[Script] TC Stock Exchange "The Evolution of a Financial Revolution" v4 Full Release.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 13:23

SoliDeoGloria
- market fluctuations are much more reliable now - I intentionally tried to manipulate the price of Meatsteaks and Ore in Argon and was not able to - much better!

hehehehe :P
- I too made and lost some money - it is now necessary to diversify my holdings across several commodities instead of just dumping into one and working the market.
Good, its not to easy then and makes you 'Think' a bit if you want to make credits.
- a hot key will be a welcome addition
:P
I will post about this when my thoughts are clearer.
hehehe hohoho arhh ohohoh snigger snigger ... welcome to my world !!!

Thanks for the feedback, oh well, back to getting the trend code working ...

MarCon

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 20:26

I've had some time to test and I love this, the Stock Exchange idea is great, but how you've implemented it is first class.

Just one idea for easy use (rich coming from me I know) is a full detailed summary of bought stocks, much like the “View Summary of Shares Owned at Local Exchanges” but with all the details:
Stock
Required
Min Cr
Max Cr
Trade at

and so on.

Maybe a toggle that switches between the current summary view and a detailed summary view.

Again I think this is going to be a must have.

No bugs as yet :)

LA

Edit:

Also maybe a automatic watch program that you set to watch your shares and which notifies you or sells when they hit a certain level. Call it a Broker Service that charges a percentage of the profit.

Reverse that and you can have it watch & buy.

(Now you know how I felt :P )

LA

Edit 2:

Shit I just made a loss on Ore!

I take all the above back.... :evil:

Joking, this is fun

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 21:34

Started out, found stuff at 200 index which sells really quickly and thought

'Wow, buy up all those shares super cheap and wait for the supply to be tiny'

Problem is, even with 'Don't use credits' you still need the money to buy shares, it just doesn't get spent. Other than that, love the interface with minimize and maximize. Looks like one of those that'll be super confusing to start with, but eventually the easiest possible to use.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 22:56

See mark

Everyone else say no bugs so I am not a bad tester but you are a good scripter :P

Edit:

Some sugestions:

1.The stock market offer great source of income.If the player earn too much he maby should be taxed for extra money.Maby some limits can be put.

First earn 1 mil=10% tax

First 10 mil=8%tax and etc

2.Stock crysis.Too much wares in yelow (>75%) automaticly reduce prices for goods that are in green,to much in red automaticly increase prices.

That is all for now.

SoliDeoGloria
x3tc

Post by SoliDeoGloria » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 01:22

Mark - running V3 now - like it a lot.

I see the indicators are in.

are the two indicators different time frames (like past minute and past five minutes)?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 07:42

Hi all,

Sorry, bit slow on the replies to posts, but i do feel better after some sleep. I was a bit light on with the info that came with the version updates for you testers too, sorry for that, i was running on empty.

I see some are getting some fun out of a little tester payback :P has evil snigger to self and files it away for future retaliation .... 8)

Shares Summary,
I agree a detailed summery would be welcome, the main problem i have to overcome with this is that it has to run the whole exchange check proccess for every exchange to get up to date figures to display and this is really wringing a proccessors neck. It is also the main reason that the "Universal" exchange project is on hold due to the amount of work for the cpu to do. But, on hold, does not mean dead.

Auto Buy / Sell,
One of the reasons i wanted to do this script was my aversion to SETA, and when i wanted a break from the 'Fight', 'Build' i could combine the 'Trade', 'Think' side without having to fly all over the universe. I couldn't see the point of running the game, hitting SETA and reading a book while the game played itself. So you'll need a good argument to get me to automate the process.

You bought Ore?? i can't believe you bought Ore !! :rofl:

No Credits requiering credits,
Ooops ... a BUG .. At the bottom of the 'plugin.mc.st.ex.buy.sell' script you will find the lines that check a players credits, just comment them out.

Confusing at the start,
Hopefully that will only be a short lived thing and players will get the hang of it quickly. From the feedback i get from you testers i'll get an idea of how big a problem this is i hope.

Bad tester,
No your not a Bad tester Idea, but geez you bite well :P (oh, PS. look 2 items above. lol )

Taxes,
Damn, that word is worse than the 'H' word (Hotkey). We'll see, maybe.

