[TC] x3 online!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ratlaw
x3tc

x3 online!

Post by Ratlaw » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 00:22

This game is so awesome! Could you imagine the possibilities? This game plays great solo, but what if? What's your take on it, if it they made it online? I would say bye bye to Eve Online thats for sure.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 00:27

Not again with X as online/MMO/whatever. As to why, go here.

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 01:41

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:Not again with X as online/MMO/whatever. As to why, go here.
Why do you hate me? I'm really a nice guy.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 01:57

Ratlaw wrote:
Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:Not again with X as online/MMO/whatever. As to why, go here.
Why do you hate me? I'm really a nice guy.
lol, its not you that hes crabby about :P, its just the whole X online has been discussed to numerous deaths and all of em has ended the same way with the same discussion.

(admittedly, when i saw the thread title, i facepalmd and said " ah ----, not this ---- again), i was quite happy to see 2 lines instead of the eyeglazing essaywall most write to stir up unneeded interest that woulda ended badly.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 02:13

X online. 2 simple points in response (which are most defintely in Gazz's thread, as linked by catra):

1. MMO - a lot of people don't want it.
2. Without MMO it's not financially viable. See 1.

Ego do still want to do an X online game and I think it will happen. But don't hold your breath...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 02:27

perkint wrote:X online. 2 simple points in response (which are most defintely in Gazz's thread, as linked by catra):

Ego do still want to do an X online game and I think it will happen. But don't hold your breath...

Tim
Hell, I would be happy if they made another X3 game like the rest with all new content.

Roger L.S. Griffiths
x4

Post by Roger L.S. Griffiths » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 02:54

Ratlaw wrote:
perkint wrote:X online. 2 simple points in response (which are most defintely in Gazz's thread, as linked by catra):

Tim
Hell, I would be happy if they made another X3 game like the rest with all new content.

Could always check out some of the mods for X3 instead... some of them are almost professional in quality (and in some cases better quality than some of the paid for !"£$%) :wink:
Roger (aka [SRK] Mr^Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Terry Duncan1
x3tc

Post by Terry Duncan1 » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 03:43

For what it is worth, I have been told there is a game similar to X2 X£ etc that is only for online play and called Eve Online? It didnt look too great on YouTube but a friend plays it a lot and says its good once you get into it - and get past having to pay a fee monthly as well as wait ages to be allowed to use the better ships..

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 18:29

EVE online, basically, is a point and click game. Albeit a complex and good looking one. And that's coming from someone who plays it.
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

TTD
xr

Post by TTD » Mon, 8. Mar 10, 23:29

If you want Single-game-Multi-Player,please take a look at the current SMP site.
Join us if you wish.
We are four players now,but ideally we need ten.

http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/index ... um=smpx3tc

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 9. Mar 10, 02:54

This is not a subject for the Spoilers Forum.
Having an Acronym Attack? See the Ego FAQ. Also now for Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude.
NOT an Egosoft employee.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”