I got me a Khaak!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

philip_hughes
x3tc

I got me a Khaak!

Post by philip_hughes » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 17:06

Dunno how many years I have played this game for, but I have not captured a solitary khaak ship... UNTIL NOW!

I now have a slightly second hand Khaak fighter!

Now to arm the darn thing....
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Re: I got me a Khaak!

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 17:16

philip_hughes wrote: Now to arm the darn thing....
Good luck. It can only use weapons that can only be obtained from Kha'ak stations.

Unless you mod the game, of course.

EuRoKa
x4

Post by EuRoKa » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 17:20

TheCoolSideofthePillow wrote:
Good luck. It can only use weapons that can only be obtained from Kha'ak stations.

or cap some more armed kha'ak ships
XR Station Match Finder 1.1 <-- check ideal station combinations (for best use of mass-traffic)/production/resources + ware finder.

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 17:22

N.Y.X wrote:

or cap some more armed kha'ak ships
How often does that even happen? lol

I don't think I have ever gotten a pilot to bail on a ship that still had lasers or shields installed on it. :(

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 17:34

How often does that even happen? lol

I don't think I have ever gotten a pilot to bail on a ship that still had lasers or shields installed on it. :(
For regular ships, in my past games, pretty often. I'd frequently be left with a half loadout of weapons, a full loadout of shields, or dribs and drabs of both... Of course, my new game, the RNG is against me, as I've only managed to capture two ships out of fifty-odd... Both naked as the day they were spawned.

Still, congrats Phil.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 17:42

You can get weapons from it by blowing up Khaak capitals, and pray to the RNG gods that they favor you. I got currently 1 GKE, 2BKE and 3 AKE, all drops from Khaak capital ships. Still it's a very rare occurance. Don't have a Khaak ship yet to install those things tho....

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 17:50

I've heard that the higher your fight rank, the more likely the destroyed/capped ship is to drop/have weapons.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 17:58

Starlight_Corporation wrote:You can get weapons from it by blowing up Khaak capitals, and pray to the RNG gods that they favor you. I got currently 1 GKE, 2BKE and 3 AKE, all drops from Khaak capital ships. Still it's a very rare occurance. Don't have a Khaak ship yet to install those things tho....
Oh yeah. I forgot sometimes capital ships will also drop weapons/shields as cargo.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 21:44

TheCoolSideofthePillow wrote:....
Oh yeah. I forgot sometimes capital ships will also drop weapons/missiles as cargo.
There, corrected. :wink: Capital ships never drop shields, since they only drop stuff that's not equipped when they're killed. And I've never seen a capital ship with spare shields.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 22:20

DAM U! I'm yet to cap a Kha'ak fighter :cry:
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 22:55

you_rebel_scum wrote:DAM U! I'm yet to cap a Kha'ak fighter :cry:
you wont like this then, one of my old saves. They are fully equipped as well and no mods or scripts and no phq.
http://images.ukcs.net/10412/oldsave.JPG

To the forum mods, the image is 889 x 508 pixels if its to big let me know and i will sort it :)
Gaming PC
Mobo - Asus P8Z77-V - CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2ghz
HSF - Corsair H100 - GFX - GTX-470
Memory - 8gig Corsair Vengence Black DDR3 @ 1600mhz
Monitor - BenQ 2400HD 24"
Case - CM Storm Stryker

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 23:06

Nanook wrote:
Oh yeah. I forgot sometimes capital ships will also drop weapons/missiles as cargo.
There, corrected. :wink: Capital ships never drop shields, since they only drop stuff that's not equipped when they're killed. And I've never seen a capital ship with spare shields.
Maybe it's a mod, but I killed something and it dropped a few 5mj shields into space. Can't imagine what mod it could be other than perhaps the NPC Bailing Addon.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 00:06

gandy|UKCS| wrote:...

To the forum mods, the image is 889 x 508 pixels if its to big let me know and i will sort it :)
Being a link, it can be any size you like. It's only when you post it as an image on the forum that the posting rules apply. So you're just fine. :)
Nanook wrote:
Maybe it's a mod, but I killed something and it dropped a few 5mj shields into space. Can't imagine what mod it could be other than perhaps the NPC Bailing Addon.
Freighters carrying shields as cargo will sometimes drop them. Maybe that's what you killed.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 00:20

Nanook wrote:
gandy|UKCS| wrote:...

Being a link, it can be any size you like. It's only when you post it as an image on the forum that the posting rules apply. So you're just fine. :)
Nanook wrote:
Freighters carrying shields as cargo will sometimes drop them. Maybe that's what you killed.
Maybe. I get confused by the class icons sometimes; and some are just messed up. I have a couple of TPs that show the M5 icon XD

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 00:33

TheCoolSideofthePillow wrote:...
Maybe. I get confused by the class icons sometimes; and some are just messed up. I have a couple of TPs that show the M5 icon XD
In TC, once you've completed a certain plot, you'll get certain M6's also serving as freighters on a regular basis. So 'freighter' can include anything in the TP, TS, M5/M4/M3/M6 classes.

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 01:11

gandy|UKCS| wrote:you wont like this then, one of my old saves. They are fully equipped as well and no mods or scripts and no phq.
I hate u :P
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”