[X3TC] Damn Paranid slowing down my game! (AKA How I found love for M7M)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Uzza
x3tc

[X3TC] Damn Paranid slowing down my game! (AKA How I found love for M7M)

Post by Uzza » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 14:57

I can start with saying that I run a modded game, as I like being able to add stuff that enhances my gameplay.

Now one of the mods I installed was Military Base Revamp, which I thought was pretty fun until my game started slowing down a bit.
I decided to uninstall it and went on my merry way.

But things didn't improve much, and it came to the point where I had a hard time to run SETA x3 without lag.

Wondering what the problem was, I decided to use the satellite network I've created and started looking through the map for big things happening.
And indeed there were stuff going on!

Friar's Retreat

The view from Friar's Retreat above was mirrored in Cardinal's Domain and Pontifex' Seclusion.

So as you can see I took a few of my destroyers and started clearing up, To no avail.
The game was still slow, so there were still something I had missed.

After looking a bit more I hit the motherload! And it's name was Paranid Prime!
A conservative estimate would put it at over 800 ships (pictures below) congested there, which would explain why my game slows down so much in SETA.

So setting up a battleplan, I realized that sending my destroyers in there would be suicide as they would be ganked pretty hard by that many ships.
I started looking for an M7M as I have read a lot of grand stories about them, and the problem of keeping them stocked with ammunition.
After some thinking I decided to go for a Cobra.

I set up a missile complex with five factories each producing flails and hammers, and went started the slow, no SETA wait for getting enough ammunition.

After about 8 hours of production I was ready to go!

All prepped up

Damn thats a lof of ships
More ships
A very looong list

I was in for one hell of a fight. Unfortunately, I forgot to take screenshots of it, so the end result have to suffice.

Where did all those missiles go?
Oups, I hope that didn't hurt!
The list is a lot shorter now though

That was really fun! And as a bonus I can once again run SETA at x10!

Hooray for M7M!
Last edited by Uzza on Sun, 25. Apr 10, 18:26, edited 2 times in total.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 15:19

Sounds fun :D

Did you use the M7M yourself or OOS?

BTW you should possibly remove the swear word from the subject - the mods don't really like that (there are kids on the forum, as well)...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Uzza
x3tc

Post by Uzza » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 15:30

I used it myself IS. Would be as fun otherwise, or effective. :)

Fixed title.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 16:25

Definitely more fun IS :)

It can be more effective OOS tho, as the missiles are insta hit OOS (really only effective if you use the barrage command...).

Tim

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 16:51

And i thought the never-ending Mission in Reunion was bad enough...the one where you have to get rid of the jump ship.

Uzza
x3tc

Post by Uzza » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 19:58

Now this is annoying... Paranid ships, without jumpdrives, just spawn in Argon Sector M148 and attacks my freighters there all the time.

So... how do I please them again so they stop attacking me? Can't really say that I've seen any missions since I attacked them...

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 21:34

If you've really annoyed them (which let's face it, you really have :twisted: ) they won't offer you many missions.

Few options left to you:

1. Kill their enemies in their space. Can be tricky if they're trying to kill you at the same time :gruebel:
2. Look for some of their race offering missions in another race's sector. It does happen...
3. Build some fabs just outside their space (so they don't get attacked by the military that don't like you) producing things they are likely to want. NPC traders may buy from you and (slowly) increase your rep that way.

Tim

Uzza
x3tc

Post by Uzza » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 01:18

Found an assassination mission that wanted me to kill an Akuma.
Needless to say, my rep is pretty high again. :)

Abaws
x4

Post by Abaws » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 05:50

I found another solution to that last week....get to that over crowded sector. Circle the sector around the area u want cleaned, and start taking patrol missions, you just dont complete the mission until there is still something flying in those sectors, usually left are the capital ships depending on your combat rank. Works great :D

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 18:59

Dude those damn paranids I am at war with for wiping out legends home all the time and not letting me get a new mission !!! Oh they will pay..... THEY WILL PAY!!!!!!!

... well they are paying coz I ninja'd 2 hyps already gonna take some more stuff off'em before I can defend legends home!! WITH THERE SHIPS!!!

what other combat mods u using ?

Uzza
x3tc

Post by Uzza » Wed, 28. Apr 10, 21:52

The only other combat mods I use would be RRF, MARS and Reduced enemy missiles.
MARS is probably my absolute favorite. No need to worry about turret slot layout, just let MARS worry about what goes there. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”