can we mod how much engine speed is reduced with hull damage?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

lonck

can we mod how much engine speed is reduced with hull damage?

Post by lonck » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 06:55

as the hull is damaged max engine speed is reduced. Is there a way to mod it so that when hull is at 5% max engine speed is reduced to 0 or w/e I want?

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 12:40

You'd need someone more experienced than me for that answer...

But what you can do is destroy engine tunings/rudder upgrades as the ship takes damage. This will reduce the speed much more than normal.

I don't know what happens if you try having negative engine tunings, but it's worth a shot! :D

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 14:51

Negative tunings will just reduce current maximum speed down to the base speed... as negative tunings will merely remove the tunings that are present... there is no way of going into the negatives....

I think this may be hardcoded... but then again I don't think anyone has ever asked about this before, so I don't know if anyone's ever tried.
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 16:12

I think it is hardcoded, I am sure someone asked this for X3 a few years back and the answers were that it was hardcoded.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”