[TC] Quick Goner Plot Q and M7M Q meow

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RicoOcho
xr

Quick Goner Plot Q and M7M Q meow

Post by RicoOcho » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 20:03

Ok so ive been somewhat doing the goner plot...sort of
im gonna put the spoiler thing here for my issue and so i wont get massacred
Spoiler
Show
so i am at the part where you have to deliver the 60 squash mines...i destroyed the galleon that flies around there then jumped out...waited couple days and after getting the 60 mines (took forever) tried to deliver them..well every-time i enter the pirate sector i get greeted by fighters and that sorry excuse for an m7 the carrack...so i jump in some m2's fight breaks out and i get cool stuff in the end//anyways it wont let me dock afterwards at the pirate base...any ideas?
Spoiler
Show

as for the m7m's finally bought one, well two..the minotaur and aquilo..im produsing flails and hammers so my q is...how does the ai determine what missile to launch at what target? i know you can set the turrets but i didnt see if you can load flails in one and hammers in the other

thanks
An object in motion, stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force.
Sir Isaac Newton, The meanest person in space.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 20:41

Epic spoiler fail here :D
For the docking part you should try to com the sation or maybe the Docking computer. If it doesn't work you'll have to hack the station.

I'm guessing the q here is for Question and not Q. The AI doesn't determine anything about those missiles, you have to equip them from the cargo menu, select the missile and equip it (no per turret bank missile selection). When an AI uses the ship you'll see it doesn't spam the missiles, even at 100 % probability, so the best way is to use the MIssile Barrage command in the extra command of the command panel.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 21:17

You need a "/spoiler" in the brackets at the end.
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 21:28

Epic spoiler fail here :D
:rofl: :thumb_up:

Zaixionito
x4

Re: Quick Goner Plot Q and M7M Q meow

Post by Zaixionito » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 21:52

RicoOcho wrote:Ok so ive been somewhat doing the goner plot...sort of
im gonna put the spoiler thing here for my issue and so i wont get massacred
Spoiler
Show
so i am at the part where you have to deliver the 60 squash mines...i destroyed the galleon that flies around there then jumped out...waited couple days and after getting the 60 mines (took forever) tried to deliver them..well every-time i enter the pirate sector i get greeted by fighters and that sorry excuse for an m7 the carrack...so i jump in some m2's fight breaks out and i get cool stuff in the end//anyways it wont let me dock afterwards at the pirate base...any ideas?
as for the m7m's finally bought one, well two..the minotaur and aquilo..im produsing flails and hammers so my q is...how does the ai determine what missile to launch at what target? i know you can set the turrets but i didnt see if you can load flails in one and hammers in the other

thanks
Also, I hate to be nonconstructive, but what is with the "meow" I really, really, despise cats... Both wild and "domestic"... So... ... ... ... . .. . . .. . .....

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Quick Goner Plot Q and M7M Q meow

Post by Nanook » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 21:59

RicoOcho wrote:...
so i am at the part where you have to deliver the 60 squash mines...i destroyed the galleon that flies around there then jumped out...waited couple days and after getting the 60 mines (took forever) tried to deliver them..well every-time i enter the pirate sector i get greeted by fighters and that sorry excuse for an m7 the carrack...so i jump in some m2's fight breaks out and i get cool stuff in the end//anyways it wont let me dock afterwards at the pirate base...any ideas?...
No need for spoiler tags, this is the spoiler forum. :wink:

Anyway, there are two pirate bases in that sector. One is the normal base that appears at the start of the game. It is not the base you're looking for. That would be the second base, a ways off in the distance, usually to the south of the main base. You can tell them apart by the fact that the main base has things for sale and the plot one doesn't. The reason the main base is red is because the pirates hate your guts for shooting them all the time. :P The other one starts out red but at some point lets you dock anyway.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 22:06

epic spoiler fail indeed :lol:
.anywho after the fail...well when i jump in i see the target figure above the pirate base...but since i have to fight my way there it disappears after the blood bath..thats where i am stuck

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 22:11

Check your pilot or mission log for details. Quite likely you missed some communication while you were having fun with the Carack and its buddies. Try simply flying up close to the station, preferably with your weapons off, and see if there are further instructions. At some point, you should be requested to dock at the base.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 22:30

ill try that and see if it works....i can talk to the dude that needs the mines but the dockware manager person doesnt give me the option to dock...but yeah ill give it another go

Madw0lf
x3

Post by Madw0lf » Mon, 12. Jul 10, 22:53

RicoOcho wrote:epic spoiler fail indeed :lol:
.anywho after the fail...well when i jump in i see the target figure above the pirate base...but since i have to fight my way there it disappears after the blood bath..thats where i am stuck
The mission icon? Why would that disapear, though...

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 14:21

i dunno..i see it when i jump in but after i kill every pirate that tries to kill me it goes away

Madw0lf
x3

Post by Madw0lf » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 17:04

Just to be clear, its not the red combat mission icon is it?

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 18:23

actually yes that is..i havent seen the book lately

Madw0lf
x3

Post by Madw0lf » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 18:57

Yea, IIRC, that icon isnt part of the plot. You sure youre going to the right station? Or that you have to atm? Check your mission list (p + ENTER) It may help to turn on the guidance if you arent using it. :)

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 00:09

yeah its the same one..unless it changed and i just havent been paying attention

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 00:19

You shouldn't be getting generic mission icons from the plot pirate base, I don't believe, but you will from the other pirate base in that sector. Do you see two bases? If not, you haven't gone far enough and found the plot one. It's to the southwest or so of the normal base, well beyond sensor range of the gate and probably hidden behind some of the closer asteroids.

Zypherg
x4

Post by Zypherg » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 00:40

oh, never mind :P
Split say:"you fly with too little speed, or too much weed"

RicoOcho
xr

Post by RicoOcho » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 09:17

i see the base as soon as i jump in ...and i only see it if it has an icon on it, in this case either the book or a target

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”