[TC] Omicron Lyrae is being erased from the map, what should i do?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Luisedgm
xr

Omicron Lyrae is being erased from the map, what should i do?

Post by Luisedgm » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 17:51

I just got my second automated Mercury and started making some profit when suddently a fleet of 3 m2, 2 m3, and arround 20 m5 from "Kha'ak faction just poped up and started ripping all the stations apart, i was able to escape with my Mercuries and my main trading ship to Circle of Labor, but there is nothing i can do to save Omicron, is there a way to call reinforcements? also the destoyed stations will be rebuilt later? i was so close from buying a Nova and i dont know any safe place to trade T-T

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 17:54

Well, the safest trade zone nearby is terran space...

And no, unless you've a fleet, there's no way to call in reinforcements. They may come themselves or not...

If Omicron is once more wiped, it'll be rebuild in time. I'd say: Be grateful, there will be a LOT of build stations missions soon.

Luisedgm
xr

Post by Luisedgm » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 17:56

RyuKazuha wrote: If Omicron is once more wiped, it'll be rebuild in time. I'd say: Be grateful, there will be a LOT of build stations missions soon.
Lol, too bad i dont have a large transporter only 3 small ones >.<

dreadmessiah

Post by dreadmessiah » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 18:07

Sit back and enjoy the show. There are scores of other sectors to trade in. Get 8+ laser towers and 60+ fighter drones. Just drop the laser towers and gain the attention of some scouts then run away and let the laser towers kill them and deploy some fighter drones to deal with those that get through. Then kill the m2 by luring them in or dropping the laser towers off in their path. It takes some time and more laser towers means everything dies quicker.

Only reasons for warships: They look pretty, combat missions (given or your own ie capping), like to watch things go booom. Otherwise invest in laser towers and fighter drones 1/2 and terran fighter drones. A mistral SF loaded down with 50+ laser towers and hundreds of drones will kill multiple m1/m2s with lesser ships accompanying those m1/m2. Just gotta be careful the enemy ships do not get too close to you. Jump from gate to gate helps as does fighter drones.
Last edited by dreadmessiah on Sun, 14. Feb 10, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

Luisedgm
xr

Post by Luisedgm » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 18:12

I would love if i had the money >.<

is there any chance of some good item dropping from the brawl? i may be able to scavenge and run. XP

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 18:55

So long as you wait until the fight has moved on scavenging weapons from the aftermath of a fight (if that sounds too vulturish then you could claim it is recycling) can make decent profits for the start of the game. Keep an eye out for medium level weapons and stuff - they take up little hold space and sell for a bomb. Just keep an eye out for the bad guys. Nothing sucks like sneaking in, grabbing a few million worth of goods and then hearing a bzzzap and everything going black...

M

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 19:40

I never see anything larger than a Kh'aak cluster, and I have a serious Battlegroup just waiting for a sight of them too....
I think travelling around looking for Build Missions mean that I miss out on some fun....
Last pounding I saw was a Paranid Carrier taken out in Elena's....
:)
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Luisedgm
xr

Post by Luisedgm » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 19:59

a strange thing happened, after escaping to circle of labor i saved and quit to post here, after reading a few posts i came back to the game, when i went back to the game i went to omicron and see if i could loot something, but there was nothing happening, the entire enemy fleet was missing, the destroyed station restored, everything was as if nothing had happened... well i took the opportunity to send my ships back to work and make more money, but now im afraid of having another fleet just popping up again, what are the chances?

Maliex
x3tc

Post by Maliex » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 20:16

it's rare
deleted account

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 04:44

I know everyones game is dynamic, or semi dynamic but I think its funny, everyone talks about these invasions as all I every find is a battle ship getting blown up after cruising into a sector... maybe I need to play longer then 3 - 5 hours a day...
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

swgoddard
xr

Post by swgoddard » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 11:19

This has not happened in my game but I have done lots of 'build' missions for the locals here.
And the neighbouring sectors too.
So maybe the extra business saved their bacon?

reiks
x4

Post by reiks » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 11:31

during my first playthrough as a terran pilot on 2.0 Omicron was also being wiped out from the face of the universe. Now pirates and xenons seems to be their main problem, pirates already destroyed the Adv. Sat factory in Omicron. All the argon M6 M7 and M2 are gone as well...

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 20:04

If I like a race, and see their ships are getting a pasting from Pirate, Kh'aak or Xenon, I deploy some of my Starships....it's what I pay the crews for....
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”