[Script] TC Stock Exchange "The Evolution of a Financial Revolution" v4 Full Release.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 8. Dec 11, 17:34

@ LA and Idea

Thanks, I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you have both been a very big help over the last couple of years, and particularly with Stock Exchange. So you both, and others, deserve to take pride in the outcome as well.

I hope you both get to take the AP version for a spin, it is so vastly improved from the current version here. The general layout is similar and a lot of the functions have been retained. However, there have been some Major improvements in performance, layout, functionality and Major improvements in how it is incorporated into the game.

To say the whole thing was rebuilt from the ground up is such an understatement. I don't even want to think about how many hours/days have gone into the new version.

For those of you who have used and like this version, i hope you really enjoy the AP version.

I am hoping to update this TC version at sometime in the the future, after a bit of a break though. The TC version will be limited in the improvements that can and will be made due to some functions in the AP version that just 'Are not possible' in a TC version and for various other reasons.

MarCon

UniversalWolf
x3tc

Post by UniversalWolf » Fri, 9. Dec 11, 00:46

I've used your Stock Market and Universal Banking scripts and enjoyed them...ever since the beginning of my second TC playthrough when I said to myself, "There should be banking and stock markets in this game."

Kudos!

Xydonus
x3ap

Post by Xydonus » Fri, 9. Dec 11, 11:17

Is this mod compatible with the latest Xtended mod for TC?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 9. Dec 11, 12:14

mark_a_condren wrote: I am hoping to update this TC version at sometime in the the future, after a bit of a break though. The TC version will be limited in the improvements that can and will be made due to some functions in the AP version that just 'Are not possible' in a TC version and for various other reasons.

MarCon
I'll be giving it a go, goes without saying, that's if I can pull myself away from Skyrim!

Very interested in the UI changes and script updates :-)

LA

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 13. Dec 11, 09:29

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, didn't get any notification that anyone had posted in here.
UniversalWolf wrote:I've used your Stock Market and Universal Banking scripts and enjoyed them...ever since the beginning of my second TC playthrough when I said to myself, "There should be banking and stock markets in this game."

Kudos!
Glad you enjoy it, yes they were mine and other peoples thoughts too, so that is why Stock Exchange and Universal Banking came to be.

Xydonus wrote:Is this mod compatible with the latest Xtended mod for TC?
From memory, Xtended is one of the ones it is NOT compatible with, sorry.
I also have no plans to make it so.

LA wrote:I'll be giving it a go, goes without saying, that's if I can pull myself away from Skyrim!

Very interested in the UI changes and script updates :)

LA
Skyrim !!! ... I wont even go there (not played it myself yet!)

I can't say too much before release ...
But if your looking to 'use up' some time, there are plenty of new SE 'abilities' and commands to keep you experimenting for "Quite some time!". ;)

EDIT:
Now there's a damn fine idea for a graph, 'Time spent in the SE compared to time playing', that would be a one sided graph for some :roll:

MarCon

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Tue, 13. Dec 11, 12:19

Found the Albion release mail in my spam box so havent paid that much attention to the news until now.

My mind is blown away that the stock exchange script is in the upcoming game. :)
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

marcelteaching

Post by marcelteaching » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 08:44

Absolutely love this script.

I can't presently buy orange stocks (natural) I suspect due to my notoriety. Can anyone tell me with whom I need to improve it, and if it is a pirate faction, how to? My favourite local market is the LooManckStrat's.

Also, do different levels unlock certain stocks, or when you hit x, everything unlocks?

Thanks and sorry if this question is answered elsewhere, I could not find it.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 11:10

@ marcelteaching

Glad you like the script.

In the Options menu (available from the main menu) do you have the option "Only Allow wares i have notoriety to buy" set to yes? this is the only time notoriety should come into it. It is set to No by default i think. Otherwise if it is the Index that is Orange it means the items are in demand atm and you will need to wait for the game environment to change a bit before the Index comes down. Any Notoriety you need to think about, if it's set to take this into consideration, is with the race that owns the sector that the exchange is in, so the Argon Prime exchange is in an Argon sector so it's the Argon notoriety that is taken into consideration for example. The notoriety required will be at an individual level, so they won't all unlock when you reach 'x' level, it will be as you can buy the item from the local race.

As for raising your Pirate notoriety, sorry i can't answer this, as i don't worry about my notoriety to them, hopefully someone else can answer your question in this regard.

MarCon

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 10:36

Ok I just got AP and am trying to understand the stock exchange, some research suggested this was the best thread to discuss its working. It seems a nice idea, gives a good idea when building and nice immersion. A big problem seems to be betting Naturals at Index 100 is a bit like putting a £50 note into a photocopier and hitting repeat. OK removing Naturals seems like a nee jerk action but what is going on?

I am imaging local factory owners wanting to liquidate money locked in their unsold products. So they are allowed to borrow money up to twice the current market value of their stock. With the catch is that they have to repay the current market value of the stock used for security on demand by the lender. Have I got this right? If so some thoughts.

[a] In the real world I would expect some time frame for repaying debts. When exceeded the lender has to call in the loan at the current market value. I am OK however with this is a game and that would make it too complicated for people to understand.

There are no other investors playing the game, leading to stuff like the Naturals at 100 exploit. Looks like a lot of programming work so let that one go for the moment.

I have not read the entire thread so its likely I am suggesting something already discarded, but would it not be an idea to simulate AI involvement and reduce the effect of exploits by reducing the shares available according to how good the investment appears to the market. For instance one easy to program possibility is for supply < 2 * demand

Num of shares = f * supply * |1-index/100|

Where f, currently two, is related to the number of times a supplier can borrow on their stock and the percentage of suppliers wanting to borrow. |x| is absolute value of x, ie remove signe.

So the closer the index gets to 100 the less shares are available, with them all being sold out at exactly 100. This gives an easy to program simulation of investment competition while reducing the Natural at 100 exploit.

OBTW I have not tried, but do reassure me that if you destroy a station attached to a market, that market goes red to you, with a huge hacking cost.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 17:42

Mark hello. I would be grateful if you could take a look at this short thread in the X3AP Tech Sp forum and advise if anything changed in the X3AP 2.0 patch to do with Stock Exchanges that might be causing this pausing for some Players. Thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 14:52

Any chance for hotkey for "local stock exchanges"?
Where is it?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 11. May 12, 21:35

In regards to the stock exchange for AP, I have a question.

The company and corporation exchange updates the menu dynamically when you buy and sell shares.

The local exchange does not.

Does anyone else experience this?

matic

Script no longer exist

Post by matic » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 17:14

Hello,

I looked everywhere, but scripts are no longer available. Is it possible to correct the download links. Thank you very much.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 17:45

I fixed the links. They should be working again.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”