LAA problem

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

SadisticSid
x3tc

LAA problem

Post by SadisticSid » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 01:23

When I started getting 0.2FPS on my 6GB Core i7, GTX 295 box I read the suggestion to turn on LAA. This fixed my problem straight away, or so I thought. But this has caused the opposite thing to happen in other sectors which were once problem-free!

For exmaple if I turn on LAA and run the game, I can visit Heretics End with no problem. But Paranid Prime is a slideshow. If I turn off LAA then Paranid Prime works properly, but Heretics End is screwed.

I suspect this is to do with the fact that LAA has been both on and off inside the same game and has introduced some weirdness in my saves. I really don't want to have to restart my game to fix this. Is there anything I can do to work around this problem, or am I doomed to exit and restart my game when I want to visit certain sectors?
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 09:21

My guess is the LAA flag is a red herring....

Q1) What version of the game are you running?

Q2) Do you have any complexes in either of those sectors?

Q3) Are either of those sectors subject to extreme amounts of traffic in your game?

Q4) When you get the SPF issue what happens if you turn your ship so that there are no stations/ships in view?

Q5) Are there any ships fighting in either sector? (PBE kills the frame rate at least in 2.5 and prior)
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Carlo the Curious
x4

Re: LAA problem

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 19:34

SadisticSid wrote:I suspect this is to do with the fact that LAA has been both on and off inside the same game and has introduced some weirdness in my saves.
It doesn't work like that (as far as I know, anyway).

In addition to Roger's questions, please post a [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url].

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 00:47

Carlo the Curious wrote:
SadisticSid wrote:I suspect this is to do with the fact that LAA has been both on and off inside the same game and has introduced some weirdness in my saves.
I also used LAA patch and I got a beatiful "***Modified***" tag on my player stats, im very dissapointed because of that, they should advice it could happen. :evil:

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 01:07

N4N wrote:
Carlo the Curious wrote:
I also used LAA patch and I got a beatiful "***Modified***" tag on my player stats, im very dissapointed because of that, they should advice it could happen. :evil:
If you DIY the LAA you will not get the Modified tag... it sounds like the LAA Patch you used is also a mod.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 01:08

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
N4N wrote:
Carlo the Curious wrote:
If you DIY the LAA you will not get the Modified tag... it sounds like the LAA Patch you used is also a mod.
I used apatch yes, I get the link from the forum, No way I can modify the LAA myself.... :shock:

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 01:27

You should ask in the thread you got the patcher from, but as far as I'm aware it shouldn't tag your game as modified.

PeyoteCoyote
x4

Post by PeyoteCoyote » Thu, 22. Apr 10, 14:59

I just used the patcher the other day... didn't get a modified tag.

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Thu, 29. Apr 10, 17:49

SadisticSid wrote:When I started getting 0.2FPS on my 6GB Core i7, GTX 295 box I read the suggestion to turn on LAA. This fixed my problem straight away, or so I thought. But this has caused the opposite thing to happen in other sectors which were once problem-free!

For exmaple if I turn on LAA and run the game, I can visit Heretics End with no problem. But Paranid Prime is a slideshow. If I turn off LAA then Paranid Prime works properly, but Heretics End is screwed.

I suspect this is to do with the fact that LAA has been both on and off inside the same game and has introduced some weirdness in my saves. I really don't want to have to restart my game to fix this. Is there anything I can do to work around this problem, or am I doomed to exit and restart my game when I want to visit certain sectors?
If you have an nvidia Video card you can run LargeAddressAware w/o 1FPS sector entry bug by opening 3d control panel, x3tc settings, set Maximum Pre-renedered Frames to 0 or 1. If you have an ATi, I have no idea what the corresponding 3D setting is . ..

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”