[AL Plugin] Revelation, by Litcube - V 0.85b (Beta)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Litcube
xr

[AL Plugin] Revelation, by Litcube - V 0.85b (Beta)

Post by Litcube » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 19:05

Revelation v0.85b (Beta)
Apocalypse
n.
1. Great or total devastation; doom.
2. A prophetic disclosure; a revelation.

[ external image ]

Thanks to sergoba, who has spent time creating the Omicron Channel Sectors with the Vanilla style map: if you DO NOT want your Universe map to be flattened, use this CAT file instead of the one contained in the download above: Vanilla Style Galaxy Map For Revelations

Updates & versions at bottom of this post!

Backstory

-Date: 768-05-01-

Foreign Minister Keeli: "Ladies and gentlemen, thank for you coming. I realize you've been waiting in this room a while. Please accept my apologies. We had to clear up minor details in the back. Members of the press, colleagues; welcome."

Reporter: "Are we starting?"

Keeli: "We're starting."

[Room goes silent]

Keeli, pausing: "Working in total secrecy, an unprecedented diplomatic mission has been quietly underway at the far edge of the Universe. We can now safely confirm the rumours that you've been hearing: several months ago, a jump-gate was located in the Eastern space of Bluish Snout by an Argon pilot name Flot Bro. What he found was a series of new sectors, connected in a chain, leading to previously unknown space. We call these sectors the Omicron Channel."

[Room erupts; pointed questions, shouting]

Keeli: "Please - if we can keep questions until the end. Thank you."

[Room goes silent]

Keeli: "Thank you. Learning from past mistakes, the Kingdom of Boron, the Paranid Empire, the Split Dynasty, the Teladi Company, and the Argon Federation convened in Getsu Fune shortly after the discovery, to organize what we now refer to as the Omicron Channel Symposium. The purpose of this symposium was to fairly and equally distribute the newly discovery sectors in a manner that would minimize the impact of potential tensions in Boron space. Brave members of the Commonwealth have been working hard over several months to establish a foothold in this new and exciting frontier. We are very close to opening this to the general public, and hope that trade will flourish with what the Omicron Channel holds in store for the Universe."

Reporter: "Minister, can you confirm reports that a Boron expedition has found a very dangerous threat deep within this channel? What the rumours are calling danger -"

[Briefly, Keeli glances to his left]

Keeli: "Folks, my apologies, but we'll have to cut this short. Again, thank you for coming, we will update you in the near future."

[Room erupts; pointed questions, shouting, as the Minister leaves the room]

[ external image ]

What is it?

- Creates 12 new sectors, the Omicron Channel, just East of Bluish Snout (will be created upon installing files; turning on the plugin not required for this to take place).
- All sectors have custom names, descriptions.
- The closest thing to Armageddon you've seen yet in the X-Universe will ensue.
- OCV ships will establish a base (Xenon Station) in Unkown Sector Omega, at the end of the channel. You will be issued a warning for this.
- The station will "generate" the wares Deuterium, Plutonium, and Chemicals.
- The station will produce ships to protect the sector, using these wares.
- Once the station has produced enough ships and wares, it will spread, invading the adjacent sector with half of its amassed forces.
- If all enemy entities are destroyed in the adjacent sector during the ensuing battle, the sector ownership will be transfered to the Xenon, and they establish a base.
- This new base will ferry the three wares from the home sector base back to the new base, and the process will start again.
- Only the home sector Xenon Station base will "generate" wares. All others will require transports.
- There is no limit to the spread. They will overtake the entire Universe if left unchecked.
- Periodically, you will be sent messages asked to take part in the defence of a sector when the OCV is reportedly spreading.
- Periodically, you will be sent a message asked to take part in an insurgency, or an attempt to retake an established sector from the OCV.
- Volunteers will be jumping in to assist on these missions.
- This plugin is intended for mid-late game., though it's very safe to start at any time. The OCV takes time to spread.
- Time it took for the whole Omicron Channel to be infected on a non-stop SETA test:
Spoiler
Show
Bluish Snout was taken at in-game time: 2 Days, 23:27 into the initiation of the plugin.

Some Terminology

- Omicron Channel Sectors: The 12 sectors found to the East of Blush Snout several months ago. Name so after to discoverer's home.
- OCV: Omicron Channel Virus. The name given to the insidious force using Xenon and old Terraformer ships.
- Omicron Channel Symposium: The diplomatic talks held at Gentsu Fune, where all these sectors where doled out. Held in private, unknown to the public.

Installation & Tech details

- There are 4 folders, "scripts", "t", "director", "maps". It also contains a false patch, currently called "13.cat" & "13.dat". This false patch should be appropriately numbered for a non-modified game right now. If not, read this: How to install a false patch
- See NOTES for more info on this false patch.
- Unpack the contents into your directory. Once completed, turn on the plugin in your AL Plugins configuration when you want to start Revelation.
- T file: 8385, pageid 8385.
- As per S&M rules: These scripts/models are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you say thankyou in your topic
- Turning off this plugin will remove all entities created by Revelation, but will not remove the sectors created. Once you start a game with these files installed, the director file "Revelation.xml" will create the sectors, and they're there to stay (if you save your game, of course). With the plugin turned off, the Omicron Channel Sectors will act just like any other sector in the Universe; there for you to trade. All happy and peacful.
- Note that turning off this plugin will also revert any OCV established sectors back to their original owners. Like nothing ever happened.
- To uninstall, turn off the plugin. Wait for the swoosh sound. Delete all installed files. Again, the sectors create will remain, but they're now just normal sectors.