Financial Crisis,
From what i've seen while doing this, 3/4 of the universe is in a stock crisis in one way or another. Sure does open up some building possabilities for the player. We may have to discuss the crisis idea further i think and see what we can come up with.

Pirate factions having stock exchanges,
I added 3 exchanges for Pirates into the last update, 2 for Pirates and 1 for Yaki. I'm going to add another in 'Brennan's Triumph' but i need to find a suitable station to link the Exchange to.
The lack of Pirate involvement oversight was pointed out by draffutt and i had left them out saying that they would rather steal than trade for their credits. BUT, this was breaking one of my own rules in that i prefer the player to choose rather than me forcing my choices onto them. Hence, there is now Pirate involvement.

Stock trend indicators,
The trend indicators to the right of the Index figures are updated every time you refresh the menu, do it to often and the universe hasn't changed enough to give a good trend, do it to slowly and you loose opportunities. The Menu is refreshed when you select 'Refresh' at the bottom or any time you open or close a dropdown area. If you exit the Menu and return to it the trend values have been lost and you have to start again.

60 -- -- (has sat at this Index for 2 refreshes)
61 -- ^ (has gone up with this refresh from what it was before)
63 ^ ^ (has gone up from previouse value both time the menu was refrshes the last 2 time)
62 ^ v (lastest refresh it went down from going up the time before)
62 v -- ( latest refresh the value was the same as the previouse value)
I hope that makes sence, the indicators move from the right to the left with refreshes.

See what happens when i get some sleep, i decide to post some answers to posts and turn it into an essay.

MarCon

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 09:21

That's not a bug that's just a minor glich :wink:

You are right about crisis, we need to see script fully functional first and then talk about financial crisis if were needed at all.

Ps:Now I just need to find words that starts with A,N,K and S and we will have a full word :D

Cheers

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 09:40

Idea
Ps:Now I just need to find words that starts with A,N,K and S and we will have a full word

Took me a minute to work out just what the hell you were on about, then :idea: got it.
Your welcome, and same to you for the feedback and support.

MarCon

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 11:22

mark_a_condren wrote: Auto Buy / Sell,
One of the reasons i wanted to do this script was my aversion to SETA, and when i wanted a break from the 'Fight', 'Build' i could combine the 'Trade', 'Think' side without having to fly all over the universe. I couldn't see the point of running the game, hitting SETA and reading a book while the game played itself. So you'll need a good argument to get me to automate the process.
Fair point, but as you know I don’t use SETA either :p

My thoughts were along the lines of a Broker Service you get with any RW Stock Exchange. Defining buy and sell limits already exist in game with the current Trade options, but the Broker Service would be a paid service, costing a percentage of any buy & sell transaction.

I wasn’t thinking along the lines of an automated process, just a tool which still needs to be configured, monitored and tweaked to optimise profits. There are a number of options to balance it out like already mentioned, increasing the cost per incremental profit level, or limiting the number of automatic transactions by profit, volume, time or amount.

But as is, I really like Stock Exchange, it adds another layer to the game really adding to it's depth. Looking forward to the Bank and Company/Corporation elements :)

LA

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 12:23

I don't get the ANKS thing, but oh well.

I'm amazed I spotted the only BUG.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 13:21

Logain Abler wrote:My thoughts were along the lines of a Broker Service you get with any RW Stock Exchange. Defining buy and sell limits already exist in game with the current Trade options, but the Broker Service would be a paid service, costing a percentage of any buy & sell transaction.

I wasn’t thinking along the lines of an automated process, just a tool which still needs to be configured, monitored and tweaked to optimise profits. There are a number of options to balance it out like already mentioned, increasing the cost per incremental profit level, or limiting the number of automatic transactions by profit, volume, time or amount.
Ok, you make some good points there.

But, and here's the confession, I don't think my scripting abilities are up to being able to do it and make it work effectively :cry:
I tried to think of how to do it and after a while i discovered i'd come up with a big fat Zero.
Unfortunatly im going to have to limit the scope of how big this gets due to me being only one person with limited abilities.

(put it in the we'll come back to it later basket)
EmperorJon wrote:I don't get the ANKS thing, but oh well.
I started it with the 'H' for hotkey remark. Idea carried it on with 'T' after my comments regarding Taxes.

