[Script] TC Stock Exchange "The Evolution of a Financial Revolution" v4 Full Release.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 18. Sep 11, 07:06

@ xeranes

Speeding up how fast the menus update will have no effect on how the prices change. As ALL wares that are displayed in Stock Exchange are based on the actual wares being sold and used by stations and ships in the game.

The only way to get share prices to change quicker is to get the economy in the game moving faster.

Even the not normally used wares, such as vacume cleaners and posters etc, are reliant on information gleaned from your game environment. They still need an increase in particular in game activity to make the share prices change quicker.

If an area displayed (sectors) in one of the Stock Exchange menus is staying relitively the same it means the economy in those sectors is not changing much. If the player was to move into those sectors and increase the economy and get it moving and the wares being used and produced by factories or bought by traders happening faster then the Stock Exchange values will change a lot faster.

As I have said before, there is nothing really 'faked' about the Stock Exchange. It is a correct indication of "YOUR IN GAME ENVIRONMENT". Speeding up the menu refresh rate will not make the values displayed change faster if the economy is not changing in game. It already updates quite quickly to show changes to the economy in a few seconds.

Yes, it's that accruate. :o
Yes, it usually knows when you try to cheat. :D

MarCon

xeranes
x3tc

Post by xeranes » Sun, 18. Sep 11, 15:22

I meant the company window... the stuff that isn't based on wares... :roll:
It sates itself on the life-blood
of fated men,
paints red the powers' homes
with crimson gore.
Black become the sun's beams
in the summers that follow,
weathers all treacherous.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 18. Sep 11, 16:52

xeranes wrote:I meant the company window... the stuff that isn't based on wares... :roll:
At no time did you mention the 'company window' ... :roll:

The company prices use a complex calculation to arrive at their prices, and 'speeding up' the rate of change and not having it all 'fall over' is not a simple thing, so sorry i can't help you with a quick speedup fix.

The corporation (as opposed to the company) share prices are based on the corporations in game assets. If you want to test it, go shoot up a heap of ships belonging to one of the corporations, and watch what happens to their share price.

MarCon

xeranes
x3tc

Post by xeranes » Sun, 18. Sep 11, 19:04

Thanks for your replies! I took a look at the script and you are right about the complex part!!! I need an advil! :shock:
It sates itself on the life-blood
of fated men,
paints red the powers' homes
with crimson gore.
Black become the sun's beams
in the summers that follow,
weathers all treacherous.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 07:51

As there have been a couple of posts in this thread as of late, it has brought this script back into my thought processes.

Is there any part of this script that people find hard/awkward to use, confusing, badly layed out, not working properly, could be improved upon, yadda yadda?

As there is not a lot of feedback lately for this script, i don't know if;
a) nobody is using it much.
b) people have had trouble with it and just given up rather than get it fixed.
c) it all works perfectly, so no complaints. (would be my guess ... 8) )

anybody?

MarCon

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Sat, 24. Sep 11, 11:48

Sorry I didn't follow up on that brainstorming session last year, got side tracked with trying to put together a large merged mod project, then left the community out of frustration...

I think this is good enough as-is, just a mini-game to give an illusion of greater game world depth, not directly change it. Ironically its fitting, stock markets which exists apart from and indifferent to the "real" game world.

Nice work by the way.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

Niv13

Post by Niv13 » Sun, 6. Nov 11, 13:28

I have a weird bug to report. I've been trying out this script for a while and I throughly enjoyed it though I think there could be more investment types available. One of such would be "Options Trading".

That aside, the bug I'm having is the information display in the Corporation and Company Indexes menu:
- after I've bought and SOLD the stocks, the number under the Value column would not return to 0. Whatever the amount that I've made after the buy and sell stays behind and gets added to or subtracted from the Value of my next buy and sell order etc. etc. This is a minor bug, but I would like to know if there are any avaialble solutionst to this since it makes it slightly easier (and faster) to view the total amount which I've made in the PRESENT trade.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Mon, 7. Nov 11, 16:31

@ Niv13

Yeah your right, the totals aren't resetting correctly.

When i get a chance, as i'm quite busy atm, i'll see about fixing it up.

Adding new investment types are not out of the question, as i've said before, the problem is i have no idea how they work. So the problem comes in with having to investigate and then find ways to implement them, and as said i'm quite bust atm but i'll see what happens when i get some time.

MarCon

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Tue, 8. Nov 11, 13:34

I assume people use this script. At least those old scripts that has broken dl links usualy get comments rather quickly about them.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Tue, 8. Nov 11, 13:42

Oh yeah, almost forgot: If new development work on this script is going to happen then also remeber to sit back and use a little 'reverse' logic on the complexity: i.e. what can be made easier? as we tested earlier some parts of the script is quite heavy on manual work and other yield easy money etc.

At this point of using the script i'd prefer some kind of 'index stock' i.e. instead of doing stock picks i just add some money to, lets say 'Argon Fortune 500Tech index' or 'New Duchy Soja Index' that tracks items in a cluster of sectors with minimum upkeep from the player giving small percentual yields w/minimum risk. A little like the corporation stocks but with designated station types in sectors 1 to 5 in the 'New Duchy colonies' etc.

