Getting AA to work with new card.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Prettiest Star
x3tc

Getting AA to work with new card.

Post by Prettiest Star » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 14:32

I have a new ATI HD5850, I am using the latest drivers, 10.9, yet I can't seem to get the anti-aliasing to work. I have tried setting it from the game menu with little success, so then I set it from the control panel, switching it off from the game menu, but I still cannot get any anti-aliasing.
Is there a secret X magic remedy?

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 23:25

You need to post your dxDiag .

Prettiest Star
x3tc

Post by Prettiest Star » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 07:25

I am not sure if it is working or not, for instance, in some sectors the space stations look terrible , then in others they look nice. Maybe it has something to do with the different lighting from sector to sector.

What I would like to know is what is the preferred method with ATI users, do they switch things on from the control panel or from within the game? If it is from the control panel, what are the adjustments I should make?

You see I have not owned a ATI card before so I don't really know what I am doing. :?

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 10:51

It really would help if you read the sticky posts and posted a [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url] as requested.

If I tell you I haven't switched any AA settings on the card or the game, and it looks fine to me; does that help? Probably not.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”