[TC] Argon Colossus hijacked by Yaki

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Taniniver

Argon Colossus hijacked by Yaki

Post by Taniniver » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 17:22

Hi all

I'm new to X3TC though I did play X3R.

I'm doing the Terran start, but didn't do anything with the plot yet, and have just been exploring the universe and doing the odd mission picked up from stations, mainly passenger transports using the free Iguana Vanguard.

Anyway - I just got this message shortly after jumping into Akeela's Beacon, and was wondering what it means:

Message from: Neol Keswen 768-05-03 03:27

To all allies of the Argon Military: five hours ago an Argon convoy was attacked by Yaki. The lead ship, and Argon Colossus, was boarded by Yaki mercenaries and the jumpdrive was activated. We are no longer aware of the ship's location or the status of its crew. If you have any information about the Colossus, AM1TH-01 or its crew, please contact an Argon Military official.

I guessed it might be plot related but had a look through the X3 Handbook version 5, and also did some searches here, and it doesn't seem to match the start of any of the various plot missions.

Anyone like to shed some light on this for me? If it's something well known and already discussed, just point me in the direction of the appropriate guide please :)

Tanin'iver

DreamsofanEagle

Post by DreamsofanEagle » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 17:23

FAQ is your friend.

Taniniver

Post by Taniniver » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 17:39

Why thank you DreamsofanEagle, that was such a helpful reply!

I do apologise for being such a complete jerk and not reading every single FAQ entry before posting. I figured reading all the plot stuff in the handbook and also searching this forum for appropriate terms like stolen colossus might have turned up SOMETHING about it. In fact I am surprised not to find many threads if this is a common enough question to be in the FAQ. Do they get deleted or something?

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 17:46

That message is the starting hint of the
Spoiler
Show
treasurehunt
missions.

BoerRepublic
x4

Post by BoerRepublic » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 19:11

:? I can't even get passed the first clue

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 19:31

I can't even get passed the first clue
I noticed a lot of the clues were for long-term x-players, and not really for the general 1st time X-players.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 19:56

Ah.. ye ole THunt mini-campain.

Taniniver

Post by Taniniver » Mon, 14. Jun 10, 21:34

Thanks for the replies all, and to DreamsofanEagle who now linked to the appropriate FAQ entry :thumb_up:

Now I know what I am looking for I found a guide here on the forum, with details of all the steps. It looks like I'm not ready to take it on yet anyway.

Here's the link in case anyone wants it:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=250031

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”