[MD] All Plots Complete - Terran Conflict

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 02:34

The current version of my "cut down" MD only has 1 glitch that I can see. For some reason I'm ending up with 2 sectors named the same, for the player owned sector. Not sure why yet. But likely something changed, or an inconsisitency with my mod. I'll try and track it down today.

Otherwise, there appears on a first, admittedly hasty, check, that its not causing any mayhem.

More testing today, and I'll post when I resolve this one issue and confirm that none of the sectors are effected.

Oh, and yes, by all means, any issues with this version, direct to me.

TestingTesting

Post by TestingTesting » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 08:57

excellent, looking forward to it, the plots have never really interested me (I don't have anywhere near the dogfighting abilities that are required for the plots to be attempted), and yet they do have a way of making me feel inadequate when I know that they are there to be done, and yet I KNOW I can't do them.

last time I did main plot in X3 was X2 The Threat, by the end of the campaign I was not enjoying the missions at all, the constant need for coordination and needing to "thread the needle" all the time was painstaking, I swore never again..... I have kept to my word.

anyway..... way of topic.... LOL don't ask....... looking forward to the finished MD, thanks.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 09:07

TestingTesting wrote:last time I did main plot in X3 was X2 The Threat
I never finished either X2 or X3's plots. On the other hand, TC's plots were doable without help, and I'm hoping AP's is the same.

My main reason for using the TC plots complete, was having done them several times, it got tedious with new starts.

TestingTesting

Post by TestingTesting » Sat, 3. Mar 12, 12:15

the first plot in AP is something about having to stay at a constant distant of 6km's to a ship in front of you..... that puts me of straight away..... already some pretty heavy flight coordination needed.

EternalSpace

Post by EternalSpace » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 08:05

TTD wrote:The original All plots complete,for TC was great.

But if you loaded a game where you had already opened new sectors,then you would get the duplicate gate problem.

So was always best to start a fresh game.
I have a question then about the duplicate Gate problem. Does this only happen if you have "Unlocked" the extra gates/sectors? Because I'm currently playing a Custom Game, I got suckered into it, so it's impossible for me unlock anything Plot related. Although Treasure Hunt has appeared and sent me the stolen ship message but I haven't started it yet. I'd hate to have to start a new game cause of this. Should a custom game be getting the Treasure Hunt plot anyway?
The current version of my "cut down" MD only has 1 glitch that I can see. For some reason I'm ending up with 2 sectors named the same, for the player owned sector. Not sure why yet. But likely something changed, or an inconsisitency with my mod. I'll try and track it down today.
Are you talking about the AP or the TC All Plots Complete apricotslice?[/b]

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 10:22

Me- AP only as far as the MD is concerned.

EternalSpace

Post by EternalSpace » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 08:08

Will this unlock the corporation rewards too? Since I'm in a custom game I cannot get those missions so I can't unlock things like the Sirokos. Although I'm assuming if I can't I can use the cheat script to spawn the ship then reverse engineer it right? Or is there another MD/Script that activates the Corporate missions?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 08:17

The MD doesnt handle any of the corporate stuff, just the main plots.

Sirokos wise, add ship blueprint to your PHQ using the cheat menu, then just build them.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 08:55

EternalSpace wrote:Will this unlock the corporation rewards too? Since I'm in a custom game I cannot get those missions so I can't unlock things like the Sirokos. Although I'm assuming if I can't I can use the cheat script to spawn the ship then reverse engineer it right? Or is there another MD/Script that activates the Corporate missions?
Corporation Missions should be available in a custom game - it's only the main plots that are disabled.
This is assuming you are playing X3TC, therare no Corporation Missions at all in AP.

All Plots Complete only handles the main plots.
apricotslice wrote:The MD doesnt handle any of the corporate stuff, just the main plots.
The MD handles all the mission stuff - Plot, Corporation and Generic (station) Missions, they just have different 'control' files.

EternalSpace

Post by EternalSpace » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 03:06

Yes I am playing X3TC but I have not noticed any corporate mission icons are they different looking or do they use the same Build, Trade, Fight, Think icons?

If the MD can handle even these missions, perhaps a future add-on to it would be to have it complete the corporate missions as well?

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 00:59

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind, regarding this mod and TC. Sorry if they have been asked before!

1) Will the rewards wait until you go and get them, or is there a time limit?
2) How about compatability with other mods? In particular XRM; Menagerie Shipyard; Gaz's Super Tractor; Capture Stations and maybe a claim sector mod?
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 02:11

greypanther wrote:I have a couple of questions if you don't mind, regarding this mod and TC. Sorry if they have been asked before!

2) How about compatability with other mods? In particular XRM; Menagerie Shipyard; Gaz's Super Tractor; Capture Stations and maybe a claim sector mod?
1. Yes, they wait, no time limit. Actually, they dont get created until you enter the sector.

2. As an MD, it should be compatible with all mods and scripts. I cant think of any reason why it wouldnt be.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 05:48

greypanther wrote:I have a couple of questions if you don't mind, regarding this mod and TC. Sorry if they have been asked before!

If you are using the XRM mod, then you will need a specific version - the one paulwheeler modified to be compatible with XRM, there is a note about it in the OP.
You'll find that version in the first post of the XRM Thread.
All the others should be fine, as far as I can see (as long as they don't remove stations from the game before you've visited the sector), I assume Capture stations just changes ownership, but leaves docked ships intact?

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 15:34

Thank you. :)

I may well be back with further questions to both you apricotslice and you dillpickle; sorry. :D
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 20:15

Update:

Added an abandoned ship version.

kosh vorlontay

Post by kosh vorlontay » Tue, 7. May 13, 15:49

Was there ever a version put out that places all the plot goodies in the sector you start in?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 8. May 13, 03:24

I have 2 versions that put all the TC plot goodies in to Argon Prime or one of the Terran sectors, depending on which one you use. In my AP download area.

kosh vorlontay

Post by kosh vorlontay » Wed, 8. May 13, 10:46

Ahhh.... thanks!

The Pirate Life for me begins soon now!!!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 8. May 13, 11:23

@ apricotslice

I thought you had them.
Not used them for some time so did not reply to OP ,incase I was wrong.

Nice to know you are still around on the forums.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 8. May 13, 11:30

Still here, but not active. I still get all the older modding threads that I had some part of at some time.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”