AdvSatellite becomes Lasertower on deployment.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Taha

AdvSatellite becomes Lasertower on deployment.

Post by Taha » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 06:37

I've been lurking around for a long time, reading the forums, trying scripts and such. Almost every time I had a problem I found the answer using search function. This time I did not. I'm tired of bangin my head on keyboard, so please help.

I'm playing TC.

I'm using Gazz Complex Cleaner script, Crystal Free factory (by Serial Kicked) - both as fake patch, and of course Community Cheat Package.

More than that, I've made some player ships myself (basically copies from Argon Ships with more speed / energy / cargospace) and added TShips and desc. file in the fake patch. To access those ships I need the cheat script - yes, I know how to add them at shipyards, but I believe is too much hassle.

But I have 2 problems here.

1. (not so bad) Each time a merchant launches drones to protect from pirate attacks, those are not drones, but "Space Suit" (according to race, argon, teladi, etc). When I collect them, they become drones in my cargo bay.
2. This is bad, it messes Final Fury storyline. Each time I deploy an Advanced Satelite, it becomes "Your lasertower". They are Satelites in cargobay, when I eject them Mira says "Advanced Satelite ejected", but on Navmap are Lasertowers (with the properties of Adv.Sats - best buy / best sell / no weapons)

I checked the description file I've made, it only contains my ships. I checked the other mods, no one have a .pck or .xml containing the Adv.Sat or Lasertower ID. I even tried to use the cheat to place a Sat, it becomes Lasertower as well.

Also - but somehow unrelated, my mining ships does not seem to be able to mine Nividium, even fully equiped with Mobile Driling Sistems. They only find Ore, Ice and Silicon. Yes, I manually added nividium fields / asteroids, still no result.

I'm pretty far in game (hub completed, 500m+ in account, max reputation, half goners, half teran) and I would not like to start over again.

Please, tell me what to check or where to look.
Thank you.

Later edit. I forgot about those. I also use Unleashed's X3 Performance mod (basically a no-civ Job.pck and a modified JobWings.pck file) and the Aldrin Rock resizer. No fog (Tbackground.pck) - modified by myself, does not touch anything else ; no suns (Lens.pck) - borrowed from German forums and a modified - by me - Global.txt that increases both comm range and storage space in HUB / docks.

Found the problem.
When I created the ships, I did not pasted them to end.
Topic closed. Too bad I can't delete it from forum, is kinda embarassing.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 14:14

when you added the ships to tships, did you add it at the end of the file, or just insert it somewhere in the middle.

as certain things in TShips have to be at specific positions, so if you insert ships, then these positions change and you get the problem you are seeing

Taha

Post by Taha » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 14:21

Thank you, Cycrow, I managed to see the where the error is coming from a couple of hours ago (see the edit of my post).
That makes me equaly embarassed and proud. :)

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 16:00

Taha wrote:Thank you, Cycrow, I managed to see the where the error is coming from a couple of hours ago (see the edit of my post).
That makes me equaly embarassed and proud. :)
Don't be to :oops: , I recently did this as well and all Fighter Drone MKII's became Heavy Centaurs, which in principle sounds good but not if their are being launched from a nova. :D
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”