[TC] Tractor Beam...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jonnyincognito
x3tc

Tractor Beam...

Post by jonnyincognito » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 05:48

Alright, it would appear that I am unable to locate the tractor beam, possibly because God removed it. Is the only place that sells one at the start in third redem? It's not available there now...any idea how I can get one otherwise? Floating in space maybe, or a ship that comes equipped with one standard? :)

Thanks,
Joshua

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 05:59

yes, its the only place.

the shipyard in the same sector sells the station :) so buy it for yourself or wait for a build mission that asks you to make one.

froger
x4

Post by froger » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 07:01

here is a question of my own and a do apoligize for this intruion.can you darg ships with the tb and if so how small can the ship be

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 09:03

I believe you can tow ships with the TB (apparently notably most useful with the Aran), but I don't know if there is a size limit to it though. However, when you tow something, your speed (no matter the ship you're flying) will always be capped at 80m/s. If the ship you're towing moves faster than that, then it might be a little pointless to tow it.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

mordtech
x3tc

Post by mordtech » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 14:04

i'm assuming you need it for the aldrin mission? anyway, when i was at that stage god had removed mine as well, so i had to buy a TB fab, stock it up and guess what.. it produces TB's in fives so i had to wait around 2 days for the production to finish before i could continue the mission. the only positive memory i have of the whole dreary experience was the audio of the self destruct claxon as i destroyed the station :D which obviously wasn't strictly necessary, but produced immense satisfaction.
split alive!

jonnyincognito
x3tc

Post by jonnyincognito » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 04:29

Nah, I went to move some asteroids. I've decided I'm going to mobile mine the heck out of some for the HUB plot. Problem is, I wanted to split them up into groups by type so that I didn't have ships loading needless rocks. if all the ore rocks are on one side and all the silicon on the other side of a sector, and I locate them to that side first, hopefully they won't collect the wrong stuff.

Eh..I don't want to build a station either! I'm mobile mining just to avoid that! Heh. The secondary solution is currently only mining one type of rock in a sector.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 22:33

You can't tow empty asteroids. Only ones that you've placed a mine on.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jonnyincognito
x3tc

Post by jonnyincognito » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 05:04

Nanook wrote:You can't tow empty asteroids. Only ones that you've placed a mine on.
Well, I suppose that will keep me from using them as a door to block gates now too...darn it!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 11:12

jonnyincognito wrote: Well, I suppose that will keep me from using them as a door to block gates now too...darn it!
That wouldn't have worked even if you COULD drag asteroids, unless you never intended to leave the sector again...there's no collision detection OOS, so ships would fly through the asteroid like it wasn't there.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”