Fighter Drone - Deployment

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Fighter Drone - Deployment

Post by The Iron Duke » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 11:36

Having never used Fighter Drones in the last year of playing, just a quick question.
When they are loaded on to transport, do they deploy automatically when the vesssel is attacked, or are further commands / set up required?
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me." (Sir Athur Wellesley, viewng the Connaught Rangers, eve of Waterloo.)

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 11:41

TS class ships will automatically launch drones if they come under attack. But all other ships will need to be launched manually.

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 13:11

Simon: are you sure about that?

I know universal/sector traders do, but i think thats part of the trader script, not a normal feature.

For example if i was carrying 1000000 drones to be sold in my remote TS and it got attacked will drones be launched?

I never tested, just seems weird.

Karbo
x3tc

Post by Karbo » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 18:09

Hi, I'm new to playing X3 TC and was wondering do I launch fighter drones on an M6 by ejecting them. Then also how do you get the drones back in the ship after launching them.

LordForrester

Post by LordForrester » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 18:49

removed cause it might have been hijacking.
Last edited by LordForrester on Mon, 1. Feb 10, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 18:50

If you're flying you have to eject them to use them. I don't know about the AI. I believe simply running them over like you do sats will put them back in the bay, but I'm not certain.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 18:51

Yeah - all AI controlled TSs will auto-launch drones. The advantage of the MK3 controlled ones is that they'll actually go buy more to replace them, which the others won't.

To pick them up again, if you have docking bays and one is empty, you can just tell all the drones to protect you. Once there's no enemies nearby, they'll come along and dock. If you don't have free docking bays (only one M6 has any at all) you can order them to do nothing and then pick them up like cargo (ie run into them).

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 19:32

juanitierno wrote:Simon: are you sure about that?

I know universal/sector traders do, but i think thats part of the trader script, not a normal feature.

For example if i was carrying 1000000 drones to be sold in my remote TS and it got attacked will drones be launched?

I never tested, just seems weird.
Yes they do launch drones, but they don't pick them back up though. So make sure they haven't got that many onboard or you will likely to lose them all.

Karbo
x3tc

Post by Karbo » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 20:54

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 23:40

Imagines leaving a present for Qs in the form of fighter drones (in the order of 1000s) gift wrapped in a TS... :o

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 23:43

Laden Swallow wrote:Imagines leaving a present for Qs in the form of fighter drones (in the order of 1000s) gift wrapped in a TS... :o
That's if the TS survives long enough to deploy them all. :P

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 01:19

Will they pick them up if you give them Collect Wares, like they will Sats?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 01:53

Nope. Can't with satellites, either. It's because they aren't 'wares', i.e., a floating crate.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 08:15

From the time one hears the immortal worlds...."One of your ships is under attack...." a TS may have less than thirty seconds to a minute in my experience. If I check and there are capturable Pirate ships, then I may jump in to try to even the score with the Pirates.
TS Value = 250,000 +
Pirate Elite Captured / Repaired = 700,000 +
Pirate Blastclaw Captured / Repaired = 3,500,000 +
It means that I can sell to buy more TS.
Elena's Fortune is a Sector I always get my tail kicked in.
Fighter drones, nope, only carried on some larger ships.
:o
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 13:47

I have often wondered if there is a limit to how many drones will automatically drop from a freighter if it is fully stocked.

Perhaps cargo and deployable weapons should have different locations.

I hate the drone - drop all feature - in my case it needs an idiots confirmation of are you sure Y/N?

With drones it is far too easy to accidentally fumble and drop everything when frantically trying to launch a given number while under attack.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Wed, 3. Feb 10, 18:18

The MARS mod turns drones into a force to be feared. They can intercept missiles, distract fighters, and pick up wares. They are also limited to a max number per ship.

A TS full of normal drones can potentially wipe out a sector.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”