[AL PLUGIN] Wars: Argon/Boron vs Paranid/Split v1.00 [2010-02-04]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Serial Kicked
x3tc

[AL PLUGIN] Wars: Argon/Boron vs Paranid/Split v1.00 [2010-02-04]

Post by Serial Kicked » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 16:08

====================================
War Plugin : Argon/Boron vs Paranid/Split
====================================

:arrow: Plugin Description
  • This small script will cause the Borons and the Argons to declare war on Paranids and Splits. It basically change notoriety settings and set ships as hostiles to each other. There is no "sector takeover" or altered AI, but it does what it's supposed to do. You'll see military ships from the 2 alliances battling each others and hunting enemy transport ships.
:arrow: Side Effects
  • 1. Enabling this plugin will probably break the plot, so it's better to have it finished before using it.

2. Disabling the plugin won't restore a total peace in the universe. You'll see less and less fighting over the time, but a few military ships will still hunt their former enemies until they die.

3. I don't know how this script will cope with 3rd party ones and i don't care :p
:arrow: Download Link :arrow: Installation
  • - Unzip in your X3:TC folder
    - Run X3 and load your save game (or start a new game, as you wish)
    - Go to the Artificial Life setting menu ( [Esc] / General / Artifical Life)
    - Locate "Wars: Argon/Boron vs Paranid/Split" and set it to TRUE
    - A window will appear when the loading is completed
    - Done !
Enjoy :mrgreen:
Last edited by Serial Kicked on Sun, 27. Apr 14, 08:50, edited 2 times in total.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 16:08

Commands used : none

Textfile used : 8512

Supported languages :
- English
- French
- Polish (Thanks to Yacek)

======================================
Version History
======================================

v1.00 - Initial Release

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 16:56

Fun! Do you plan on adding some dialogue options depending on our standing with the race (eg help them in a fight)?

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 22:38

finally the old war reunited!

Time for vengeance my boron friends....
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

lamoyja
x3tc

Post by lamoyja » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 01:01

So...

Does this affect player starting reputation and enemies as well? I.e. if I'm a Humble Merchant, and I set off to buy some split ships, am I going to get instantly fragged?

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 05:26

Nho wrote:Fun! Do you plan on adding some dialogue options depending on our standing with the race (eg help them in a fight)?
It's unlikely, this is only a small side project. It was originally a X2 script i've been asked several times to port to X3/TC. I may improve it so the player can customize relations between all the factions. Maybe i will review that statement later if this plugin is widely used.
lamoyja wrote:Does this affect player starting reputation and enemies as well? I.e. if I'm a Humble Merchant, and I set off to buy some split ships, am I going to get instantly fragged?
It doesn't affect gamestarts or your relation with any other faction and you can still be the best buddy of all factions. In other words, you can safely travel to split space without being blown up :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 05:54

On that note, you should add a little thing that lets you sign up with the nation's military in which case it WILL change your notoriety. On the plus side, it'd give you extra bounty for killing the hostile nation's ships (in or out of friendly territory).

Seems like it'd be kind of an extensive thing to do for such a simple script, but its worth looking in to. Maybe put this in an extended version and make this a "Lite" script or something.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 06:09

It's not exactly what i'd call a "little thing" :p

But yeah i thought about it too while answering to lamoyja, i could add a switch in the setup menu (well i should add a setup menu first) so the relation between the Argon/Boron and the player goes down when it goes up with Split/Paranid.

About the bounty system / help of an endangered ship. Technically, yes it's do-able (and already done in PG). But, i have to make a script-independent bounty system first, so i can use it in all my plugins instead of rewriting a sightly modified version for each plugin.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 06:51

well, i can certianly say this gave the military base revamp script another purpose, besides giving the player a bigger flock to hunt :)

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 07:12

I haven't seen much of this script ig yet, but I already can say they aren't any more Paranid ships in main argon sectors. It has always annoyed me to see so many Paranids among the Argons, so that is a good start for me :)

This brings a question tho: what will be the economical impact in a long term. I don't know how the economy works, will that have any impact at all?

A "little thing" that can bring a lot to the "rpg" feeling. Now it has a sense belonging to one of those factions.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 07:44

About the economy,

tbh i don't really know as i'm no trader and i've not tested this script in the long run. But i can easily guess it will have a negative impact especially on factories that are building end-products (weapons, shields..). Impact on medium/low level factories should be less important as each faction use its own food type. As we don't know how stations are spawned by "GoD" (i guess it's more or less random but we can't know for sure) i can't say if the universe will balance itself in the long run. Anyway, by using this + PG + YA + whatever military script you're using, don't expect to have well supplied NPC factories ;)

On the other hand, high-end NPC factories without supplies means more trade opportunities for the player.
A "little thing" that can bring a lot to the "rpg" feeling. Now it has a sense belonging to one of those factions.
Well this little thing is a part of my work on Factions:AI, so yeah i could use this project as a test bed for such features. But it will depend of what i find the easier to code.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 02:54

Thanks for this! I useally run IR just for the hotwar, and from just reading the descrip you have, this will do just that.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 08:41

And you'll avoid a bunch of issues related to IR.

Basically this + RRF (for sector takeover) + PG + ADS + YA should be somewhat similar to IR without the bugs and balance/compatibility issues.

This said, i have thought about how i could improve this plugin (well mostly thanks to you all) in an useful way, so here's a few features i will implement:

1. Add a setup menu so the player can set the relation between each faction (including Xenons and Khaaks) so it would make the job much easier for DiD scenarios.

2. Bounty system (yeah i'm nearly done with it) so an Argon kill in Paranid sector will give you money from paranid military.

3. Include ECS dialogs on Military Outposts/Bases to locate potential targets.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 04:23

having run this for awhile,
been watching the economy the entire time.

after about ~ the 8th hour, the eco finally stabilises :P

dragonblue14
x4

Post by dragonblue14 » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 05:43

Is there any way to not lose noterity if you kill, lets say argon in paranid sectors? :?

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 06:47

Serial Kicked wrote:And you'll avoid a bunch of issues related to IR.

Basically this + RRF (for sector takeover) + PG + ADS + YA should be somewhat similar to IR without the bugs and balance/compatibility issues.
I forget a lot of acronyms...what does PG, ADS, and YA stand for again? (Is PG = Pirate Guild?)

Thanks

And neat looking script.
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 06:54

PG = pirate guild

ADS = anarkis defense systems

YA = yaki armada

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 06:56

Thanks
I fly an OWP. What about you?

vtp1hero

Post by vtp1hero » Wed, 31. Mar 10, 10:27

so u can make race war each other and sector take over ( like a empire of a race ) :lol: ?

i want this mod ( "race empire" )

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Mon, 13. Mar 17, 07:10

Would it be ok if I created and posted a modified version of this plugin?

I am looking at
  • *Renaming anarkis.wars.al.init to anarkis.wars.al.start.

*Removing it's invoking from from start section of the al.

*Adding logic to the loop script to call start and stop the war.

*Start of war will be based on how many ships have been destroyed by each group. Also if the player is hated by the Paranid but liked by the Boron, then each Paranid ship the player kills will increase the chances of war.

*Adding logic to the start script to pick between commonwealth race war, and commonwealth vs Terran war. While ensuring the stop script cleaned up both types of war.

*Add logic to kill script to reward player with bounty if loved by destroyed ships enemies.
It brings this plugin a little bit closer to IR while still keeping to this plugins clean and simple design.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”