could do with some expert advive

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mahadev
x3tc

could do with some expert advive

Post by Mahadev » Sat, 10. Dec 16, 00:00

I hope this goes in the right tread. For some reason when I visit the litcube thread and I want to post a reply it posts it here.

Hello all. I would need some advice from the Pros.

I have played X3 on and off for years and my last game was Litcube. I liked it so much, I thought I start again from scratch.

I have windows 10 of course and a steam account.

This is what I have done:

I did deleted everything that is x3 related from my computer. Logged onto steam and  downloaded x3 tc and albian prelude.

Once done, I downloaded all the content from the litcube site as stated there.

I created a seperat folder somwhere else c:/games/litcube..and pasted the steam installation into there.

I installed the latest  litcube mod and and patch, guc, music and so on into the folder I mentioned.

I downloaded the non steam EXE from the official site, making sure my game is registered which it was.

Extrated it and pasted it into the c:/games/litcube /terran conflict folder to overwrite the original EXE.

Created a shortcut and went into properties and added "-language  44"

Started the game and the little window with Albion prelude pops up like normal and a second small window pops up underneath saying:

"Incorrect version of EXE file detected.  Please make sure that your game contend is up to date and that you use the newest avaliable file EXE. The current version may not function correctly. "

The funny bit is that when I choose "ok", the game loads and all is fine. I played for two hours and no problems. Even the cockpit mod works fine which I also installed.

What have I done wrong. I tried very hard to follow all steps from the installation site and there is something I must have done wrong. The game does not seem to be affected but it is annoying when I start the game that this little window pops up.
Last edited by Mahadev on Sat, 10. Dec 16, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 10. Dec 16, 00:04

1. post to the LU thread
2. you haven't done anything wrong, just ignore that error. Litcube has fixed the problem in the yet unreleased future patch (I think).
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Mahadev
x3tc

Post by Mahadev » Sat, 10. Dec 16, 00:09

Ah... Whow. What a quick reply. Thank you very much. I did think I done the installation wrong. Now I know.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 10. Dec 16, 00:31

If you know what you're doing and are annoyed enough by that error you can try to fix it yourself:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 66#4631666
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 10. Dec 16, 08:55

As the question has been answered, I'm closing this thread. If you have problems posting in a particular thread or forum, please delete your browser cache. Afterwards it should work again.

**closed**

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”