slots: it's not a good idea to use all possible 32 laser slots, because the lasers won't get properly displayed in the ship's weapon menu...

Zeron-mk7

PostPosted: Wed, 3. Nov 10, 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I need to think more about it, tested little bit more and choose the best variants, I do not want too small number of missiles in the mod. Wink
Chris Gi wrote:
because the lasers won't get properly displayed in the ship's weapon menu...

Only one laser color box not shows up in the ship compatible lasers list, this is small trifle. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Thu, 4. Nov 10, 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

OBJ PATCH 15 author answer me in russian forum, about this bug, he told:
Quote:
As far as I remember, PATCH 15 changed the constant number of missiles that are displayed on the monitor of the player and added Coloring for extended range missiles. Of models of missiles and ships, PATCH knows nothing.
This problem should not arise because of the patcher. Try adding one rocket. Look at what stage there is a bug.

I will try to add one by one missile, lets see what happens, then will see, on what missile number bugs shows up.

PostPosted: Mon, 22. Nov 10, 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I try to add one by one missile, after I add fifth missile show up this bug.
From russian forum, one very knowing pilot (he know about editing obj code alot of) answered that - Apparently, the restriction on the number of missiles is in the exe, need to edit obj code. Sad
Code:
TMENU_ID.GetObjectBodyFromType(arg1, arg2)

Introducing an amendment to add a rocket.
Need to change the menu for an extended missiles count, so
Code:
SA_GetTypeBody, SA_GetTypeCut и SA_GetTypeCompBody
return for the new missiles incorrect values.