[Index] List of Vanilla safe mods.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 16. Jun 10, 09:27

Not to my knowledge,but they have incorporated scripts that had been unsigned,thus making it necessary to remove the one you installed in order to update properly,iirc.

Futt
x4

"Vanilla" mods (i.e. no ***modified*** tag)

Post by Futt » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 13:09

Heya pilots,

Long time lurker, first time poster, die-hard spacesim fan here. I was wondering if there is a list somewhere of "mods" that can be run with Vanilla X3TC without giving you the ***modified*** tag? My Google-Fu fails me I'm afraid.

I recall seeing one or two complex-related mods (tube remover among others) that fit that description, but are there more?

Thanks in advance!

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 13:48

Here you go.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Futt
x4

Post by Futt » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 14:45

Perfect!! Just what I was looking for.

Thanks

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 22:28

@Aro

I am going to be changing my mod some time an the near future.
Regrettably, when version 1.6 is released it stands a good chance of not being "Vanilla Safe" any longer.

Version 1.5 is still vanilla safe, and I well keep it available.
This will allow those who wish to play with the mod, yet still have a vanilla game to do so.

The reasons are explained in detail on the OP of my mod thread.
Link is in my sig.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 09:25

Was thinking of noting what versions were tested. That will give a reason to do so.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 16:14

@Aro,

I was thinking about something last night, It might be possible to change some references in the Mine scene file and get another of the tunneled asteroids back into the game and still keep the vanilla safe compatibility.
Still need to research this, and probably will need a beta tester once it is ready. My game is heavily modified, so no hope that I can start a game without the ***modified*** tag.

So, what I thinking, is the next release that breaks the vanilla safe compatibility will be released as V2.0. That way I can have the V1.X series of this mod be the Vanilla safe edition.

Just thought I wanted to throw out.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 18:15

Heavily modified or not, you could do a reinstall,upgrade and keep it safe.
Just rename your current game/TC folder and back up your saves first.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 22:01

I'm using four folders of TC myself.

Beta Testing
Beta Testing
Vanilla
Testing scripts and mods mainly for XFF, Plot Skipper, and eventually back to working on my game starts.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Thu, 4. Aug 11, 04:46

Hate to necro a year old thread, but IMO this is pretty useful for people who do not want to go modified in their vanilla game. And besides, the first post says, note anything that will not add the tag in the game so here it goes.

A cockpit mod that doesn't give you a modified tag!
PSCO1's cockpit mod.
Here.

This is the version with both the hud and gravidar put back. You need these NOT removed in order not to give you the modified tag. Now I can try a new vanilla game...

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 17:19

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but, not exist a way to install a cockpit mod in TC\AP without achieving a moddified as in X3R?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 17:59

It doesn't depend on the installation way but rather on the files changed by the mod. If these are really just UI files, the mod shouldn't mark your game as *modified*.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ClashPDG
x3tc

I'll host them

Post by ClashPDG » Sat, 29. Oct 16, 21:21

I can't get my hands on most of the vanilla safe mods. If someone can send them to me, I'd be happy to host all of them for the foreseeable future.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 18:18

I fixed the links and reuploaded the files where possible.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”