[ALP] LV Insurance 1.1 10/7/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[ALP] LV Insurance 1.1 10/7/10

Post by LV » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 17:04

Description : Plugin which offers ability to insure your ships
Version : 1.1 Test
Author : LV

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

LV Insurance is a new command added to your console under the "Custom" Menu

[ external image ]

It allows you to insure your ships against death and then claim a refund if you wish.

On starting the plugin you have two options, Insure Ship Only and Insure Ship & Cargo. You NCD (no claims discount) will be very low when you start meaning you will be paying around 50% of the value, with each ship insured the NCD will lower meaning once you have given my Insurance company enough profits you can insure your ships for much less.

Insured ships gain (I) after the pilot name

Once LV insurance has gained enough profits from you there will be a third option of a "Gold" insurance package. This package does not refund the worth of your ship/ship and cargo but instead gives you a replacement vehicle equipped with the contents of the destroyed ship at the nearest neutral shipyard.

When your have ships destroyed you get the option to claim for the ship which then lowers your NCD or not make a claim which therefore keeps my profits and does not lower your NCD (the decision is yours)

For Gold Package ships the ncd is automatically lowered as the ship is replaced.

Within the menu you can scan which of your ships is insured and how long the policy has left.

You also have the option to insure all ships in a sector and to insure carrier support ships (only available in carrier menu)

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please feedback in relation to policy time (i.e. 1 game day)
costs, money returned and ability to cheat the plugin

I have ways of motivating you not to cheat but have not implemented anything yet.

Also please try to break and bug find before i go 1.0 release

ta

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Install:

Extract with Cycrows Plugin Manager or install manually if you know how (don;t ask if you don't know)

How To Use AL Plugins

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Uninstall: Set the plugin to off in your AL menu and leave it for a good while. once the commands have gone you should be fine to delete.

(language files)

8809-L044.xml

COMMAND_CUSTOM_742
Last edited by LV on Sat, 10. Jul 10, 21:56, edited 3 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 17:40

i allways wanted somthing like this , testing it later .
Realy cool lv !
Splits , for the better things in life...

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 17:50

I have but 3 things to say,

Thank you, thank you and thank you.

MarCon

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 18:04

Great, another “No Claims Bonus” to worry about!

Not made a claim in 5 game years? Get up-to 50% discount. Will not find on any comparison web sites.

:lol:

Class script :)

LA

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 18:07

mark_a_condren wrote:I have but 3 things to say,

Thank you, thank you and thank you.

MarCon
Don't thank me yet, i may just promote you to admiral status to revamp the menu's now your more advanced in this coding area than I

No pressure ;)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 18:24

LV wrote:Don't thank me yet, i may just promote you to admiral status to revamp the menu's now your more advanced in this coding area than I

No pressure :wink:
Gulp .... I've heard what you do to Admirals that fail you ... :skull:

and he says no pressure :(

MarCon

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 20:31

Thank you LV.
But I have a problem. In the AL I have the menu set to enabled, however, no orders ship had not occurred to me to be an additional command to script.
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 20:42

in england there is a insurance company named LV
Splits , for the better things in life...

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 21:29

Yacek

if your using a non english version you will have to rename the t 8809 file to whatever region your using

otherwise, and this goes for anybody else who has dloaded

do it again from the 1.0 links above as i've now added the much needed setup file i've just realised i didn't before

:oops:

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 21:39

I tested both the translated file-L048.xml 8809 and on the file 8809-L044.xml, which changed its name to the L048 and <language ID=48>
If something was wrong, I would readtext, yet I had nothing in the console commands. This is nothing new for this script.

PS. If you are interested I can send you a Polish translation.

PS2. Version .rar file is not setup.lv.insurance.xml
I unpacked the file version .spk and everything OK.
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 23:28

Great script :) I just love all financial stuff.

One q:Will you add a possibility to insurance stations based on there value and there location in the universe.

One minor bug or not.I can't chose in option 'insure ship only' other ships to insure exept the one I am flying.Only way to insure other ships is to take option 'insure all ships in sector'.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 23:54

Idea wrote:One minor bug or not.I can't chose in option 'insure ship only' other ships to insure exept the one I am flying.Only way to insure other ships is to take option 'insure all ships in sector'.
Run this command on the ship you want to insure. Do not run just on his boat.
[ external image ]

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 00:16

Yacek wrote: Run this command on the ship you want to insure. Do not run just on his boat.
That worked but it would be easier if the list of ships come out and then chose which one you want to insure.Going to one ship at the time can take some time but then again player dosen't have many ships in the first 20-60 hours of play.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 00:21

The costs of policies are considerable, so I do not think anyone would get on their wholesale buying for several ships :)
[ external image ]

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 08:41

idea what do you mean by insurance stations? i'm opren to all suggestions at the moment and had considered adding stations in once i know it's running ok

Do the policies seem to harsh on startup? i'm trying to offest the cost to the reward and am open to offers

that start rate is %50, i'm happy to drop that to 33-25% as you can't really print money (setup cost + insurance will always be > full price back on death) and as i said earlier gold package isn't available until LVI has made a pretty decent profit out of you

also being someone who does not play the game is 1 game day 24 stazuras fair/unfair before the ploicy needs renewing?

I'll consider a pop up menu for the insure ship only option, the reason i didn't is because as said you insure via that ships own menu meaning less scrolling in the long run, plus when you shelling out so much cash people arn't going to be doing it that often
LV's TC Scripts

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 16:11

Hi LV

For the sations I was thinking that we can insure with diffrent costs depending of there type and location.For example wepons factory should cost more to insure then food factory.For the location if the factory is located in border sector it also increase cost and if there is a pirate or any enemy sector in 2 jump radius it aslo increase insurance cost.

Also you can put different cost rates for different type of ships(M1,M2,M3,M6,M8,M7) should have higher cost rate then other class of ships,also in this 'combat' group ships that have higher probability to be destroyed M3 for example aslo have higer rate of cost the M1 or M2.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 18:43

nice idea

but I would like to see it to use only in corporations HQs - you must dock your ship there, so they can examine it and asses its value ;>

mainly because corporations lack some sppecial features in vanilla, after making their missions they become just another trading docks. It could be also available on teladi trading stations (at much higher price - they are greedy, right?:) )

halowse
x3tc

Post by halowse » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 21:02

Wow, I was just about to suggest this very thing. This rocks.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 21:47

i'll think about some of those but as i've just spent all day choking the last breath out of rrf i'm sitting back for a few days

i have made a few tweaks and fixed one bug i found

Yacek

I'd be happy to put a polish t in just send it over/link it

[ external image ]
LV's TC Scripts

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 22:35

LV wrote:
I'd be happy to put a polish t in just send it over/link it
Polish translation sent via mail
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”