Performance

Again, I take great care in reducing the impact of my plugins on a player's already established game. I don't want to interfere with the way you do other things in the Universe (trade, fight, etc.). This isn't the only thing you'll be spending your time on, after all. This plugin creates A LOT of ships. Therefore, I had to take into account performance while OOS:

- While an enemy is not in an OCV sector, the ships are actually not running any scripts. This will be seamless to you.
- No "All Ship" loops.
- Simple and custom patrol scripts.

Updates & Versions

0.85b
- Increased Xenon Station shielding, to avoid crossfire wins
- Fixed minor bug with OCV transports being overridden by race logic
- Reduced overall number of OCV ship numbers, increased larger ship ratio to combat 0 / ms bug
- Reduced number of volunteer ships to combat 0 / ms bug
- Capped total amount of volunteer ships, (no more volunteer apocalypse)
- Changed jump in routines; no more insta-death when jumping in via volunteer collisions.
- End of game "null mammoth" spawns fixed.
0.84b
- You shouldn't have seen this bug unless you captured the generated ships, but will not longer destroy playerships upon turning off plugin.
0.83b
- Another packing issue. Forgot to update the .bod when updating the map file for 0.82b. No biggy.
0.82b
- Was previously not compatible with A New Home sector. Now, the map moves around it.
0.81b:
- Packing issue. Woops!
0.8b:
- First release

NOTES
-------

- The false patch contains the "view" for your galaxy map only. It will flatten everything. I'm hoping to get some help on simply keeping the vanilla map's contoured and akward style, but adding the Omicron Channel sectors in there for those who don't like flat maps. If anyone can lend a hand, please do.
Last edited by Litcube on Thu, 24. Nov 11, 00:58, edited 11 times in total.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 19:28

Looks interesting. I'll check with the desire.
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 19:46

Minor observation..... Shouldn't there be a map file in there somewhere???

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 19:48

dillpickle wrote:Minor observation..... Shouldn't there be a map file in there somewhere???
Thanks!

0.81b:
- Packing issue. Woops!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 19:56

Any Idea how this plugin will work with Improoved Races script? Any chance to have compactibile version?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 19:58

mr.WHO wrote:Any Idea how this plugin will work with Improoved Races script? Any chance to have compactibile version?
I should work just fine. The OCV will have a more difficult time spreading, however.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 20:02

The script has several stations in the player, purchased after the end of the story New Home.
Does it work correctly? Because I rather like it. :(
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 20:05

Are you saying that it overwrites sectors from a New Home? I don't play the plots.

Which sectors are created by a New Home?

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 20:05

congrads , this is just amazing ! i was hoping for somthing like this

have a biscuit !
Splits , for the better things in life...

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 20:10

Folks!

It appears as though I've overwritten a New Home sector with my map file.

DO NOT SAVE your game right now.

I'll fix this within an hours or so.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 20:14

Litcube wrote:Are you saying that it overwrites sectors from a New Home? I don't play the plots.
Not entirely replaced, because the industry still belongs to me and his name still remains such that I chose, but as I wrote it created new stations.
Litcube wrote: Which sectors are created by a New Home?
Too bad, because your script may not be compatible with the plot New Home.
The sector created by the New Home has coordinates 20:2:
[ external image ]

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 20:45

Fixed.

0.82b
- Was previously not compatible with A New Home sector. Now, the map moves around it.

Can someone please poke around and check this for me?

Note, you will have to revert to a saved game that existed PRIOR to install these files for this update to take effect. If you saved your game with the new map, you're S.O.L.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 20:49

I'll check right away.
You read the PM?
[ external image ]

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 20:51

I did. Thank you! I got the New Home sector co-ordinates from that, and now the Omicron Channel works *around* that sector.

The gate issue you saw was all because of the original problem.

I look forward to hearing that everything is fixed! :)

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 21:04

I have one suggestion: the transfer of a new gate in the sector Bluish Snout to Ocean of Fantasy (according to what I wrote to PM)
[ external image ]

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 21:11

Yacek wrote:I have one suggestion: the transfer of a new gate in the sector Bluish Snout to Ocean of Fantasy (according to what I wrote to PM)
I understand what youre saying, but i dont believe its necessary. If ego uses those broken gates in the future, i will likely have bigger issues to correct.
Last edited by Litcube on Sun, 11. Jul 10, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

Maddox65

Post by Maddox65 » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 21:21

You Rock,

:lol:

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 21:32

0.83b
- Another packing issue. Forgot to update the .bod when updating the map file for 0.82b. No biggy.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 22:01

Litcube wrote: I understand what youre saying, but i dont believe its necessary. If ego uses those broken gates in the future, i will likely have bigger issues to correct.
Ego can not, but otherwise moders ...
For example, I transformed these gates on the acting :)
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”