So,
'T' for Taxes
'H' for Hotkey
.... and he needs words for
'A'
'N'
'K'
'S'

and what do you get if you put them all together?

no comment on the Bug. :oops:

MarCon

SoliDeoGloria
x3tc

Post by SoliDeoGloria » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 13:24

mark_a_condren wrote: 'T' for Taxes
'H' for Hotkey
.... and he needs words for
'A' for Another
'N' for Nice
'K' for Kingdom for
'S' for SoliDeoGloria
... if I can work the market :-)

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 14:06

mark_a_condren wrote: But, and here's the confession, I don't think my scripting abilities are up to being able to do it and make it work effectively :cry:
I tried to think of how to do it and after a while i discovered i'd come up with a big fat Zero.
Unfortunatly im going to have to limit the scope of how big this gets due to me being only one person with limited abilities.
MarCon
Everybody have there limits and I am perfectly honest to say you have not reach your limit.Look at Logain Abler he started something small with good vision and good ground, now look what he had achieved.I am sure he knew much less when he started his work then when he finish it.With our support(community) you will achive incredible things with this script.I have waited for something like this from X2 The Threat so be sure you are not and not going to be alone in this :)

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 14:32

mark_a_condren wrote: But, and here's the confession, I don't think my scripting abilities are up to being able to do it and make it work effectively :cry:
“Polite cough”

I very much doubt that, I haven’t seen anyone come up with such an elegant implementation of a Stock Exchange!

LA

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 14:36

I'll muck in if you want Mark, though I agree you're good enough to do it yourself.

Anyway, I'm a liability. We all know that. :roll:
______
______

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 15:26

Umm ... what do i say to those responces, except, Thank You.

Yeah, go on, have a laugh, cos i'm stumped for words.

MarCon

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 16:33

I can offer to build new stations for every race stock market, bank, company you make so that we could have even more realistic feeling then now if you want too, but this would mean that your work would become a mod which then I need to make compatabile with many others mod because I am sure many people would use this script.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 17:20

Idea

Thanks for the offer, and as tempting as it may be, and i mean that, you pointed out yourself the big downfall with it, Mod compatabilty.

Without trying to go into another essay. One of the things i was trying to do was get this to report on the current state of the players universe without adding or removing anything from it.

There are plenty of options out there for the player to pick and choose what mods / scripts they want to run. Then this script would report on how those choices had influenced their universe.

Even the sectors that are conected to an Exchange are dynamic, if you use a sector takeover script and another race takes over a sector or the player takes over the sector, it will be removed from the exchange it was part of, but the rest of the exchange for that area will still work. there has to be 2 sectors side by side removed before the outlying sectors are not seen by the exchange for that area.

Just hope it doesn't effect your shares to much cos that will be taken into consideration due to the effect on the supply and damand figures. Only problem at the moment is if the sector with the exchange station in it is taken over that whole exhange for that area will cease to function. Same as if the exchange station is destroyed, all info will be lost and the exhange for that area will cease to function.

I've kept everything as dynamic as i can to allow the player to still shape the universe how they want and the Stock Exchange still function.

I'm currently working on the 'Detailed Summary of Shares Owned', got it to a point that my CPU is only glowing red when run, instead of letting smoke out as well. :D

I suppose what do i expect, AMD 3000+, Win XP, 1 gig DDR Ram (no not even DDRII) and a GT9400 512 ram GPU. Sweet little script building machine, if it doesn't slow down to much on that, all should be fine.

MarCon

SoliDeoGloria
x3tc

Post by SoliDeoGloria » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 17:21

Idea wrote:I can offer to build new stations for every race stock market, bank, company you make so that we could have even more realistic feeling then now if you want too, but this would mean that your work would become a mod which then I need to make compatabile with many others mod because I am sure many people would use this script.
I would recommend staying away from the [mod] option as well - I think we can help you make this work without leaving the [script] arena.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 17:31

Bug Report:

Bought 10,000 shares of Firefly Missiles at Argon Prime Exchange:
[ external image ]

But summary shows Omicron Lyrae:
[ external image ]

I used Propmongler (love this utility) to check both Trade Posts for any saved values as I assumed that's were you'd save them. Nothing for Argon Prime but they show up at Omicron Lyrae:
[ external image ]

Local Stock Exchange for Omicron Lyrae:
[ external image ]

LA
Last edited by Logain Abler on Thu, 17. Jun 10, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”