[MOD] jc hud v1.1 for x3tc and x3ap (updated 29th march 2013)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sheathanaich

Post by Sheathanaich » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 20:55

A much improved GUI........

Extremely clean and effective. I'm using with AP and it looks very cool.

Kudos
Clan Shaw - "Sons of the Thane"
Mic an Toiseach

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 16:22

Thanks for the AP update.

Definitely the best HUD you can get here! :thumb_up:
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Marvos
x3tc

Post by Marvos » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:24

I've noticed that the sidebar texture seems to be missing in-game, only the buttons are visible.

After opening up the .cat to extract the "interface_template_blackpearl_diff.dds" and opening that in photoshop, I see that there are a lot of things "missing".

As in, the alpha layer is covering things other than the background. Three such examples are the sidebar texture, the backgrounds of all the window corner buttons and the orange exclamation mark that appears next to the text when the game has a tutorial tip for you, in the upper right corner.

Is this intended? I can't help but feel that I'll be missing some important information in-game because so many elements are covered with alpha.

Could this be fixed to show more?

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:55

It's about keeping it minimal without the sidebar, only buttons are necessary.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Marvos
x3tc

Post by Marvos » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 13:58

Marvos wrote:I can't help but feel that I'll be missing some important information in-game because so many elements are covered with alpha.
So nothing important is covered?

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 15:14

The only 'missing' feature is ugly sidebar but this is intentional.

HUD for TC is flawless.

I haven't tested the AP version of the HUD until now. Author forgot to include icons appearing after expanding the stock exchange menu. All texts are in place but icons are missing, please fix it.
We want the Boron back!

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Mon, 30. Jul 12, 09:58

Thanks for 1.1! I was using 1.0 for quite some time and the only thing that I changed there was that big ugly incoming missile icon - now I see you didn't like that one much either :)
Awesome UI - highly recommended.
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
---Mark Twain---

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 19:11

Bolgimo,

You removed menu/click sounds by personal preference, can you point me to a quick edit I can make to tweak those I do like back in?

Or would it involve a total remake?

Thanks again for awesome work

Marvos
x3tc

Post by Marvos » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 19:20

Spoidz, download this
http://x3e2.doubleshadow.wz.cz/

And open up this gui's .cat file. Inside you will find some sounds. Those are just silent empty audio files that replace the sounds you're missing. Remove them from the .cat file and your sounds should come back.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 20:21

Marvos,

Thanks, that was an easy fix, I hadn't gotten very far and didn't know how many other sounds were changed.

Cheers

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Sun, 23. Sep 12, 08:33

Wow, this hud looks fantastic. I'm glad this got bumped back up to the front page.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 29. Sep 12, 11:25

Very nice HUD.

bolgimo

Post by bolgimo » Fri, 29. Mar 13, 14:15

Sorkvild wrote:I haven't tested the AP version of the HUD until now. Author forgot to include icons appearing after expanding the stock exchange menu. All texts are in place but icons are missing, please fix it.
updated to v1.2 to fix this, thanks for feedback and sorry for the long delay

Binesi
x3ap

Post by Binesi » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 02:00

This is the most elegant and functional GUI mod to be found for X3 TC/AP. The radar graphic is brilliant. I am surprised it hasn't gotten more attention! It wasn't very easy to find...

Thanks for making this!

ManiakNL
x3ap

Post by ManiakNL » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 11:11

Looks awesome! Will try!

psyclon

Post by psyclon » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 12:25

An excellent HUD! For me personally the best feature is the muting of the menu sounds, hallelujah! :)
"Cobras are overpowered" - said no Cobra owner ever

Centurion2008
x3tc

Post by Centurion2008 » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 13:50

:D

The Screen Shots do not do this mod Justice, Its perfect very well done!

when dealing with 500 factories and ships this mod really helps the visual experience, and as a bonus to my shock it did not make my game modified!! applied as fake patch.

very well done Thank You

bolgimo

Post by bolgimo » Fri, 10. May 13, 17:46

Centurion2008 wrote::D

The Screen Shots do not do this mod Justice, Its perfect very well done!

when dealing with 500 factories and ships this mod really helps the visual experience, and as a bonus to my shock it did not make my game modified!! applied as fake patch.

very well done Thank You
thanks heaps glad you like it. i didn't intentionally set out to make it not modify the original game, but i'm glad it doesn't affect modified status

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sat, 18. May 13, 03:58

This GUI is very nice. I think it has been overlooked by most on this board but I'm glad I found it. I'm as impressed by the small touches in this mod as the most obvious ones. The Devil is in the details, they say. Then this GUI is devilishly good.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

bolgimo

Post by bolgimo » Thu, 30. May 13, 18:21

surferx wrote:I'm as impressed by the small touches in this mod as the most obvious ones. The Devil is in the details, they say. Then this GUI is devilishly good.
i'm glad you noticed! it's been years of development, tweaking pixels one at a time - i spent a week once just repainting the m3 ship icon over and over

i still don't actually know how to play X3 properly; every time i sit down to put some serious time into it, i get about a dozen ships going and then start tweaking my gui again. I only just found out about THE HUB

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”