Questions about linking Steam account, GOG and the mystery of whether I did actually buy Rebirth (I did!) - Resolved

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alee Enn
x4

Questions about linking Steam account, GOG and the mystery of whether I did actually buy Rebirth (I did!) - Resolved

Post by Alee Enn » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 10:49

So I linked my Steam account with the forum, and I have a lot of the X games linked

But no Rebirth. I remember playing it (only a little, but I still played it) which means I must have bought it.
I looked on Steam, nope, no Rebirth on Steam, and it wasn't on my hard drive anywhere.
So I looked at my GOG account, and yep, it's there. I have my GOG account and Steam linked, but it doesn't seem to link Rebirth ... for some reason.
Colour me sad :(

So does this mean I have to buy it again on Steam to get this forum to recognise I bought it?

(Edit: image is horrible because I resized it to 640 wide, as per this forum's rules. Here is a link to the full size image https://i.imgur.com/Y8gM3S8.jpg )
Formerly "Alien Tech Inc."

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Re: Questions about linking Steam account, GOG and the mystery of whether I did actually buy Rebirth (spoiler, I did!)

Post by Geek » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 13:33

Alien Tech Inc. wrote:
Tue, 2. Oct 18, 10:49
I have my GOG account and Steam linked,
I do not think Egosoft forums support that feature.
Right on commander !

Karl123321
x4

Re: Questions about linking Steam account, GOG and the mystery of whether I did actually buy Rebirth (spoiler, I did!)

Post by Karl123321 » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 14:17

You can look up your cd key on gog and link that key to your forum profile.
Reveal your key as shown in the image and paste it into the field in your profile settings. (The one below your registered games in your screenshot)

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 14:26

Thank you Karl, worked perfectly.
I hope this will help anyone else.

Edit: Also, that was your first post? wow, danke.
Last edited by Alee Enn on Tue, 2. Oct 18, 14:30, edited 2 times in total.

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 14:27

Geek wrote:
Tue, 2. Oct 18, 13:33
Alien Tech Inc. wrote:
Tue, 2. Oct 18, 10:49
I have my GOG account and Steam linked,
I do not think Egosoft forums support that feature.
I was referring to a feature between Steam & GOG ... this forum does, however, allow you to register your Steam & GOG X series games.

Return to “Off Topic English”