[TC] HUB plot, gate realignment

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

canada1
x3

HUB plot, gate realignment

Post by canada1 » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 21:57

just wondering what sectors everyone connected and if anyone has any suggestions

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 22:32

Well not done it yet but have them planned, well two.

Ore belt to Home of Light (Ore Belt will have my hub complex in to supply for all the stages).

Then I will connect terran space to the hub, to provide a short cut for my fleet supplies. (I am attempting an all Terran game but it is undermined by the requirements for fabs and the requirement of some non Terran ships and Tech, but my battle fleet is all Terran).

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 22:33

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Sun, 27. Jun 10, 22:39

Currently :
Menelaus's oasis > HUB > US
Montalaar > HUB > US
ANHS > HUB > US

In each US the HUB is linked to I own complexes and n ANHS too.
During the HUB plot i had my second link at Dark Water > HUB > barren Shores for my chip / silicon / crystal complex was there.
When I qacquired my HQ, put the 3rd link as : Myst of Ellysium > HUB > US
to fill the HQ and transfer all ships parked in different EQ for REing as well as all unused ships, and to fill my HQ with all ships construction goods I required, then moved it back to my currnet 3 link.

The HUB can be used to bring you customers to sector you'd never have any (in my ANHS I have 10 space fuel labs, and the clients come from the HUB), it can silmply be used as a means to reduce E-cell consumption by scattering links far from each other on the univers map, it can be a good way to link different open-loop complexes in different sectors, or even as a means to divert / modify traffic in different areas, like bringing Paranid and Argon core sector besides each other.

It can also be helpful in rerouting ships who would otherwise fly through Xenon sectors, like the US near Getsu Fune (Notrh then West).
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

mordtech
x3tc

Post by mordtech » Tue, 29. Jun 10, 04:03

spaced out to totally minimize energy usage for my hub CAGS + for max trade coverage.. and also happily next to the unknown sectors i've taken over...
split alive!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”