[TC] Best Asteroid EVER!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Best Asteroid EVER!!

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 10:26

:fg: Hi all!! I've been building today a complex and was in the middle of dropping my ore mines and saw that 2 of the mines were in the same place of each other. So I sprang over in my springblossom to the Asteroid and unbelievably saw this:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/723/x3terrandude.gif

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/723/x3terrandude.gif

What does this mean??

:boron: :goner: :paranid: :teladi: :split: :rant: :pirat: :khaak: :xenon:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 10:55

You answered it yourself. There are 2 identical asteroids in the exact same place and you built the same type of mine on each. Such asteroid duplication happens now and again in the X Universe. As long as they are identical in both asteroid and mine station, they will take no mutual collision damage from the overlap even with you IS once complexed.

(You did notice the crunching sound and that their shields are going down while you are watching - didn't you? They will eventually explode if left on on their own with you IS.)

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 12:00

:fg: Hay all!! -Alan Phipps your right. I do notice that sometimes when I build a mine on an asteroid In Sector sometimes the shields will go down (Some faster than others) then if I stay I.S the mines will self destroy themselves. I got O.O.S before these babies self detonated. Thats why I normally build mines as the last thing with a complex. Could someone tell why heaps of asteroids do self destroy themselves after you build on them? :?: :?:
Last edited by Stephen_Garlick on Tue, 19. Oct 10, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 12:06

No thats why you should build the mines first. In case you need to revise the mineral availability, and/or the eventual position of the complex.
I.e. If you need to complex two mines up to prevent them blowing up, then you'll probly need to build near/on top of them.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 14:00

Activating the SETA will also cancel the collision with the mines, that way you can give it a chance to replenish their shields.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 02:11

:fg: Hay all! -I've had a look at the Universe maps in X3TC.ru and the Asteriod locations. Are asteriods in fixed locations, or a bit random, because I can't seem to spot this one?? Also whats the reason behind the asteriods being unstable I.S......

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”