[MOD] jc hud v1.1 for x3tc and x3ap (updated 29th march 2013)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

psyclon

Post by psyclon » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 12:25

An excellent HUD! For me personally the best feature is the muting of the menu sounds, hallelujah! :)
"Cobras are overpowered" - said no Cobra owner ever

Centurion2008
x3tc

Post by Centurion2008 » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 13:50

:D

The Screen Shots do not do this mod Justice, Its perfect very well done!

when dealing with 500 factories and ships this mod really helps the visual experience, and as a bonus to my shock it did not make my game modified!! applied as fake patch.

very well done Thank You

bolgimo

Post by bolgimo » Fri, 10. May 13, 17:46

Centurion2008 wrote::D

The Screen Shots do not do this mod Justice, Its perfect very well done!

when dealing with 500 factories and ships this mod really helps the visual experience, and as a bonus to my shock it did not make my game modified!! applied as fake patch.

very well done Thank You
thanks heaps glad you like it. i didn't intentionally set out to make it not modify the original game, but i'm glad it doesn't affect modified status

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sat, 18. May 13, 03:58

This GUI is very nice. I think it has been overlooked by most on this board but I'm glad I found it. I'm as impressed by the small touches in this mod as the most obvious ones. The Devil is in the details, they say. Then this GUI is devilishly good.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

bolgimo

Post by bolgimo » Thu, 30. May 13, 18:21

surferx wrote:I'm as impressed by the small touches in this mod as the most obvious ones. The Devil is in the details, they say. Then this GUI is devilishly good.
i'm glad you noticed! it's been years of development, tweaking pixels one at a time - i spent a week once just repainting the m3 ship icon over and over

i still don't actually know how to play X3 properly; every time i sit down to put some serious time into it, i get about a dozen ships going and then start tweaking my gui again. I only just found out about THE HUB

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 30. May 13, 19:08

bolgimo wrote:i still don't actually know how to play X3 properly; every time i sit down to put some serious time into it, i get about a dozen ships going and then start tweaking my gui again. I only just found out about THE HUB
Now *that* is funny! :)

I love your HUD, too. A lot.

I use it along with the transparent background from ys-gui, but it is perhaps complicated for most players to extract the .cat's from ys-gui's unusual .exe. So it would be nice if you could build transparent menus into jc-hud.

If you do not know what I am talking about, then open ys-gui1.5.exe with an archive tool (such as 7-zip) and extract the b.cat/b.dat.

YS-GUI HUD (Dead link)

ys-gui1.5 mirror on x1tp

Paddyy
x3ap

Post by Paddyy » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 19:11

I wonder if it's possible to add more specific quest indicator icons. Something more specific than the lightbulb would be awesome.
If that's possible I would love to spend time on greating these icons. It's just that I have no clue on how to script...

Great hud btw!

bolgimo

Post by bolgimo » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 10:35

DrBullwinkle wrote: I use it along with the transparent background from ys-gui, but it is perhaps complicated for most players to extract the .cat's from ys-gui's unusual .exe. So it would be nice if you could build transparent menus into jc-hud.

If you do not know what I am talking about, then open ys-gui1.5.exe with an archive tool (such as 7-zip) and extract the b.cat/b.dat.
not quite sure what you mean by Transparent Menus but i'll take a look at it now; the menus are already transparent by an alpha layer?

Paddyy wrote: I wonder if it's possible to add more specific quest indicator icons. Something more specific than the lightbulb would be awesome.
If that's possible I would love to spend time on greating these icons. It's just that I have no clue on how to script...
there's only five mission indicator icons and i haven't delved into how they're utilised. i'd imagine that new indicators would have to be added to icondata and then called by the mission director

PromX
x4

beaut

Post by PromX » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 11:50

Beautiful, thank you :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 12:05

bolgimo wrote:
DrBullwinkle wrote:If you do not know what I am talking about, then open ys-gui1.5.exe with an archive tool (such as 7-zip) and extract the b.cat/b.dat.
not quite sure what you mean by Transparent Menus but i'll take a look at it now; the menus are already transparent by an alpha layer?
Perhaps "more transparent" would be more precise? Try it and I think you will see what I mean. It is a small change, but it is the perfect combination -- at least for my eyes.

bolgimo

Post by bolgimo » Wed, 26. Jun 13, 02:55

DrBullwinkle wrote:Perhaps "more transparent" would be more precise? Try it and I think you will see what I mean. It is a small change, but it is the perfect combination -- at least for my eyes.
i took a look at it and now understand what you mean.

i don't like the too transparent effect myself - it feels a bit too noisy when stuff is going on in the background and detracts me from what i'm trying to do with the currently open window. so I prefer the windows to be more opaque than transparent.

but since I love using your scripts, I've made an addon just for you!

this mod just contains the modified interface_template_blackpearl_diff.dds; put it in as a fake patch immediately after jchud:
download jchud v1.2 DrBullwinkle addon

the screenshots are bigger than the file, haha
screen1
screen2
screen3
screen4

screenshot 4 shows my point earlier; the ship icons and brackets in the background are showing through the window itself and it looks a bit messy.

but if it works for you then that's great!

Stockinger
x3ap

Post by Stockinger » Mon, 22. Jul 13, 17:58

Thank you for this great HUD overhaul :!:

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 24. Oct 13, 23:33

I've been using this mod for a while, but I recently I have noticed a slight problem with it. Had this gui installed with XTC and everything worked fine. Recently XTC got updated to 2.2 and when this hud is in use all menu UI are gone, previously they were present. If I'll remove the hud all ui sounds are back. Where the problem? As far as I know XTC patch 2.2 doesn't alter any sound files...
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

bolgimo

Post by bolgimo » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 10:22

Sorkvild wrote:I've been using this mod for a while, but I recently I have noticed a slight problem with it. Had this gui installed with XTC and everything worked fine. Recently XTC got updated to 2.2 and when this hud is in use all menu UI are gone, previously they were present. If I'll remove the hud all ui sounds are back. Where the problem? As far as I know XTC patch 2.2 doesn't alter any sound files...
some of the ui clicks and beeps and bloops have been replaced by blank sounds. you could try removing the sounds from the mod using x3editor2

blacktoe
x3

Post by blacktoe » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 19:11

Very nice HUD. Thanx!

cdk
x4

Post by cdk » Sun, 15. Oct 17, 21:19

Excellent work, I love this HUD! Too bad I didn't find it earlier...
Läßt mich dieser Raumanzug dick aussehen?

magic8
x3ap

Re: [MOD] jc hud v1.1 for x3tc and x3ap (updated 29th march 2013)

Post by magic8 » Wed, 2. Jan 19, 11:24

Just started a nostalgiatrip on X3TC and found this...

Awesome work! I really like it and on top: no "modified" when using it. Works like charm with the "no_modified_cockpits" mod.

Thank you for your great UI work!

cheers
Yes, I love playing X with cockpits - This Space is for Rent

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”