The short life of Andrew Reeves

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

something horrible will happen to Mr. Reeves

He will be fine. His first trip off world in his new whip will go just fine.
40%
he'll be dead in a week. Space is dangerous. He should of opened a fitness center instead of buying the Kestral and piloting school.
60%

Total votes: 10

Mr. Reeves
x4

The short life of Andrew Reeves

Post by Mr. Reeves » Mon, 18. Oct 10, 19:44

(Get to know your author. Here is a link to my youtube channel... http://www.youtube.com/user/andrewsheld ... ature=mhum)

CHAPTER ZERO: INNOCENCEIt all started with a short trip off world. It being my first trip. I had just turned 18 and gotten myself a hot rod.

[ external image ][/url]
Last edited by Mr. Reeves on Wed, 20. Oct 10, 10:51, edited 4 times in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Mon, 18. Oct 10, 20:38

I was just cruising excited that i was able to use everything. Looking down on my homeworld.

[ external image ]

When there was a HUGE ****** explosion!!! The shockwave rattled the whole sector.

[ external image ]

I didn't know what to do. i had fired a firearm in the navy but never been in a fight. I made a B line for the nearest factory. Just as I was landing there was a huge explosion that threw me to my left.

[ external image ]

And then bombs Started hitting the station I had just docked at.

[ external image ]

The docking clamps were stuck. I couldn't get out. Things looked so desperate. I lovingly removed the warning label from the unused ejector lever. I took my insurance paperwork and shoved as much of it as I could in my space suits inside pocket. The station was already starting to go up in flames as it decompressed.

[ external image ]

My ships shields were going down. I stared at the inside of my wallet realizing i had no life insurance. I always thought I was too young to die. The stations shield had already failed. violently shrapnell was bouncing off the powerful field that was saving me right now. I couldn't get out. The shrapnell would eat me alive with no shields. I would have to ride this shit out.

BOOM!!!

[ external image ]

I punched the shit out of the turbo as the docking clamp assembly was enveloped by nuclear fire. My wind screen exploded. My visor on my suit cracked I was flung into the deep void uncontrollably. I slipped into uncontiousness and i awoke in my smoking ruin 1% hull kestral. Somehow I survived however nothing worked. The engines would randomly fire. As my view shifted i got my first view of my homeworlds assailents.

[ external image ]

The fire fight carrying on. A monster slides out of the fog of war.

[ external image ]
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Mon, 18. Oct 10, 22:02

CHAPTER 1: ADOLESENCE
So the Split and the AGI were attacking at the same time. Maybe that's not so bad because when they run out of my fellow patriots to slaughter (they are doing a good job of that I must say) then they will start to fight each other... i hope. And I'm stranded in a ship that has a reactor about to blow. Time to exit this smoking pile before I'm a gonner for real.

[ external image ]

So in survival training I've learned that I should take stock of what I've got.

damaged space suit

2,000 credits

intergalactic map of entire universe navy spec opps issue (modded game)

And a buisiness card that for 20,500 credits per satilite this contractor will send a team of highly skilled spied to lay down a satalite grid anywhere in the universe in five mizuras or less.... Seems to good to be and I don't have the cash right now. I'd rather be home anyway.

Also heard news before i left about new software for the Boron Fleet called MARS and CODEA. but I dunno about the fleet anymore. They think I'm dead now.

and a fleet of bloodthirsty split and AGI right on top of me

hmm... seems getting down to the surface is out of the question without my recently destroyed ship so time to get the hell out of kingdom end. That gate looks pretty close. if I can just sneak over there...

The area is clear for now. nothing there but space debris. I hope I can hold my lunch!

[ external image ]
Last edited by Mr. Reeves on Wed, 20. Oct 10, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Mon, 18. Oct 10, 22:45

(It is worth mentioning I forgot the scuttle ship command so currently the octopus is supertuned in a teladie shipyard awaiting to be scrapped or sold when I start getting some money. I may work it in as an insurance payment if I don't kill myself)

Chapter 2: A New Life
Now I'm the furthest away from home that i have ever been. I must say this system is very tranquall.

So everyone thinks I'm dead and i don't know waht to do.

I think I'll stop by the trading station. i'm familiar with these. I learned in school i can summon rescue. I want to check my status in the Navy.

[ external image ]
Last edited by Mr. Reeves on Wed, 20. Oct 10, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Mon, 18. Oct 10, 23:32

Hmm.. It seems the trading station in rolk's drift is not able to access anything and people are panicking over the fate of Kingdom End.

The Battle must not have gone well.

