[Request] Double Transporter Range?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ptb_ptb

[Request] Double Transporter Range?

Post by ptb_ptb » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 20:15

Is it possible to alter the transporter range with a script or mod?
(i.e. the value returned by
<RetVar> = get transporter range
)

Basically the following mod seems to use the transporter range to check if you are close enough to a station to trade.

[2010-04-02][TC/AP]Transporter trade by cyberfuzzie

The problem being that it isn't possible to get to within 5km of some of the really big stations (esp. Terran stations).

I thought it might be in globals.txt ... but darned if I can get my head around looking through / creating .cat/.dat files.

The following mod increases comm range to 500km, so I am hoping it wouldn't be too hard to do something similar for transporter range.
[2009-02-15][TC/AP]500km Comm Range Mod by argon_emperor

(P.S. I would be great if I could have _both_ transporter and comm range increased - instead of having to pick one :P)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 20:19

There's an entry for the transporter range in the globals.txt file. That's the same file that is also modified in the 500 km Comm range mod. Check the types folder.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 20:34

X2-Illuminatus wrote:There's an entry for the transporter range in the globals.txt file. Check the types folder.
OK I've found the file, can view the text (using X3 Editor 2), and managed to extract Globals.pck (it seems to be a plain text file despite the .pck extension). I can edit the values OK. But I don't know how to recompress it and stick it in a .cat/.dat file as a Fake Patch.

[EDIT] Hmm .... nevermind, I think I've got it now. I'll just give it a test.

[EDITx2] Er, nope. Didn't work.

However now that I knew to look for 'BEAMING' not 'TRANSPORTER' I found it in the 'Edit Game Globals' menu of the advanced Plugin Manager (thanks Cycrow) so I think I should be OK.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 20:47

another way is if you run the plugin manager in advanced mode, then in the advanced menu there is an option to edit the globals

then it'll create and merge the globals file automatically with your changes

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 20:51

Cycrow wrote:another way is if you run the plugin manager in advanced mode, then in the advanced menu there is an option to edit the globals

then it'll create and merge the globals file automatically with your changes
Ha-ha. I somehow think you didn't get to the end of my post ... "However now that I knew to look for 'BEAMING' not 'TRANSPORTER' I found it in the 'Edit Game Globals' menu of the advanced Plugin Manager (thanks Cycrow) so I think I should be OK."

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 13. Nov 12, 23:01

indeed, i missed that bit :P

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”