I guess i have become a 'large cap investor' with this script so i dont really bother that much priming the market at the right moment when betting on 'how many prisoners are going to be transported in argon prime' today. :D

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

-- Antoine de Saint-Exuper
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 06:36

@ XanII

Your right, there is some room for imrovement in the 'ease of use' in some areas.

I did some testing a while ago on 'broker systems' and it turned stock exchange into a money tree, not an ideal outcome at all. Most auto buy/sell features will have the same result i think, so i'm not going there. There has to be 'some' 'THINK' in its use.

I'll try to get a slighty improved version out when i get some time. It will be mostly just fixes and adjustments in the current system though.

MarCon

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 06:55

I just wanted to say... This is an exceptionally wonderful idea and fits right in with a natural progression of gameplay elements. Truly outstanding.

I won't be downloading it any time soon, though once I start to incorporate mods into my game, this one is sure to make the list.

But, as far as mods go, this one really adds something unique and, at the same time, one that is definitely well within the scope of the game. It's not just another ship, another asset management script, a fix for some perceived flaw in the game that hasn't been bug-fixed or a hack. It's an addition to the game that takes advantage of the game's data in order to add yet another level of classic "space trading" play.

/applause

Nicely done! I hope Egosoft adds something like this to future iterations of the franchise. Perhaps a quest would unlock it or a specialized player start? No matter, for now - It's still a great idea and I hope it continues to be tweaked and improved. Bravo!

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 08:17

@ Morkonan

Thank you, you flatter me with your kind words.

MarCon

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 8. Dec 11, 09:23

Congrats on your contribution to Albion P, a more than worthy addition :-)

LA

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 8. Dec 11, 13:13

I am very glad to see your work become a part of X3:Albion Prelude. You absolutely deserve it :) The moment you start working on this project I knew it will be BIG.

Hope they include your version of Stock Exchange in Rebirth because if they don't that will be a BIG minus for them at least from my side :wink:

Cheers and once more thanks for this great mod my friend :D

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 8. Dec 11, 17:34

@ LA and Idea

Thanks, I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you have both been a very big help over the last couple of years, and particularly with Stock Exchange. So you both, and others, deserve to take pride in the outcome as well.

I hope you both get to take the AP version for a spin, it is so vastly improved from the current version here. The general layout is similar and a lot of the functions have been retained. However, there have been some Major improvements in performance, layout, functionality and Major improvements in how it is incorporated into the game.

To say the whole thing was rebuilt from the ground up is such an understatement. I don't even want to think about how many hours/days have gone into the new version.

For those of you who have used and like this version, i hope you really enjoy the AP version.

I am hoping to update this TC version at sometime in the the future, after a bit of a break though. The TC version will be limited in the improvements that can and will be made due to some functions in the AP version that just 'Are not possible' in a TC version and for various other reasons.

MarCon

UniversalWolf
x3tc

Post by UniversalWolf » Fri, 9. Dec 11, 00:46

I've used your Stock Market and Universal Banking scripts and enjoyed them...ever since the beginning of my second TC playthrough when I said to myself, "There should be banking and stock markets in this game."

Kudos!

Xydonus
x3ap

Post by Xydonus » Fri, 9. Dec 11, 11:17

Is this mod compatible with the latest Xtended mod for TC?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 9. Dec 11, 12:14

mark_a_condren wrote: I am hoping to update this TC version at sometime in the the future, after a bit of a break though. The TC version will be limited in the improvements that can and will be made due to some functions in the AP version that just 'Are not possible' in a TC version and for various other reasons.

MarCon
I'll be giving it a go, goes without saying, that's if I can pull myself away from Skyrim!

Very interested in the UI changes and script updates :-)

LA

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 13. Dec 11, 09:29

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, didn't get any notification that anyone had posted in here.
UniversalWolf wrote:I've used your Stock Market and Universal Banking scripts and enjoyed them...ever since the beginning of my second TC playthrough when I said to myself, "There should be banking and stock markets in this game."

Kudos!
Glad you enjoy it, yes they were mine and other peoples thoughts too, so that is why Stock Exchange and Universal Banking came to be.

Xydonus wrote:Is this mod compatible with the latest Xtended mod for TC?
From memory, Xtended is one of the ones it is NOT compatible with, sorry.
I also have no plans to make it so.

LA wrote:I'll be giving it a go, goes without saying, that's if I can pull myself away from Skyrim!

Very interested in the UI changes and script updates :)

LA
Skyrim !!! ... I wont even go there (not played it myself yet!)

I can't say too much before release ...
But if your looking to 'use up' some time, there are plenty of new SE 'abilities' and commands to keep you experimenting for "Quite some time!". ;)

EDIT:
Now there's a damn fine idea for a graph, 'Time spent in the SE compared to time playing', that would be a one sided graph for some :roll:

MarCon

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”