I really should get further away. I'm only one jump away from home. Not that I ever owned anything. I was an orphan and the state pretty much took care of me. I'm not too excited to get back to the navy either because for all they know I'm dead. And being in the spec opps kicking down doors was never what I wanted to do but paid well. I just hope what few friends I had made it out of there. So just maybe. Piloting this space suit is so boring. i mean the kestral was fun. I can literally take a nap and not hardly go a few kilometers. I miss my Singularity engine time accelerator.

i gotta stop thinking like this.

In survival training we learned to think about the matter at hand. And the matter at hand is getting out of here by any means neccicery. So I've got 2,000 credits and a half broke space suit. Hmm... Seems that I can halfway fix my suit's engines that were damage. And to think they are calling it an upgrade... i already had the best spec opps suit before now I've got this half working shrapnell impregnated pile. So I'm alittle miffed I only have 86 credits left after fixing it.

[ external image ]

OH WELL .. When you gotta go u gotta go! 19 meters a secound....
Last edited by Mr. Reeves on Wed, 20. Oct 10, 10:52, edited 2 times in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 00:10

<I took care of the starter ship by sending it to xenon 101. It lasted about 12 secounds. :)>

Chapter 3: The Fog
You know it upsets me going through a sector in a space suit without being able to see hardly anything.

[ external image ]

The long drag of space travel is starting to get to me. I still have not found a ship. I'm about to go through the gate to menalayisis frontier.

[ external image ]
Last edited by Mr. Reeves on Wed, 20. Oct 10, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 00:55

So I'm all the way in Teladie gain. Well free of kingdom end. I'm thinking I'll eventually find a ship. There just has to be some way I can get one. I'm not letting go of it I don't think. And with all this time on my hands I have decided I don't want to go back to kicking in doors of bad squids on Kingdom End.

Well I think I'll take a nap now. I've really learned how to use the suits auto pilok. It works ok. Betty gets alil wonky sometimes. Before I go take my nap I must remember to do my space jumping jacks and running in the void, while not actually getting you anywhere gets the heart rate up.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 22:45

[ external image ]

I think I'll keep my ship since it was so hard to come by. I don't think he will be a happy squid. But I need this ship. I'm off to pirate alley to try and collect containers and cool off for a while.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 23:13

[ external image ]

these pirates almost killed me. I don't have any weopons. My strafe drive saved me.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Tue, 19. Oct 10, 23:36

look at these guys they are going back toward the danger. I bet there will be a fight

[ external image ]

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 04:46

Oh hell yea. There is a HUGE fight. The pirates do a hell of a number but the argons bring the superior weoponry. The hull cracks on the pirate destroyer spewing the contents into space. This is a huge haul!

[ external image ]

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 04:58

And the result is LOOT! :)

[ external image ]

MarineMan
x3tc

Post by MarineMan » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 06:18

wow :o those pics are HUGEEEEEEEEE!

How'd you manage that?
I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, imagining i've lived my life and done nothing ~ George S. Patton

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 07:47

(In respnce to MarineMan to answer your question I set up a photo bucket account and when I see something In game I want to make part of the story I press F9 to take a screenshot. Then I go to photobucket and upload the screenshot. If you want to find your screenshots using windows 7 go to windows explorer then libraries>documents>Egosoft>X3TC>Screenshots I have an uber computer I'm very proud to say I built myself over a year saving up for each piece and it has a 25.5 inch monitor so that is how big the pics are. I hope you enjoy viewing all the detail. And I hope you enjoy following along in my dead is dead game.)

CHAPTER 4: MAKING GOOD $
Being as I cleaned up the mess that huge drop down fight left in Brennons Triumph I've decided I need to unload my salvaged wares. I really want a ship that can hold medium class wares because that would be uber handy to get all those tomahawk missles floating around. So I'll need some weopons to cap one since I know I will not be able to afford one. I mean hey I'm already a fugitive having stolen a ship so I may as well go all the way and start stealing more stuff. I'm not too picky. I can cap a defenceless freighter and take it. That way i can slurp more.

I'm going to the equipment dock in Thurk's beard to unload. I'll see how much all these missles are worth when I get there.

Hmmm SCORE Seems like I just can't leave Brennans Triumph just yet as I've fpund 5 more missles floating around!

Uh ow.... looks like I'm about to loose some profitsss The Teladie poliece are not too happy abput my shiplessness. It seems they havn't exactly sent their finest after me... But wait! I have a hold bursting with missles. i got to show my appreciation. It would seem he is approching me in a way that just seems.... Hostile!

