Never dock a Springblossom in a Large Split Shipyard.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Malaclypseredring
x3tc

Never dock a Springblossom in a Large Split Shipyard.

Post by Malaclypseredring » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 00:28

I just docked in a large split shipyard in Zyarths Dominion using a docking computer.

Upon "undocking" from the shipyard, The Springblossom is unable to exit the station because it can't fit through the hanger doors.

:lol:

Now I have to buy another ship(not really a big deal, but still) just to leave the sector and not have collision/explosion/gameover upon undocking my M6.

You have been warned.

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 00:29

Or undock using autopillock. (Navigation menu - move to position if needs be)

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 01:32

Yes, either 1. command it to dock at another station or move to a position, or 2. buy a cheap fighter, transfer yourself into it, exit the sector, undock the Springblossom, enter the sector again, get inside the Springblossom and get rid of that cheap ship.
Of course the first solution is the cheapest, both credits- and time-wise.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Principalities, against Powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Zaixionito
x4

Post by Zaixionito » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 01:44

Same sorta thing with Hyperion Vanguard, and Boron Super Shipyard.

After trying to wrench myself loose, I used a jumpdrive. ;)

Darkwolf_187
x4

Post by Darkwolf_187 » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 01:58

Yeah, this happened to me :D

I managed to undock after a number of attempts by punching the turbo boost to blast clear of the doors before they closed on my Springblossom.

I think it's because you dock into the wrong docking ports. You dock into the fighter bay (which is internal to the shipyard) instead of on the outside docking clamps where an M6 is supposed to go.

Jerald
x4

Post by Jerald » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 02:27

That happened to my springblossom. It wasn't until I auto docked to another station, that I was able to get free.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 04:37

I'm not sure if the spring blossom can handle the initial impact, but the hyperion can survive the first impact of hitting opening doors. If you get lucky and strafe down...you might survive.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 08:20

Wierd,I never had problems undocking from that shipyard with my Springy.

jwrealing
x3tc

Post by jwrealing » Thu, 2. Sep 10, 04:05

This happen to me with a Vidar! I was running TC 2.0, never had the problem again since I updated.

Betheball
x3ap

Post by Betheball » Thu, 2. Sep 10, 09:55

Zaixionito wrote:Same sorta thing with Hyperion Vanguard, and Boron Super Shipyard.

After trying to wrench myself loose, I used a jumpdrive. ;)
Yep, I had this problem today. Got out by doing the buy another ship trick, but will try the autopilot trick next time.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 2. Sep 10, 11:51

Commanding the craft to idle will allow it to leave the shipyard, l, c, 1, 1 is the keystroke command combination I use.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Thu, 2. Sep 10, 13:17

I just pop up the sector map and autopilot dock at another station in the sector. Overide autopilot two seconds later once clear of the SSY.

Docking and undocking at stations is one of the few times autopilot does something right....Most of the time.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Thu, 2. Sep 10, 14:13

Happens sometimes yes. but more likely is to die when you undock from your HQ. argh!
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”