MK3 Blacklist Manager
Blacklisting function for Trade Command Software MK3
(for X3TC 2.5 and higher)
As noted in the Technical Datasheet of the Trade Command Software MK3, traders are able to maintain a blacklist of sectors that they won't pick as destinations for any flights. With this blacklist, they also avoid having two or more ships fly to a station for the same deal (as only one ship ever makes that deal). All sectors and stations are only locked temporarily, and will unlock again after a few minutes.
The Blacklist Manager is an inofficial plugin to the blacklisting system, that gives you the power to add your own sectors and stations to a permanent blacklist. Stations in the blacklist, and stations in blacklisted sectors, will not be picked as targets for trade runs.
Opening the Manager
The manager can be started from every MK3-trader's ship command console. First open the command console and scroll down to Additional Ship Commands:
Then, select Start MK3 Blacklist Manager. The Manager offers the options to add sectors and stations to the list, remove them again, and to view the automatic blacklist that is managed by the MK3 trading software.
Adding sectors and stations
To add an item to the blacklist, select the corresponding menu entry and choose a sector/station from the map that opens then.
Removing sectors and stations
After selecting Remove Item, you can choose the item to be removed from the current list. Note that you cannot remove items from the automatic list, as those entries are being managed internally by the vanilla MK3 software.
You can only view, but not edit the automatic blacklist. If you select a station or sector from the menu, you get the chance to look at the sector map, to get an idea of where the sector/station is and if you can spot enemies nearby.
- In the .zip file, you find a /scripts/ folder and a /t/ folder. Move the content of those folders to the /scripts/ and /t/ folders of the X3TC game directory (C:/Program Files/EGOSOFT/X3 Terran Conflict/ or the like).
- In the game directory's /scripts/ folder, you find a file named "plugin.autotrade.blacklistsector.pck". To make the game use the modified file "plugin.autotrade.blacklistsector.xml" instead, rename or delete the .pck file. Be aware that this will make every savegame you load *modified* even without the scripteditor activated, because the vanilla MK3 scripts use that file as well.
- Start the game. If not active yet, activate the script editor.
ship command: 1223
modified vanilla scripts: plugin.autotrade.blacklistsector
- Windows 7/Vista may not allow you to copy files to the /scripts/ or /t/ folder. You do need administrator privileges to modify any files under C:/Program Files/. Usually, you can obtain admin rights by choosing the corresponding option on the error menu that pops up.
- Replacing a vanilla script may result in every savegame from then on being marked with a *modified*-tag, even if you don't have the scripteditor activated. Also, new patches of the game may put the .pck files that you replaced back in position.
- The "Automatic blacklist" may contain numbers instead of station/sector names. In that case, you most likely did not update the "blacklistsector" script correctly, and this whole plugin will not work.
- Blacklisting a sector means that the trader does not pick that sector as destination. It says nothing about the trader flying through that sector on its way to another location. Blacklisting Xenon sectors is pointless.