So a few thousand in missles spent and the Teladie's finest is dealt with. It looks like this upsets them. I'm now a neusance. U gotta do what you do you know. I could not give up my ship. It was either me or him.

[ external image ]

I took some damage. I'm only doing 55 meters a secound. It is time to hop out and do some repairs.

That's better hull patched up and now flying at a decent 118 m secound. It's time to make some time and hopefully find some crates. i hope the split like me enough to let them dock at their equipment for them. :idea: I think of all the races the split will put these missles to good use!

This is cool and unknown object! UFO

[ external image ]

So I'm finally at the equipment dock and selling all my salvaged crates nets me a cool 120,000 credits pure profit! CHA CHING

[ external image ]

So upgrades.... Well they will not sell me any weopons.. they are very smart today. low and behold I try to hijack one of there ships. But I have another idea. I'm putting some speed upgrades 15/25 at 13K on this puppy and buying a duplex scanner 5k. It should be awesome. I also think I'm going to drop satilites in Brennons Triumph if I can get any to keep tabs you know. It will pay off I think. So I'm off to find some satilites. I just hope the pirates do not destroy them because they are not cheap.
Last edited by Mr. Reeves on Wed, 20. Oct 10, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 08:39

CHAPTER 5: I LOVE PIRATE ALLY
So I have a full load full just from nepoliosis memorial of microchips, space weed, and missles thanks to dropping in to mepoliosis memorial just as a balttle was ending. I filled up 57 units full of high value freight in 10 minites. I'm off to the market. I left 57 crystals behind because I can not hold M class wares. I need a freighter asap. Look at all this stuff just there for the taking. Check this picture out!

[ external image ]

Dam. That's money floating around. **** the navy I'm never going back. They probably think I'm dead based on the fact insurance has not contacted me yet. So I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna make my own way in free space. Pirate space.

So since I'm commited to staying out here and this ship has grown on me I stoped at the pirate base (Hatickvas faith) to dump some space weed and picked up fight software 1 and 2, a freight scanner, and a life support system. The only thing I really need right now I don't have is a proper pirate ship and lasers. I've got money on my mind. I need to feed the greed! :twisted:

So after docking again at Thuruk's beard my account went from 66k to 156k
Last edited by Mr. Reeves on Wed, 20. Oct 10, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 08:56

So I'm searching for weopons and nobody has any that I can find. I can't put out satilites bc I can only haul M class wares. The taladie an me are enemys, and I can't find or steal a freighter. hmm guess I'll have to go to home of light and try to buy one.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 09:38

CHAPTER 6: ANDREW THE OPPERTUNIST
I found weopons. The split had Impulse ray emitters stashed on their military outpost so I bought them up. Now that the split like me I've decided they are not so bad. I mean they are bad news and attacked my homeworld but it's not like they killed anyone I know. It was mostly the AGI that did the damage although the Split did have a big part in it I'm sure... I'm just trying to make excuses in my head why i should be nice to them and I think the main reason is I'm really desperate for credits.

And since I need a freighter I tried to talk one of my boron brothers into giving me his since i like the color green and all like every other squid I know but negotiations didn't go well and he perished unnecicerally.

I don't think this is gonna go well. Now I'm a dead man as far as I think the Kingdom End planet side navy knows.. wanted for stealing, and now murder... i've also dealt narcotics, sold to pirates, used the black market to get a freight scanner... Hmm what else can i do?

And ya know what gets me is I don't feel guilty about any of it. Because some of these pilots have tried to kill me. And the one boron i murdered had it coming yea. I mean he was in split territory without so much as a turrent or weopon. How did he think he would not be taken advantage of.

I suppose some of you may call me a lowlife, pirate, or whatever and the proper word for me is Andrew The Oppertunist.

still needing a freighter and sat network...

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 23:55

CHAPTER 7: SPLIT POLIECE FORCE

So I'm going undercover. I've gotten the rep I need by protecting split factories (Split Distinguished associate) to join the poliece force. My account after doing missions sits at 175K credits.

...... I had an unfortunate incident. i had just capped a freighter and it got hit by a stray missle destroying it :(

I bought a split M4 for 60K secound hand and fit it with 1 HEPT which is all i could afford. I sold all my other ships. It holds M class wares. I'm going to drop sats in pirate ally then head up to teladie territory and get a trading system extention, best buys, best sells locator!

Things are looking up.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 3. Nov 10, 17:53

This thread is full of oversize images. So instead of wasting my time going through and turning them all into links, I'm going to lock it. Mr. Reeves, if you want this thread reopened, them PM me and I'll give you a short time to resize them. Otherwise, it goes south.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “Creative Universe”